Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

Good for you. I’m glad to hear you have a plan in place for your care if needed. The only downside is that long term care doesn’t usually cover short term assistance needs like you might require if you are recovering from surgery. I don’t know how it is where you live, but in my city, there are assisted living facilities that can be done on a short term rental basis so that at least your basics of food, home chores and some medical assistance would be covered for you both. That might be out of sight financially, though.
 
The thought of leaving our home would be terrible. We also have a very protective doggie that would not understand.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    20250725_202919.webp
    144.5 KB · Views: 37
Awww….sweet pup. Hang in there. Sam
 
So sweet! Look at your furry friend snoozing away under the blankie.
I hope everything works out in the best interest of all involved, even doggie.
Hugs
@Cementless
 
I'm praying for an easy solution for you and your husband. One thing that might help you is having your groceries delivered. This has been a huge blessing for me when I was down. I do give a 10% tip, but to me, the service is well worth it!
 
Patient Name: J W MRI R KNEE
Date of Service: 07/30/2025
2
There is adequate alignment of the patella. There is mild grade 3 and grade 4
chondromalacia of the patella. The patellar tendon, and quadriceps insertion
are intact.
OSSEOUS STRUCTURES:
No fractures or destructive osseous lesions are detected. Marrow signal is
unremarkable.
OTHER:
A small joint effusion is present. There is a small Baker's cyst.
IMPRESSION:
1. Incomplete fracture medial tibial condyle.
2. Medial and lateral meniscal tears.
Electronically Signed: James Cain, MD on 07-31-2025, 11:59 AM
 
That's annoying, but not unusual -- medical offices are so overloaded these days that things can slip through the cracks if you aren't a little bit of a pest. I'd call and request a callback for your doctor!
 
I sent both of them the MRI report.
At this point, I really don't want to do anything except RICE and pain pills. It's calming down some.
 
Well, I am a little concerned. My favorite orthopedic surgeon is passing me off to an Orthopedic surgeon that deals in complicated breaks, reconstructive type surgery. They are concerned the incomplete fracture may not heal appropriately. They seem to think it is an urgent matter. I know they are covering themselves. My R. knee is feeling somewhat better than when I first posted here. I have been using a walker to keep pressure off it. Doing the RICE routine. I can go 6-8-11 hrs. without pain meds, although I still take Tramadol 25/50 with 2 ES Tylenol PRN plus Celebrex 200 mg once a day.
Any thoughts from my BoneSmart family?
 
I’m really sorry you’re going through this, especially at this time when your husband needs you so much. But if it is indeed an urgent matter, then it probably won’t resolve on its own. :console2:
 
They really don't know if it is "urgent", I think they are covering themselves. I felt it was urgent a couple of weeks ago!!!!
 
I think you need to respect the diagnosis and at least see this other doctor. While you feel they may be “covering themselves,” I believe your surgeon is looking out for you based on what he’s seeing. You don’t want to risk a fracture that doesn’t heal properly. That could give you problems for the rest of your life.

You’re taking things easy and getting good results from it. That’s a good thing and what will likely keep things from worsening right now. But you have no way of knowing whether or not this will continue.

Have you had bone density scans to check your risk for osteoporosis?
 
I'll make an appointment with this other doctor soon.That doesn't mean I will agree to preventative surgery. I have had osteoporosis in the past but now my last bone scan showed all osteopenia (that was almost a year ago).
 
I believe that is the correct next step, making the appointment with the other doctor. Just that appointment to ask questions and find out information. From that you can make informed decisions.

You mentioned you have Long Term Care Insurance. Something I found out that I did not know. If you would contact them and use that for home care, for example, you do not pay your premium when your receiving service. It's just information, in case you didn't know. (We have LTC and I'm so thankful we have it in our back pocket also.)

Keep doing what your doing - you know what's best for the both of you.
 
@eaglemom, I don't quite understand what you mean, that we would not pay our premium if we use them for home care...could you elaborate.

I'm feeling so discouraged this morning. I feel like I can barely keep my head above water.
My sweet husband is deteriorating fast. He is asking for a wheelchair soon. I feel like I can barely take care of myself...but not ready for someone to come into the home.
 
With all that is going on with you, I'm sure you are feeling overwhelmed. Is there a way you could get away for a few days? Even a few hours away could help. In home help could free you up to do just that. I understand you aren't ready for that, but maybe a temporary thing until you feel better. You need to take care of you before you can take care of your husband.
 
I don't want to get away. My home, husband, and dog are my safe place. Yes, overwhelmed to say the least.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom