TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

Sounds really, really good!!!
 
So glad for you that your hand surgery went well. Good job doing what needs doing!
 
Great to hear, Jean. You have done well. I know what you mean about stamina -- it's hard to find that sweet spot.

Roxie
 
Discharged from outpatient PT today. 0-110 on ROM for LTKR. Strength is good. Even my right knee improved some while it was here. Very pleased.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Hand is good. Still bruised, and I get my stitches out on Thursday. Only three of those. The toughest thing on the hand is to remember NOT to use it in a weight-bearing way to pull myself up or to lean on (as in climbing or descending stairs).
 
OGreat news re your ROM and positive PT update. Good to hear the hand is doing well too.
 
14 weeks post-op today. I had to scroll forever to find my thread. I'm done with outpatient PT. ROM was 110. I know it's likely to continue to improve, but my gut feel is I pretty much have what I have. I can live with that if that's what happens.

[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)


I think the knee looks pretty good. Tight band feeling is mostly gone. Light morning stiffness. I'm sitting in the truck typing this on the phone while my husband and a friend are "playing" with their toys (working on a metal lathe project at the friend's rented airplane hangar--he doesn't keep an airplane in it).

Sit to stand pain is down to the 1-2 level. I'm not sure why I still hesitate to stand like it's going to be a 5-6. The mind is a funny thing.

Stamina is returning but still could use improvement. I feel weak and tired more often than I'd like to. Oddly, I felt light-headed a couple of times over the last week, and that's never happened.

I had no trouble mowing the lawn in San Antonio with the push mower. I exercised caution on pivots. Trimming shrubbery was a problem for my recently operated upon hand. Even with modifying my grip on the pruners, I strained the hand a little. No serious damage, but I may have marred my surgeon's gorgeous closing of my incision. I hope he will forgive me.
[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

All-in-all, I'm pleased with where I am and anxious to get my other knee done when my schedule permits.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Jean, so glad to hear you're doing so well at week 14. I know it's a relief to have such a good result. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the other knee goes as well next spring!
 
Your knees look great! Don't know how long it will be before I look down and see two knees close to the same size. My right knee was swollen a long time before the surgery. But every now and then I am beginning to get a glimpse of what might just be a kneecap.

Oh, your poor hand. You are one tough lady.
 
Boy, those look just like my knees-scar is identical, too. Did you decide when to get your other knee done, Jean? I think I might go around April.. Don't think my right knee can last much longer. Congrats on your outcome... Wasn't it a piece of cake?
 
My plan (as long as the knee cooperates) is also April. The timing worked well for me this year, so I'll try to duplicate!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
And I always watch yours, sabbath.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Great update and your knee looks amazing. I'm still at the stage where I look at my misshapen lump and wonder if it will ever look like a knee again! This gives me great hope! Thank you.
 
I remember that stage all too well, Raffs. I was surprised when I started to see definition in the knee last week. Completely unexpected.
 
It sounds like you have good function--as you know, when you can mostly do what you want to do, that's more important than an arbitrary ROM number.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom