Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pecanpie's recovery thread<

@Pecanpie I'm also sorry to hear about your dad, especially with tomorrow being Father's Day. :sad: My mom passed away a few months before my knee replacement, and that made the recovery even harder mentally, as I missed her horribly. I'll be thinking about you.

--Lisa
 
I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you upgrade continues to make your life better.
 
April 21..... 20 months post operation
My new knee continues to surprise me, gets stronger all the time, but as I've read from so many others....my 'good' knee that coped with the strain of the bad knee for some 20 years is now grumbling like mad....along with its associate my left hip
Occasionally my new knee gets a bit puffy....but then I realise it's because I've been digging the garden followed by 2 hours standing up a ladder with a paintbrush!! I really need to cut it some slack
I have carried on with my pilates classes twice a week via zoom...but my biggest issue is still getting up off the floor
No-one tells you that kneeling is literally impossible! But it's amazing how you can find other ways of managing and perseverance is key
I would definitely say that the knee continues to improve, small changes but improvements all the same. And all those nights of not being able to turn in bed, counting the hours to next painkillers and thinking it would never bend again are a very distant memory
Definitely worth it
 
A little over two years past TKR I don't even think about kneeling on the replaced knee anymore. I actually find myself now kneeling on it first as i did for probably 50 of my 61 years. The best is yet to come!:flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom