TKR Patience not my virtue

At the pumpkin patch and giant corn maze with the littles today. Knees are holding up well as we traverse the uneven ground to the petting zoo and play area. Have decided to forego the maze. I will sit and drink my coffee while the rest of them go in. I don't want to jinx my steady recovery these days by tripping on roots and corn stalks! Saving myself for choosing pumpkins!
 
Good idea: save yourself for the best moments! Drinking coffee at a pumpkin patch sounds wonderful. I hope you have sun and warmth, a crisp blue sky, and those great fall smells.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue [Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue
Nellie survived beautifully! Hopefully no repercussions tonight!
 
Despite my best efforts yesterday to protect against injury or visiting the ODIC, today I have pain in my lower back and right hip. I don't think I limped at all at the pumpkin patch but who knows? Looks like today will be a down and ice day.
 
Sorry to hear you are having a few repercussions from what looked like a gorgeous day at the Pumpkin patch. Hopefully a little more rest today will sort things out.:ice:
 
Oh, man! Isn't that the way things go? I'm sorry for your pain today, but so glad for your memory-making experience yesterday. As we go along this recovery journey, sometimes we have to decide to participate in the things that make life worth living. Hopefully yesterday was worth today's discomfort. If the weather is nice, maybe you can ice and elevate in the yard with a good book - if it's chilly, maybe take that book to the recliner or put in a good movie while you ice and elevate. The pumpkin patch pictures show that yesterday was fun.
 
Maybe it was due to some uneven ground you walked on. Hopefully resting today can fix it.

We can't avoid everything until we are fully healed, and if the price we pay is small, then I think it's worth the occasional activity that may be a bit more than we can handle. The price at each activity will dictate what we try in the future.

And we need fun, pick me up outings, too.

And, great pictures!
 
I'm so glad Nellie did well. I love the pictures, thanks for sharing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no, I didn't see your later post. I'm sorry you are experiencing pain now. I know that is frustrating. So many times it was my back that hurt worse than my knee. I hope you feel better soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Gosh, it's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back, isn't it? I loved your photos of the pumpkin patch outing.

My husband was working on setting out some experiments with his students and was gone all day yesterday. After I read that you were going on your outing, I decided to drive up to one of our local cider mills. It wasn't the same as having some children with me, but it was fun to walk around and watch other people's children having a blast climbing hay bales, riding in the little train, jumping on the bouncy pillow, etc. I bought donuts, apples, and a raspberry pie. So thank you for the idea. I got some walking in, including several sets of steps, and I stood in two lines for about 15 minutes each time (a victory!). I'm not too sore today, but I surely had trouble sleeping last night.
 
A day of rest never hurt anyone! Feeling much better this afternoon after staying in the prone position most of today. I took some ex strength Tylenol, some ice and heat for my back and hip. And to top it off, because the family came back here for Sunday dinner on Saturday after the pumpkin patch......dinner tonight is merely a reheat! Yay!
 
@Polkadot - glad I could be an inspiration! It was a crisp blue sky day, cooler than it has been but lovely for fall. Nice to come home to a cozy fire and a good glass of Rioja!
Cider mill sounds great! Getting out and about is such a pick me up!
 
What good are knee replacements if you can't get out and about once in a while? You took precautions against the more hazardous maze and got to enjoy this special occasion. Your pictures are great!
 
@kmak81230 Hey Kathleen! Has it started snowing yet at 7700'? I see that the Canadian west is expecting some snow in the mountains ( after an unusually scorching summer!) Here we had a cool wet summer and since September the weather has been dry and in the 80's. Finally we are getting some more fall like weather. I don't think Nellie likes the cold at all!
 
We have not yet had snow at 7700' but there has been snow 3-4 times in the past week above about 9000' My knee also does not seem to like this unsettled weather. I'm hoping we'll still have some warm, sunny weather before winter comes.
 
those are lovely pics ~ cute decorations on your porch. which pumpkin patch did you go to? haven't we been having the most gorgeous autumn these last few days and another good week coming, except for a bit of rain. glad that you recovered from your outing ~ that's a good sign.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom