TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@liam2015, you've sussed me out. I do have Canadian relatives, fairly close ones. My grandmother's sister was a pioneer type of settler in Saskatchewan, complete with wolves howling at the back door. They had a large farm and she had a large family, who in turn had many children. So, some of my genetic material is in your prairie. I'm sorry, lol!
 
@Pheebs52, I'm sorry sorry you woke up to a no good rotten day! I haven't been on here today because I woke up to a spinning room, but not spinning in a good way. I've hibernated in bed all day and missed what was going on with you. You got some really great responses with good things to ponder. You are one of the most optimistic and upbeat smarties on here! It's okay to take a break. This is a hard journey to be on and one of the difficult things it it seems to change, sometimes day by day. I'm glad you got out for a bit with a friend today. Let us support and hug on you for now!!:friends::roseshwr:
 
(((Pheebs))) I wish I could give you the biggest hug. It is natural to feel down when we look at this recovery as a whole. It can be truly overwhelming as it seems to stretch out to infinity. Take the time to do something special like you did today to help combate your worries. Always know that we are here and understand what you are saying and how you feel. I have been at that abyss and coming here has made a huge difference in turning my outlook toward a positive direction. :console2:
 
@Pheebs52 - I am sorry you had a rough day. They happen, without a doubt, and sometimes - it makes no sense. I have come to accept that these moments are just part of the recovery process. (Well.. accept as much as I can, while mentally stomping my feet and having a temper tantrum)

Hang in there, and I hope tomorrow is a better day!




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I bet you slept on your knee wrong last night and that's why you woke up in so much pain. Tomorrow will be a better day for you, I'm sure!
 
Thanks Smarties, you're all the best and truly, the only ones who understand. All hugs most gratefully accepted. :yes:I'm very tired today for reasons unknown, so I think that plays into it as well. I don't feel as if I did anything extraordinary yesterday to make me so tired, but...I am. My best friend's 95 year old Mom probably has more energy than me tonight. So, I guess there are just times when nothing makes sense and we just hang on and go with the flow.
 
It wasn't so much painful per se, as it was stiff and swollen. Aaarggh!I know, I know, stiffness is a form of pain, but you know what I mean. Nothing sharp, just stiff as a brick with *oogie* flu-like sensation inside. How's that for not making sense? pretty good, right?

I *think* my dead-zone area is beginning to come alive, just a bit, and only in limited places, but is most likely contributing to the odd sensations I've been feeling. I also seem to have lost a bit more of that dreadful, tight band, tourniquet sensation, which, of course, is a plus, but again, it's making everything feel odd now. Things feel somewhat loose and wobbly/messy in there. It's all very odd, like my head tonight!
 
Sheesh, how many times can I say odd in one paragraph? Waaay too many.
 
There are days when the energy just flags, like body and mind both go limp and you're just flesh hanging on a rack of bones. "Enough," you say. Just let the day end. And it does. Usually the next day is better. I hope tomorrow is a better one. This ennui is almost certainly part of the energy drain of surgery, coupled with the tedium of a long recovery. It strikes the best of us. :sorry:
 
sending hugs.:console2: maybe a little doggie therapy will help. :puppysmooze:i look forward to hearing from you tomorrow. going to watch the news and then my recorded y&r (my nighttime routine) since hubby has retired to the boudoir. have a good sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.
 
A week ago, probably because I lifted something too heavy?? I had a very bad pain. Two days passed and then it was mostly ok and then BAM
it got as you well described the very stiff /sausage about to burst / surrounded by a cement infused ace bandage feeling again. It felt like I was back at week 2 again. I worried. When I moved my knee sideways to put on to take off a slipper the whole implant was wobbling inside eeek.
We're asking ourselves how much longer can we take this. Hm?
But! ( there's always a but) pre op I was also asking myself "how much longer can I take this pain.!?"
DH has to remind me about this almost daily.
Here's to many many better days. Hugs.
 
Excellent point VW54! Before the surgery, I was indeed asking myself how much longer can I take this? I think I probably just need to realize the knee will go through many strange and some good permutations over the next year before it reaches that blissful state we all think of as *normal.* Right now, despite not being exactly painful, it's just so far from feeling like a *normal* knee. Though unintentional, having just woke-up in that mindset, it was a mistake for me to look out at that vast amount of recovery time ahead. I need to keep my view much closer; a day, to a week, tops. If nothing else, every day does seem to be different, right?
 
Well Smarties, this morning IS an improvement over yesterday, though not quite back to my usual self. That's ok, I'll take the improvement and hope it will continue as the day progresses.:fingersx: I do have a busy day on tap with PT at 11:00 followed by about 3 errands that require a bit more driving than usual. Perhaps just being behind the wheel of the comfy, Geri-car and blasting some tunes from the past will work some magic.

VW54, I did tune into those 174 hz sounds on YouTube and found some others that were more pleasing to my ears. They all seem to claim restful, calming, and pain relieving attributes and all I can say is I did sleep well last night. :smile2:
 
@Pheebs52 I'm just catching up with your thread and am glad you've wakened to a somewhat brighter mood (if not a brighter day--if it's rainy there in Boston as it is out here in W. Mass.)
 
Thanks Gertie! It is a drizzly, gray morning, but that's ok. At least it's fairly cool, eh?

Off to the shower for some massaging spray; whoohoo!
 
I get such a kick out of you and that Geri-Car. Hey, a battle tank can be useful in our situations.

I'm not sure when that normal knee feeling kicks in. I sure haven't reached that point. They feel like my knees, but my stiff, not-there-yet knees. Seeing as they are better knees than the ones I took into surgery, I'm happy enough. But normal, they don't feel like that yet. I suspect that's one of the last things to happen. :bigfish:
 
SusieShoes, a tank could be very handy around here and in Philly as well! Many, many moons ago, I was in a head-on collision while driving a beloved VW Beetle that folded like an accordian. I'm lucky to be alive, so that was the end of my love affair with small cars.

When we decided my ortho problems required a limo, we test drove roughly at least 20 different cars. Only two makes worked for my problems and aesthetic sense; hah! The other car was a lovely Audi, but had too many miles on it, so we went with the Lincoln MKX. I actually wish it were an older, even bigger model, lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom