TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay Its so good to hear from you and hear you are doing so good. In another year I hope you get ten times better than you are now. Take care and don't be a stranger. Tashia
Thanks Tashia! :)


Hi Bassplayer, good to hear from you and you do sound like things are better for you now than a few months ago. Keep up the great work.
Always nice to hear from you Margaret! Hope you are well! :)

I agree and I am impressed with how hard you have worked to gain some fitness too!! Not to mention a 30 lb weight loss---amazing. I am sure that it is easier to move without that 30 pound bag of potatoes on your body!!
Kelly, you are so right! I can't believe how much better and lighter I'm feeling! I'm now working on the next 30 lbs of potatoes! A bit tougher...

Hi Bassplayer, glad to see your update! It sounds like you are doing really well and enjoying the benefits of having had surgery! It's certainly easier to lose weight when you can move, as well. I think our second year will be even better!
Hi Janet! We've both had our 1st anniversaries now! Hooray! :) Yep, here's to the next one! :cheers:
 
Hi Bassplayer, there's still a few of us from "our time" still in touch on the forum, and its good to hear from you. I haven't been so active lately as I've been implementing new accounting client software so been focused on LinkedIn doing research there. I think I can get back on a bit more now. Always good to hear from you and how you're doing. Keep in touch.
 
Dropped by to say hello and Happy New Year (a bit belated...but still January :))!! Had my second anniversary in December for my first TKR.

I'm doing well, still a vegan. Last time I checked I could walk 2 kilometers without a problem. Both knees can be creaky a bit when I stand up. In fact, the main thing I wish I could do better is stand up from a low seat. I'd be happy to get input about how to improve that.

Words of encouragement for the new people who are recovering: It seems like it can take forever, but you will get to a point of not needing pain meds and having good flexion much sooner than you think! I could barely bend past 10 degrees after my RTKR in June 2012 and had to fight with the hospital staff and PT people not to come near me. Today I have excellent flexion and that is because I took it slow and gently stretched for a long time. I allowed NO FORCING BY ANYONE and that was very very important and key to getting more flexible. I do not know the actual number of how many degrees I have today but it really doesn't matter. Don't listen to anyone if they want you to do more than you feel like doing and don't worry if you can't bend much. And don't let anyone hurt you ever!

Would love to hear from those who had TKRs back when I did: Dec. 2011 and June 2012.
 
great to hear from you and that you're doing well!
 
Hey bassplayer x
Glad to hear things are going great with you. I too have good ROM on both knees now and have started wearing skinny jeans for the first time in about 12 years !:happydance:
I still get the old creaks now and again and the odd pain which annoys me more than worries me. I walk so much more now than I ever did and shopping is actually a joy and not something to get through as quickly as possible like it was before.
I am going to Rome next weekend as the last time I was out there was before both my ops and I could not walk around the Vatican or the Colleseum and I had to forego all that pleasure. So this time I aim to do as much sight seeing as I can.
Here's to a Happy New Year to you and both your knee's.:)

Much Love:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Bassplayer!!
Happy to hear how you are doing, you really had your "moments"!! My RTKR is doing great, no problems at all. Had my LTKR ,4/3/13, 10 weeks later, fractured my patella, stopped my recovery big time!! Finally had ORIF with pins and wire on 11/13/13. ROM is great in my left, thank god, it healed soooooooo much faster than my right one. Immobilizer came off 3 weeks ago, finally allowed to take a walk!!!!! Pins are causing some pain still, at least we hope that is what it is. I just want to go back to work!
 
Hi bassplayer,
Good to hear from you again - and that you are doing well!
 
Hi Bassplayer, there's still a few of us around from two years ago. Great to hear you're doing well, walking and have the ROM you need to live your life. I've struggled with quad lag which has now been proven to be femoral nerve damage and its now regenerating so very very slowly and I'm told could take a few years but its not stopping me going hiking so I'm happy.
 
