• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[TKR] POCTDB recovery thread

bfw7

Country
United States United States
@Poctdb...Sounds like you are getting along better than me. I am walking but still with a lot of pain and stiffness.

OP
OP
Poctdb

Poctdb

senior
Country
@bfw7

Good to hear from you..... I am sorry to hear you still have pain.

You are correct, for me life is pretty much back to norm. I have been very fortunate in this recovery.

OP
OP
Poctdb

Poctdb

senior
Country
Well....back in PT.....but not for the knee.
Back muscles are weak along with the core.
Part of what was wrong with my pickleball, I have come to find out....

Sigh.
Maintenance as you get older is time consuming. Another set of exercises to do.

rustic

Country
You aren't kidding about the "maintenance as you get older" thing! My core is weak too, and I'm always looking for new core/back exercises. I'd be interested in hearing more details about those. Do you have some favorites?

OP
OP
Poctdb

Poctdb

senior
Country
I will let you know @rustic. My PT is brand new....passed his boards 2 months ago. (27) He is adorable. I have taught he and his wife to play pickleball.

He says he goes to seminars...and thinks “I can try that exercise on Deanna so she won’t get bored....”

The biofeedback pressure cuff is at present my worst nemesis. I may have been born without those Transverse Abdominus muscles....swear!

Macknit

senior
Country
HA!!! :heehee: My PT said his wife, had never learned to engage her TAs and had to go through major rehab to help her with her back!! I guess it is a common problem for some of us!! I'm so glad you have a great PT...I do too and feel so blessed!

FitGal

Country
Would love for your PT to visit me out here in California....put him on the bus and hurry out here!!!

OP
OP
Poctdb

Poctdb

senior
Country
OS today..... no return visit for 6 months.

He will add the hip and back to the current PT treatment plan. His comment
“It would not surprise me if you were in PT for 6 months to a year. You are going to get one thing fixed and something else along the chain will break because your mechanics were so off. We will get it all fixed....before I do your RTK.”
“Yikes...who said anything about that?” I asked.
“Well, how does the right feel?” he asked. “Because this X-RAY shows the same thing that I told you on the left. Does your right knee act jealous?”

DRAT! He must have ESP..... Mr. Right acts the same as the other one did. No push on stairs especially.

So....we shall see. I would like to visit “The Job Store” but a two month break would be tough to sell to a new employer.

I told my OS he was one of the nicest surgeons I had ever dealt with and that I had sent him 5 people already.

He said “Thanks. One of my colleagues told me that I was a surgeon with the heart of a pediatrician.”

luvcats

post-grad
Country
You are going to get one thing fixed and something else along the chain will break because your mechanics were so off.
Yup, maintenance and repair. Once the warranty expires it's always something.

Beloved's cardiac surgeon, who did his quadrupal bypass, had such an excellent bedside manner I told a family member "He's got such a great presence, he could be a real doctor!" lol

It's such a gift to get a surgeon with a visibly compassionate manner.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Ppadilla
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom