PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

I’ve found that a lot of our recovery lies with our mental outlook. If we are overly worried and fearful, then the worse tends to come true. If you stay positive and optimistic, accepting the minor setbacks as just that, in the end you come out well ahead of your best expectations!

Yes! I believe this also. :SUNsmile: A relaxed approach to recovery can do wonders! I love reading your updates, probably because they're so honest and positive. Yes, there's a replaced knee to deal with, but... life gets lived, if you get my drift. :yes!: You're recovering AND having fun!
 
@NavyGunns, @Nick-UK you guys are sooo right and I'm going to take your advice. I have a hard time letting other people do for me and plus the hard head, but I'm going to try to rest and relax after my big day. I told my fiance' if I start to hurt or get tired he might have to take me home, but we will play it by ear. You guys are awesome and your advice is spot on....:yes:
 
By the way, @NavyGunns you are going to have an awesome day at your tournament, I predict a perfect game!!!!
 
What were your bowling scores?
 
@Jockette, we don’t want to go there!:bawl:. I’ll proba get an award for lowest score ever based on my second game! If my scores are reasonable today, maybe I’ll post them. The conditions at the USBC Open are tough. I’ve never scored anywhere near my league average which is 214. I never come with high expectations, hopeful, but not expecting much. Helps to keep the disappointment in check.

Lucky for me, everyone with me blames my knee for the bad second game but that wasn’t the issue. Wish it had been.
 
@Doupie, thanks for the encouragement! I’ll keep remembering that. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some acceptable scores this afternoon.

BTW, nothing wrong with using your knee as an excuse for leaving early with your new hubby (if you get my drift :whistle: :heehee:)!
 
Your average is 214?! :wowspring:

I can only imagine what you consider a bad game!

My highest ever was a 182, with 5 strikes in a row. Beginner’s luck 2 years ago. After that and before my surgery my average was 121. This past year, after surgery was 107.

Thankfully, I go for the fun! :spin:
 
I really enjoy your posts and the pics of your hike are amazing. I really want to go on a hike later this summer, probably in Yosemite. I’m at 8 weeks and can’t quite imagine it yet but that’s my goal. Seeing that you’ve done it gives me hope. I like what someone said to you about living life while recovering. I’m ready for that. Been to easy to stay comfy in my house but need to start getting out more. I did step off a curb yesterday and without thinking I did it facing forward, none of that turn sideways and step off sideways thing I used to do. That was awesome. It’s the little things, right? LOL. Anyway, thanks for posting your activities. So glad you are able to do to all that.
 
I’ve found that a lot of our recovery lies with our mental outlook. If we are overly worried and fearful, then the worse tends to come true. If you stay positive and optimistic, accepting the minor setbacks as just that, in the end you come out well ahead of your best expectations!

Hi @NavyGunns! Interesting name :) I totally agree with you statement above about staying positive. Beautiful pictures of Watkins Glen. Nice to see there is more than the race track there...LOL I hope your bowling finished up well or that you at least enjoyed yourself.
 
@PegGar16, love Watkins Glen! Grew up less than 20 miles from there. Lots of good times both at the glen and race track!

I like my “name” also:). My son served in the Navy and I work for a defense company that designs and builds the large guns and missle launchers on naval ships. So I combined the two.

Regardless of how well I do, I always enjoy myself.
 
My new knee survived the tournament and didn’t give me much grief about it which is good. Scores? That’s another issue:beg:. Did achieve one goal of scoring at least one 200 game. The others aren’t worth talking about:bawl:. Don’t have to think about it anymore till Fall :). Looking forward to golfing the rest of summer :loveshwr:.

Everyone have a great weekend and be well.
 
I’m sure I would be thrilled to have your scores that aren’t worth talking about!

That’s great that your knee didn’t give you much grief. You bowled about a month earlier than I did.

I wish my knee at 15 months was as good as yours at less than 3.
 
Vacation is over! Now I get to test my knee by putting up a new 18’ pool for my granddaughters. The old one (14’) developed a leak that couldn’t be fixed. Because of the larger size, I have to do some ground work to level things out. Such fun!

No rest for the weary. :tiredwheel:
 
Let us know how that goes. It sounds like quite a project! :oyvey:
 
Just for @SusieShoes, day 1 is over. My knee appears to have survived (not sure I can same the same for the rest of my body or my patience):bored::hairpulling:. Half the day spent leveling the ground, the rest spent putting the frame together. No water in it yet, still work to do. Gave no thought to my knee all day and had no pain the entire time except when I went to kneel on my knee. Quick reminder who’s boss!

Pics show progress so far.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] PKR Success - 1 yr out.
    AFC5E1D2-FB00-43DD-9AA4-07D34DBFE616.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 341
  • [Bonesmart.org] PKR Success - 1 yr out.
    F17715D9-2830-4FFE-B296-49594F52200B.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 356
Shoot, you live too far away for me to come jump in it! With this awful heat spell a pool would feel great! Your new knee is a champ! Don't feel bad, I still can't kneel on my knees!
 
@sistersinhim, believe me I so wished there was water in that pool after today! Despite several heat and hydration breaks, I still lost 5lbs in water weight! Temps were upper 80s to low 90s with high humidity.

I’m really amazed at how my knee feels (or doesn’t feel) after today. I see no signs of swelling and essentially no pain at all. I am expecting some stiffness come morning, but experience that every morning, even before surgery.

I feel very blessed to be doing so well at this point (today is 11 weeks post op). I credit my amazing OS for his skill, but also have to give credit to God for my own healing process. I went through two major abdominal surgeries less than 6 months apart two years ago and fully recovered from them within 3 - 4 months. Was fully back to normal within less than a year. I firmly believe that my faith and positive outlook (along with prayers from many friends and family) do wonders for helping the body heal.
 
I firmly believe that my faith and positive outlook (along with prayers from many friends and family) do wonders for helping the body heal.
I am right there with you! I've no doubt that prayer works! We might not get what we pray for, but we do get what's best for us!

I'm surprised it gets so hot in Michigan. Down here in Virginia we get all kinds of temperature swings. The humidity treats my arthritis awful, even my new knee. You are doing amazingly! Your recovery is an inspiration to those coming up behind you!
 
Last edited:
The upper Great Lakes states get hot! Of course this summer everywhere seems to be hot.

You and you grands are going to be so happy to have that pool. Your knee really is in rock star status. Just keep being smart about pacing your activity and it will keep doing well.

Starting out the way by pacing your recovery is really paying off. :)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom