Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

@GrannyC PT is wildly promoted here after joint replacement. It's maditory to attend 2 PT classes pre surgically, detailing what to do post surgically. This is from the book they send us home with...
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
So just to be clear, I've not done any of the exercises that I was sent home with. I've followed the BS philosophy-walking and not even that in excess. I don't feel like I can "complain" to anyone about the pains and twinges I am having because it's immediately met with "Are you going to PT?" "Are you doing your exercises?" and "You should be walking more and resting less". I need to ice all the time as I'm sore and my hip and thigh feel tight with inflammation still....and I absolutely have to take Tylenol regularly still.
I worry I am not walking enough. I don't use an aid in the home and haven't for the past 2 weeks, but I can't walk even remotely normal, let alone have a heal to toe gait. I putter around the house but have to spend the times in between elevating and icing. Between the significant LLD and the subsequent discomfort, it's been hard to increase my mobility. I use my cane though whenever not at home as I'm wobbly and get sore and tired.

It's all rather depressing so time for more choccie! Hahaha
 
Sweetie I'd tag Josphine and call your docs office it's still soon in your recovery though it doesn't seem it. I'd call for sure on any increase in pain. I be here in da House with you Ma ma
 
@Dive17 so glad you're okay after that slip...that's terrifying! It was milder today so there was some melting and now it's dropped temp and everything is an icerink so I'm not sure I'll go anywhere tomorrow, but if I do, hubby will be with me, guiding me around like a little puppy dog hehehe:dogwalk:
 
Last edited:
Het @danabanana, maybe you should use cane around the house more. I know you want the independence, but the cane does seem to help smooth out the gait. If you are not wobbling so much when you walk around the house it may help.
 
You are a wise woman @danabanana. And I would think with the guys in your house it would be handy to have, just give them a love pat with it on their backsides if they are misbehaving or grumpy. :whistle:
 
How's my sweets, Dana rhymes with banana...doing today? :wink:
@danabanana
 
@MammaT how appropriate your comment because it seems everyone, even down to the youngest member, put on grumpypants today! I'm staying clear of it all! I'm okay @Layla.... I tidied my bedroom and cleaned up the kitchen and now I'm settled with an icepack and a wobbly pop I found in the back 40 of the fridge (SCORE!), to watch my hockey game! :egypdance:
 
Last edited:
Aww, precious baby pics, Dana. There's a resemblance!
Hope you're having a good day and feeling better.
Enjoy the game!
 
Well, it's been a meh day. I didn't go on a driving adventure but I'm hoping to tomorrow. I just told the guys to get it together...that I'm ready to start a bonfire. Not bra burning though.... Grumpypants burning! :thumb:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom