TKR POCTDB recovery thread

I’m very impressed with your post! I’m dreading my travels tomorrow!
 
I might add I did not even take the train to get closer to the gate I was rushing towards....
@FitGal
Take the camo cane.....even if you don’t use it. Look at it as an insurance policy
 
@FitGal how are you?

Thanks for checking in. I am following a few of you, but don’t post often. (@luvcats the brave one and @Steelergal the travelin’ one)

Life is normal again. I have not forgotten about the knee, but it is close. I still hesitate at curbs and hang on to stair rails. I am trying to break myself of both things. No icing, no drugs of any type.

Work is awful, only 2 8 hour days since I have been back...the rest are 10-12.
One project goes live Wednesday so I am hoping it will ease up by the end of October. I have been to the gym only twice since I have been back to work....it stinks. I am looking for another job but am going to be picky. Due to circumstances, I may get my preferred boss back shortly.

I have two PT visits scheduled but only for a final bunch of “What do I have to do for the rest of my life to make me stronger AND appease the other knee?” exercises. I do not care about the numbers any more.

Pickleball....I am playing..albeit poorly. I guess it is a good thing-eventually.

I find myself getting to the ball faster because I don’t have to compensate for Mr. Knee.....then I am out of position to hit it because I have overrun the ball.
So...in to the net it goes. :tantrum2:
I am playing with my regular group.
My best to you.....
 
:dancy: You’re doing just great! Congratulations!!
 
How annoying to get back to work only to be dropped head first into multiple projects that, from the hours, seem like they aren't where they needed to be. Best of luck getting your preferred boss back.

Everything else sounds very exciting though! I understand your hesitation at curbs. I've started intentionally stepping off them, but requiring Beloved to take my hand 'just in case'. He says I'm being silly and I'm barely even touching him as I step down. Be that as it may, I'll just keep being silly until I'm confident, thanks all the same!

Overrunning the ball because you're too fit seems like a pretty great -and temporary- problem to have!
 
@luvcats
My “Beloved” on curbs usually has a name like “red minivan” or “white truck”.
I grab the closest parked car. The car never I utilize usually says nothing. :heehee:

My stair hesitation is only on the 5 from the parking garage to the building. They are taller and steeper than standard height. (Building was built in the 50’s) I held the rails tightly enough before TKR that they were filing “Assault” charges for attempted strangulation. Now it is more like a really tight hug....
The wheelchair ramps are no problem...”Look Ma, no hands.”

To be fair, I knew all but one of these 4 projects were coming. The issues were “they” either did not pay PO and/or did not order the equipment needed which bunched the projects like grapes.... A last minute project was added when a software install mandated by corporate went horribly awry and rendered the previous process moot.
Overrunning the ball because you're too fit seems like a pretty great -and temporary- problem to have!
Wow....I wish “too fit” was the real reason...but no, just a matter of adjusting my new agility to my old ball striking muscle memory.
 
My “Beloved” on curbs usually has a name like “red minivan” or “white truck”.
I grab the closest parked car. The car never I utilize usually says nothing. :heehee:
@Poctdb - LOL!!! That is too hilarious!

So glad you are doing so well!!! Hoping to be the same in a few months!!!

BTW - I am still using wheelchair ramps instead of stairs :)
 
@FitGal
I did grab a parked car one time down a curb and set off the car alarm...I kind of slammed into the car door on the “grab” as my hands were full.

I moved with alacrity away from the car...as fast as Mr. Knee could scoot!

I can see the headlines....”post TKR patient tries to steal car...claims it is a crutch!”
 
My “Beloved” on curbs usually has a name like “red minivan” or “white truck”.
I grab the closest parked car. The car never I utilize usually says nothing. :heehee:
:rofsign:
I know 'red minivan' and 'white truck' very well. But at the moment I'm not allowed to leave the house without Beloved so I hate to stray right in front of him. lol
 
Thanks for checking in. I am following a few of you, but don’t post often. (@luvcats the brave one and @Steelergal the travelin’ one)

Well, I'm afraid the travel has given me quite a setback! I'm working through it and learning patience again! :bored:

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well (in spite of long work hours). You've given me a spark of hope that I'll be in a better place in another few weeks!
 
Better send it round to my place once you get Steelergal. I'm beset with cabin fever.
 
@luvcats
I always explained the TKR cabin fever as if it was akin to the scene in “Star Wars” where they were going to be crushed in the garbage compactor. The walls get closer and closer......
 
@luvcats
I am pretty sure the cheerleaders on the Bus might traumatize your kitties. They are VERY full of spirit...... quite loud....
 
Not only are the walls closing in, there might be something in here with me...lol
No kitties on the bus. Kitties are strictly homebodies and they do not care about patience. They only live in the now. I am a complete failure at following their example. No matter how hard I try I cannot sleep 18 hours a day.
 
@luvcats
Good quote from “Star Wars” and the garbage compactor scene....very good.
 
No matter how hard I try I cannot sleep 18 hours a day.
Sometimes I wish I was a cat, too,. Any sensible cat sleeps (or appears to be sleeping) whenever there's nothing interesting going on.

But no one expects you to sleep 18 hours a day, although you do need to rest a lot initially, to give your knee a chance to heal.
 
Back
Top Bottom