Hi @bassplayer, I am so glad that you came back to stop by. I had even asked about you during our Bonesmart New Years Eve Party. I am very happy to hear that you are doing well. I had a revision since I talked to you last, December 2, 2013 so I am 6 weeks and 4 days post op. There is no comparison with the recovery from the first TKR, I am doing 100 times better!!! Come back more often, I've missed you :yes!:
 
Would love to hear from those who had TKRs back when I did
Well, hello, my dear, sounds like you have been living life. :SUNsmile:
I, too am living life but do some thing around here when I can to help the pre and post op TKR's.

Your advice and encouragement to the new knees is so important; they hit that "tired of recovery wall" after several months and it's good for them to hear that you do keep getting better.

Doing any fun things or have any vacation plans coming up this year?
And how goes the bass playing?
 
How nice to hear from you and to know you're doing well.

The only thing I can suggest to improve your ability to get up from lower chairs is to work on your leg strength. That would be squats, lunges (if you can do them without pain), and step-ups (or an elliptical machine). If your ROM is on the lower end of normal you also may need to do some exercises where you place your foot on a setp and bend into the knee to stretch into a greater ROM (if possible).
 
How nice to hear from you and to know you're doing well.

The only thing I can suggest to improve your ability to get up from lower chairs is to work on your leg strength. That would be squats, lunges (if you can do them without pain), and step-ups (or an elliptical machine). If your ROM is on the lower end of normal you also may need to do some exercises where you place your foot on a setp and bend into the knee to stretch into a greater ROM (if possible).

Thanks so much! I'll try those squats and lunges. And there is an elliptical in the gym at work so I'll give it a try. :)
 
Hi Bassplayer!!
Happy to hear how you are doing, you really had your "moments"!! My RTKR is doing great, no problems at all. Had my LTKR ,4/3/13, 10 weeks later, fractured my patella, stopped my recovery big time!! Finally had ORIF with pins and wire on 11/13/13. ROM is great in my left, thank god, it healed soooooooo much faster than my right one. Immobilizer came off 3 weeks ago, finally allowed to take a walk!!!!! Pins are causing some pain still, at least we hope that is what it is. I just want to go back to work!

Sounds so challenging! Glad you have been making progress lately. :)
 
Hi Bassplayer, there's still a few of us around from two years ago. Great to hear you're doing well, walking and have the ROM you need to live your life. I've struggled with quad lag which has now been proven to be femoral nerve damage and its now regenerating so very very slowly and I'm told could take a few years but its not stopping me going hiking so I'm happy.

Hi Margaret! Your hiking is amazing! I guess it's good that you finally found out what was going on with that quad issue. You go girl!!! :yay::thumb:
 
Hi @bassplayer, I am so glad that you came back to stop by. I had even asked about you during our Bonesmart New Years Eve Party. I am very happy to hear that you are doing well. I had a revision since I talked to you last, December 2, 2013 so I am 6 weeks and 4 days post op. There is no comparison with the recovery from the first TKR, I am doing 100 times better!!! Come back more often, I've missed you :yes!:

You are amazing Bonnie! Sorry I missed the New Year's Party! Here it's a regular work day...How is Dave?
 

Doing any fun things or have any vacation plans coming up this year?
And how goes the bass playing?

Great that you are so helpful here! :)

I'm soon traveling to NY to my family. And looking for a new band! Be well my friend! :cheers:
 
You are amazing Bonnie! Sorry I missed the New Year's Party! Here it's a regular work day...How is Dave?

Thanks for asking Bassplayer. Dave is doing well, no more emergencies...yet. He still has issues with his colon which they are trying to get healed with a combination of daily meds. If his colon would heal up, he could have surgery to remove the two bad areas. In the mean time we are keeping our fingers crossed that those two bad areas don't tear and we have a repeat of last time. We just keep taking turns taking care of each other!
 
Thanks for asking Bassplayer. Dave is doing well, no more emergencies...yet. He still has issues with his colon which they are trying to get healed with a combination of daily meds. If his colon would heal up, he could have surgery to remove the two bad areas. In the mean time we are keeping our fingers crossed that those two bad areas don't tear and we have a repeat of last time. We just keep taking turns taking care of each other!
Great - I will cross my fingers too! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom