Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Day 12: Good (?) morning Smarties! Mine certainly can't be classified as such but I knew what was coming after that awful visit with the PT Banshee yesterday. If I had to guess my ROM today, I'd say it went from roughly 85 degrees to roughly 60 degrees , all due to massive swellling and pain. As you can well imagine, I am one with the ice and the pillows; aarrrghh! Last night, I took double Oxy every four hours and....it didn't help. I found no difference between 5mg and 10 mg, so shall stick with 5mg. It only made my eyes heavy; pffft! Not heavy enough to actually sleep though.:hairpulling: No, it was and still is throb city here. I did have a 1.5 hour nap this morning so perhaps that will ward off the crankiness a bit. Ok, enough complaining from the Pain Camp! Maybe someone here has some good stories to share today?
 
Hopefully a quiet day giving lots of love to your knee will be all you need to put that awful PT in the past!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne, it's as quiet as a morgue here today. I'm almost welded to the sofa and my ice, but do get up occasionally for the P-Factor. Even the two dogs are very low-key today!:doggie:
 
It's amazing how our pets seem to know when we're feeling bad and behave themselves for us. I was afraid you would pay for that pt's push last night and today. You can understand why we harp on not letting anyone touch your knees. It is so not worth it. It gains you nothing, just adds to pain and swelling and decreases ROM. Be sure to let them know what he did to you. He should NOT get away with it. I wish you could send you pain over to him. He deserves it not you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the ice helps tame your swelling. Ice helps my knees more than anything else does.

I'm visiting this week for Family Saturday. The trip up went well, so that's good news! Right now I'm in a recliner and icing after sitting up and being social for a couple of hours. Ice is my current best friend!

Sending healing thoughts toward you in B-town.
 
I'm sorry you're still feeling the effects of the PT. I never understand how they can think pushing on a new TKR is productive.
 
@Pheebs52, you asked for a good story, so here's a cute one. hubby has been taking our 1-1/2 irish setter (liam) to the office every day so i wouldn't have to let him outside as he's quite rambunctious and excitable. he's been pretty good but tends to get into the garbage cans, pulling out paper, etc. one day he got out of the office and wandered down to the dentist office ~ they loved him and came back to hubby's office for more dog petting. they got a new employee recently and she left her office door open. when she came back, one of her high heel closed toe shoes was now an "open toe" shoe. apparently she said "good thing i wasn't wearing my pradas ~ they cost $800." so our pup owes this young lady a new pair of shoes! p.s. i've had 4 pairs of glasses since getting this pup; yes he destroyed 3 of them. good thing he's sweet and cute...lol!:dogsniff:

feel better after that nasty physio experience ~ you'll do better next time. sorry that happened to you.
 
This isn't quite a story, but my 5 yr old is running around in a baseball hat and NOTHING ELSE, playing air guitar.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Now, I'd like to be able to do that in this heat! Of course, the neighbors would scream in horror!
 
What great stories for me to wake-up to! I love the visions of the wild Irish Setter pup and the shoe (lifelong dog owner here) and the future *Guitar God* in his Birthday Suit and baseball cap, lol!
Susie, I'm so glad your trip and visit have been a success; woot! My ice and I are inseparable today.:cheers:

Liam2015, when my Pug was a pup, he ate 3 pair of reading glasses and my very expensive hearing aids! Now, at the age of 10, he's a very mellow-fellow! It's not as if he didn't have appropriate toys; hahaha!

Sistersinhim, the PT Banshee is fired, so she won't be pushing her agenda here anymore.:SUNsmile: Our pets do seem to instinctively know when something is wrong. Both have been extremely protective of me and my knee. They follow me everywhere, even during my nocturnal journeys. The terrier will often wake my husband just to let him know I've left the room. I wish she wouldn't, but I do appreciate her concern, lol.

Jaschembra, I had the best nap this afternoon so your wish for me came true!

KarriB, I find it hard to believe that anyone benefits from this kind of PT....how is that possible? It's really beyond me that this could work for anyone and it seems so contrary to common sense. It's clear to me today that my IT Band and hamstrings took most of the punishment from what we did yesterday, most likely because my muscles and knee just aren't ready, so something had to takeover. My shin isn't feeling too spiffy either, but I suspect I will have a better day tomorrow. How could I not?
 
I hope your day tomorrow is much better than today was.
 
I am sorry you had a rough day, but SO glad you fired that PT. How awful! I hope you can get some sleep tonight and that the icing and rest helped today.

And thank you for asking about the stories... they made me smile!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@keefsmom, well....will you still like me if I am? LOL, I'm actually not much of a sports fan at all, but do get excited when they are on a winning streak once every 30 years or so.:heehee:

Weren't those great stories @ IowaNana? They really did make me and probably others smile! I can tell I am on the mend tonight; phew! Rough 24 hours saved by RICE! I know I'll sleep tonight for at least 4 hours, hah!
 
Day 13: Today, I feel *Lucky*! I went into a deep, coma-like sleep in the man-chair recliner at around midnight armed with ice and 39 pillows, and didn't wake until 5:30! That's the most solid, post-op sleep I've had to date. I think it shows just how exhausting pain can be; pffft! Happily, I am so much better today than yesterday. Not quite up to pre-Banshee visit standards, but almost. I 'll take it! :happydance:
 
Since I didn't hear back from you right away I assumed you are a Red Sox fan and willed them to win for you last night (and also maybe a tiny bit for my husband who was at the game in a Baltimore) and, of course it worked! Pretty sure it helped you sleep too :yes!:

I was blessed with an awesome nights sleep too didn't wake up to pee or take pain meds! Outlook so much brighter after a good nights sleep! Have a beautiful day bonesmarties!
 
@keefsmom, lol! Boston fans are rather a fair-weather group. We like them when they're winning but....that doesn't happen often!

I think we really enjoy complaining about them when the lose; hah!

I think the 'tude is weather related. Basically, we have awful weather, and to cope, we enjoy complaining about it. Complaining is almost an art form in New England, but we're not actually a bunch of grumps, it's all in jest.

Wow! The sleep mojo really worked well for you; yahoo! The PTSD bladder was what woke me eventually, but that beats the heck out of the leg!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom