Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Hi @danabanana, sorry you’re feeling that your recovery has stalled. I’ve reached 6 weeks out today and have sat back and thought about how my recovery has gone. You are probably achieving more than you think when you compare to how you were before the op and how you were right after the op.
Sending you a virtual hug :friends:
 
On the news this morning Andy Murray (tennis player is demoralised with his hip injury recover and is considering surgery. Even people who have access to very possible medical/physio support have issues and worry over their progress.
I have no doubt you’ll wake up one morning and forget you even have a new hip :flwrysmile:
 
Aw @Jackie222 you are just so sweet!!! :roseshwr: it's true.....I was thinking this about some recently injured NHL players. One has even come back after a hip replacement!!!! Amazing!!! But yah, it also takes its time and has its own set of worries and ups and downs. Thanks for the reminder Hun, and the hugs! ❤
 
@MammaT all true sweets...today I decided I needed to suck it up! Haha So my son chauffeured me to Walmart and we got a few groceries! Yay me! Been a tight budget lately due to some unforeseen complications so we were making it through with tuna and pasta. Haha was nice to grab a few things and feel normal. I had my cane and hobble wobbled my way around. I find it amusing noticing the looks of sympathy I get...this one lady actually was just staring at me and I could almost see her thinking outlook "What is wrong with that poor woman!?" haha I just smiled and wibble wobbled on my teeter tottery way! :heehee:
I'm so sore though....I'm honestly just jelly of those here post op that have no pain! I'm not pain free at all...I have so much pain in the very top front part of my thigh STILL! I'm not sure what that is exactly...besides, oh I dunno, hip replacement recovery! Haha sigh.
So back to my Walmart adventure....I was stunned to not find any sales food wise! It's like all the prices went up after new years! The only thing I saw decent was broccoli crowns for $1.44/lb and of course none were left! people!

Anyhow....I'm presently darning my hubby's favorite wooly socks, just like my Nana used to do for my Grampa. I told hubby I'd get him a new pair but he said he loves them too much and he loves my patchwork darning. Funny guy! I call them his Hobo Socks! Hahaha
 
Last edited:
Have you tagged Josephine about the pain at top of thigh? Of course, you know she will ask you to answer all of the uestions and identify where pain is on chart, but she seems to know quite a bit and if something is abnormal or not. It may give you peace of mind.

I would like to have seen you at Walmart @danabanana. And people are funny the way they look at you. When I had torn labrum repair my dil took me shopping and I used my mother’s wheel chair. The reaction of some people was very interesting, in some cases downright rude. It gave me great empathy for those who are physically limited on a constant basis. It made me a little more patient towards them and willing to take a minute if they need assistance.

Darning socks is a fine job on a winter evening!
 
Hey @danabanana
You're such a great sport. I feel bad that you're struggling. You've had a few bumps in the road
but maintain your sweet spirit and great humor throughout. Wish I could give you a hug :console2:
To brighter days :prayer:
 
I think @danabanana that the snow has really made it difficult to judge your progress because somehow it’s much easier to make steady progress when you’re walking outside. Would you have been walking up and down your road? If you kept a chart or diary I bet you’d see some progress.
 
Thanks girls. There has been progress....like Jaycey reminded me, looking back, there has been improvements and perhaps there would be even more if it were more favourable weather. Regardless, I'm feeling stuck at the moment with not much relief. I'm not doing PT despite the opinion of my OS-so I don't feel like I can complain about my pain to him because his response is very sterile and followed with saying not to baby it and do those exercises. *INSERT DRAMATIC EYEROLL HERE* :skep:
 
Last edited:
Dana, I'm disappointed. You had the perfect opportunity for a shopping scooter adventure, mowing down Wally World shoppers right and left! And you would have sweet talked your way through it so they were apologizing to you!

I know it's been a hard road for you and you've had so many things stunting your opportunities - between the Crohn's getting sick a couple of times yourself and essentially being restricted to your room to maintain quarantine when others were sick.

Even if you haven't been doing the exercises, I wouldn't think that would cause the pain you're describing. I don't do certain exercises because of pain at the top of the thigh - PT says the hip flexor is the culprit. It even makes it harder to walk than to dance. So no marching or straight leg lifts for me - instead I'm supposed to stretch that area.

Above all, don't be afraid to be honest with your doctor - the doc might be able to isolate and treat the issue with all the info. He just needs to remember he's grating a patient and not a hip. Just let me know if I need to come up there and straighten him up! :loll:

Hugs!
:console2:
 
Hahaha @SaraK I seriously was going to hop on one of the scooters but between the horrified look on Zach's face (he is only 18 and he used to work there) and how I feel my Butt has increased by an entire province, I decided trying to chalk up some steps to be the better option, though not nearly as fun. :heehee:
 
Ok, so what he'd be more likely to relate to - stand on the cart, use your good leg to push off and coast down the aisles, seeing how many people have to jump out of the way!
 
Today's grandbaby pic. She was just drifting off to sleep. :roseshwr:


[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
I think you sound like you are doing very well @danabanana . Since it is winter and you are more or less stuck inside, you probably have too much time on your hands to think about your recovery and how it is going. If it were spring and you could at least sit outside and see the leaves coming out, flowers starting to bloom and maybe even go for a short walk, you might feel differently. Maybe you could call a friend you haven’t talked to in ages or find a good book to read. I was very blessed because I enjoy sitting at my sewing machine and that was ideal even early on in my recovery and it kept me busy with little time to dwell on how recovery was going.

BTW, that little granddaughter is absolutely adorable! You need to heal so you can take her for a walk come spring and be able to carry her around. I guess I’m assuming she lives very close. Sending happy, healing thoughts your way across all this snow.... :hi:
 
Thank you @GrannyC I absolutely have too much time on my hands! You're right, it's a bit of a lonely time too because of the awful weather. Grandbaby couldn't come visit today....she has her first fever. Poor Squeaky! Daughter was frantic...so I was texting with her off and on all night.
Resting and icing today. I've decided I just need a bodyectomy. Hahaha Been looking on Amazon and Wish....but maybe I could find a better deal on EBay? :rotfl:
 
Hey @danabanana :wink:
Like you, I seemed to be getting nowhere or if so, only very slowly. This week, though, I have suddenly been able to do so much more (including clipping my own toenails on BOTH feet! :happydance:) and the improvements have been astonishing. I also didn't do any PT, and not an overly large amount of walking, mainly because my back and knee were so bad. Back's okish now; the knee is still horrible. I think you just need to be patient. Yes, the P-word... I said it. Coming from Little Miss Impatient herself. :friends:
 
@jaydub63 I spat my water reading that! :rotfl:

@Susan209 you give me hope, girl! Right now I'm too tired to be too impatient.....I haven't had a decent sleep all week...well, since I last posted I had a good sleep. Between this nagging upper thigh hip pain and then my lower abdominal pain all night, I've been only managing to doze all night. No amount of pain meds helps in the night...I'm so uncomfortable. Bleck. I'm gonna have a couple glasses of Vino tonight...that should knock me out for a few hours..that or get hubby to just club me over the head drag me back to his cave like a Neanderthal! hahahahhaha oy!

In other news, my daughter is in the Er getting babe looked over. Her fever has lessened but nows she's got a head to toe rash. Likely viral, but I told her of she's worried, just go on in.
Still cute even with a rash!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Oh no, poor baby! I remember one of my kids having that too. Kind of scary the first time they get sick when they're so small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom