THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You look so happy! That is exciting. Is it as bad as you thought it would be?
 
Not to worry. haha. I worry about every little thing.
Mostly dying on the operating table. ugh.....
I am so glad to hear you didn't sweat it at all, and you are walking around without any pain.
Woohoo! How great is that?!!!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Me2
Yup don't worry everything will work out just like it should I also wanted to mention I let the nurses know I want to get up and walk every 2 hours when they come in so I can get stronger and feel good when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
 
@Plumberbutt .........YIPPEE another hip bites the dust! Congratulations and thumps up to you, so glad for you, it will only get better from here on out, just take it one day at a time......take care and get some rest while you can. Keep us posted.
 
Thanks to all for such kind words. I didn't sleep much at all, I was wired on Dew. Just got back from a stroll, took my pain meds, had catheter removed, and got my own clothes on...ready for pt, and then on home!

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
 
I didn't sleep much my first night either, @Plumberbutt . Glad things are moving along for you! A few days from now you will be amazed at how you can move compared to today, I just know it. Warm thoughts for lots of rest and speedy recovery
 
@Plumberbutt Sounds like you are on your way to a great recovery!! I think sleep evades everyone that first night. Keep doing what you are doing and before you know it you'll be back to doing things you love!!
 
Well.....I just got home a bit ago. I got out about 8:40 and then had to go to pharmacy to get my meds. I stayed in the car and was waiting for my wife when after about an hour, I should have known not to turn my wife loose in Wal Mart with me waiting, I had to pee REALLY bad. I kept getting madder and madder thinking where in the world could she be?? Well, I got out my cane as I didn't want to go with the walker across the parking lot, and used my cane to go about 150'. I met her at the door and she couldn't believe what I was doing, but by that time I wasn't in the best humor and anger was running the show!! I did my business and walked back to the car with my cane!! I just can NOT believe how well this is going!! Now I am taking it easy as I'm sure I'll hit the wall if I keep that much activity up. I am on dillaudid, 1 or 2-2mg pills every 4 hours, along with a whole other concoction of meds. The hip is swollen a bit, so as soon as I got home, elevate-ice-rest. I've got this thing under control and DARN happy about it!! It is just amazing knowing that the surgery is major, but the docs today really know what they are doing!! The nurses were just awesome too...the whole process was unbelievably awesome!! For those whose surgery is coming up....trust your surgery team..they do know what they are doing and will take great care of you. I ended up walking about 5 times through the night and then did my PT this morning. If anyone has any questions, give me a shout and I will be happy to help you any way I can.

Thank you again.....ALL of YOU.....for all the kind and thoughtful words you have sent my way...along with those who have went before me and let us know how it went....it really eased my mind.
 
WOW! That is awesome! I am so happy for you!!!! Very encouraging to see how well you are doing. :)

Also, that is funny about the Wal Mart trip. I imagine your strong will and positive attitude are going to help a great deal in your recovery! Your wife must have been shocked to see you there at the entrance to Wal Mart. HA HA HA. I imagined you in a hospital gown as I was reading that and laughed out loud!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom