Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

I don't want to get away. My home, husband, and dog are my safe place. Yes, overwhelmed to say the least.
I understand this, also. Later on I realized what I really needed was for someone to take my husband out so I could just be alone in my home for a little while. But when my husband was the worst, we were in that lockdown of 2020, so no one could come visit and/or take him out, and it was too hard for him to go out, anyway.
 
You're dealing with a lot and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry you're feeling defeated, Cementless. Try viewing the extra help as an opportunity for you to remain strong enough to be there long term, without facing burnout, which seems to be the way you're feeling right now. What about trying the home care on a very limited schedule…like once a week for an hour or two, just to see how you feel about it? You may be pleasantly surprised and even begin to look forward to these visits. Something to consider...
Sending a hug. :console2:
@Cementless
 
Can you get out on a porch or deck at your home for a few minutes to get away and breathe some fresh air?

We brought in help after my hip replacement for 2 weeks, I don't know what we would have done with out that help in the early days.
Or maybe you can have your housekeeper in more often to help with household chores so your energy can go to other things.

Sorry you are having such a rough time right now, I hope the new surgeon can give you a clearer picture about your tibia condyle fracture.
 
Last edited:
I will try to explain what I meant by my comment - you won't pay your long term care premium when receiving those services. Most people pay their premiums on a monthly basis. If you are using services from your long term care policy (someone coming into the house, for example) you stop paying your premiums because your receiving services.

I hope that helps. Its rather difficult to explain and understand.

I am sorry you've go so much on your plate.
 
Ok, saw the orthopedic surgeon that deals only with trauma and reconstructive surgeries. Tibial fractures are his # 1 expertise.
He was excellent!!! I have what is called a "closed tibial fracture." I am now in a long leg hinged brace, 0 degrees most of the time. Not supposed to put any weight on the tibia for 3 MONTHS!!!
Lucked out, no surgery necessary. I had to have the brace customized because I am short, 5' 2 1/2". I found a more comfortable brace on Amazon that came this morning. Alternating the two. More details later. My friends, neighbor, and maid are coming through for me. It takes some of the pressure off.
He gave me an order for a lightweight wheelchair. It should be here this week. I am going to let my husband use it, as he is going downhill.
 
More details later of the doctor's visit.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    20250806_090157.webp
    143 KB · Views: 37
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    20250804_151112.webp
    137.4 KB · Views: 45
Great news that you don't need surgery, @Cementless! While 3 months of non-weight bearing will be challenging, you can do it. I'm glad to read that your friends and neighbors are coming through for you.

What a difference between those two braces. Are you using the bigger one during the day and the smaller one at night?

Glad you were able to order the wheelchair for your husband.
 
My friends, neighbor, and maid are coming through for me. It takes some of the pressure off.
I’m glad you have help!

I’m glad you liked the doctor. Which brace is the Amazon one, the smaller one?
 
Glad to hear you do not need surgery, and your neighbor, friends and Maid are helping the two of you.
 
Hi Cementless,
Three months is a long time and I'm sure the thought feels overwhelming, but thankfully no surgery is necessary!
That's a positive and a break (no pun intended :wink:) that is well deserved considering all you're dealing with in life currently. It's been a lot.:console2:

Happy to know that you like the surgeon also, which makes it easier to have confidence in his diagnosis and plan to resolve the issue. Great news that your loving friends, housekeeper and neighbors are coming through for you. Sounds like things are falling into place and thankfully reducing some of the pressure you were feeling.
Wishing you comfort and peace. :friends:
@Cementless
 
This is good news….no surgery! I know you’re happy about that. And bless your support network for stepping up to help for a bit. You’ll get through this.

I hope your husband likes the lightweight wheelchair. My hubby who swore he’d never use a wheelchair with any regularity actually loved his. It doesn’t feel as much like a wheelchair and moves more easily. It enabled us to do many more things together during his last year or so.
 
Hi Cementless,
Wondering how it's going for you? Hopefully you're getting used to the weight bearing restriction and establishing a routine that will work for you over the next several months. Keep in touch when you have time. We're here for you.
I hope you have a pleasant week. :thumb:
@Cementless
 
Thanks for thinking of me! I have not been following the weight bearing restrictions nor wearing the hinged leg brace. I just can't and take care of my husband too. The pain is almost completely gone. I rarely take Tylenol. My leg does swell if I am up on it too much. I use my walker and put most of my weight on the other leg (which feels like it has shin splints). I also, wear a support knee sleeve on both legs.
My husband is declining and has been in AFIB since 8 pm last night. I am monitoring him closely.
I take our dog out using my cane and try not to put a lot of weight on the right leg.
 
This is good news….no surgery! I know you’re happy about that. And bless your support network for stepping up to help for a bit. You’ll get through this.

I hope your husband likes the lightweight wheelchair. My hubby who swore he’d never use a wheelchair with any regularity actually loved his. It doesn’t feel as much like a wheelchair and moves more easily. It enabled us to do many more things together during his last year or so.
Jamie, I never got the lightweight wheelchair! I finally purchased an electric wheelchair from Walmart for my husband. He likes it when he uses it. I have not figured out how to use it yet.
My husband has been in AFIB since 8 pm last night and I am monitoring him.
 
My heart goes put to you in all you're dealing with. I'm so sorry. :console2:
Prayers for strength and moments of peace for both you and your husband as you move through this day and week.
God Bless :prayer:
@Cementless
 
The motorized wheelchair sounds like a great option for you both. I’m glad your husband likes using it. That’s half the battle when trying to restore some mobility for a person.

I am sorry he’s having Afib problems, though. Have you been in contact with his doctors about it? If he’s not on a blood thinner such as Eliquis, he probably should be to prevent the formation of a clot. There is a risk for stroke with Afib.
 
I am so sorry to read that you and your husband are going through all of this. You both are in my prayers.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom