TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

Catching up after not being on the board much... Sounds like you are doing great! The pool is heaven, isn't it? I missed that weightless feeling.

Good luck on your carpal tunnel surgery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne , I'm finding it more challenging to spend time here staying caught up with everyone. Life is calling, and I need to spend time living it. You are already there with your return to work and family needs, so I completely understand. It's a good thing, but also a little frustrating to lose touch with our surgery buddies as we resume our lives.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
All went well with my OS today at my three month follow-up. He wanted x-rays of both knees. He came into the exam room and said (pointing to my left TKR knee), "That knee looks great.” Pointing to the right knee, he said, “That knee looks awful. Bone on bone, arthritis in all three compartments, bone spurs everywhere, and it probably hurts right here.” (Pointing to the lower medial side.) I had to agree with him on all counts. Then we talked mostly about my hand. What to expect, the risks, and how he would mitigate them.

I also laid out my plan for the right knee, assuming it continues to behave as it has been. See my primary care manager for my semi-annual visit in December, ask for the referral, meet with my OS in January, and schedule the April surgery then, taking care of the paperwork and just waiting for the date. If the knee begins misbehaving (especially locking up), I'll revisit the schedule. That all sounded good to him.

I forgot to ask him about riding my motorcycle, but I can do that at my six-month follow-up in October. I won't be ready to do anything with the motorcycle before then. I don't anticipate any problems, and he told me at my initial meeting with him that he doesn't place any limitations on his patients. He's the team physician for a motocross team and several other local sports teams.
 
Sounds like a great appointment, Jean. Good luck with the hand tomorrow and I'm glad you have a plan for th either knee.

And yay on the motorcycle too!

Roxie
 
LOL. I haven't fired the motorcycle up in ten years. Texas changed their inspection law, and before I renew my tags in January, I'll have to get it inspected, or they won't renew the tags. That means I need to do a few things to make sure the beast runs. Silly, Texas. I had several vehicles I wasn't taking on the road that I was keeping registration current on. They're going to lose money on this one. (Admittedly, not a lot, but I'm concerned about how they are handling military registrations for those on out of state assignments. I'm sure they have a protocol but am thankful I don't have to worry about it anymore.)
 
Glad your ltkr is recovering well, sounds as if your right knee will be following soon. Good luck with your hand surgery.
 
Hand is done. Husband finished errands then we went to lunch. Came home. Napped. Norco and ice are my friend this weekend.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Have a restful weekend and look after that hand. Your knee will appreciate the rest, too.
 
Glad to hear that the hand is done, have a great weekend.
 
good luck with the hand jean,,l see motorcycles in your post,,know how you feel about not riding,,l am a long haired motorcycle freak from my teen age years owning 3 of them and being told l would be ready for riding season this year at pre op.,,,lol,,you got guts,,l hope this knee surgery is my last for years to come,,,lol,,the way you handle your knee,hand will be a walk in the park
 
Thanks, everyone. I started taking Hydrocodone for the hand as soon as I came out of the surgery center (had a lot left over from the knee, so I didn't need to fill the prescription). It seemed to begin hurting at the five hour mark when I was scheduled to take it every six hours, but it's hanging in there -- unless I forget and use the hand to push off to stand up. Ow. Ow. Ow. I hope to return to my Tylenol regimen on Monday, but we'll see how it goes.

Last night and throughout the morning, I began feeling pricklies on my dead spot to the lower left of my TKR knee, so maybe I'm getting some nerve regeneration in there. Yippee!
 
I want to know if you got your bike started? Glad to hear hand is all fixed up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The glorious thirteen weeks. Less pain upon sit to stand. Around two or three. I still pause before standing, but I think it's more in fear of that awful pain than the little bit I'm getting now.

I think I'm getting some nerve regeneration in the dead spot on the lower outside of the knee. Interesting activity going on in that area. Hard to describe, but it's all good.

The Ace wrap is off my left hand. It's bruised and mildly sore, but stitches come out on Thursday, and I think it will be ready. I've had to be careful not to use it for support --THAT hurts.

Still low on stamina, but I'm beginning to think I'm being lazy.

Two more PT sessions, then I'll be working on my own until I do the other knee next year. I'm very pleased with how this has gone.



Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Back
Top Bottom