PKR Partial Knee post op<

I would say I do those stairs 6-10 times a day. I can do the baby step thing for sure. I notice an increase in swelling...or at least the feeling of swelling...tightness. It bugs me to no end that I have pain behind my knee when I bend it. I know people said 6 months to a year. I thought I was way over the hump at 3 months. Hubby may have to put an elevator in sooner rather than later
 
Perhaps you could tell me the site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Knee post op<
 
Josephine, yes pain is mostly Rb1 D. He called it the bicep tendon but pain is also adjacent to that more midline in the soft tissue behind the knee upon flexon. Minimal surgical site tenderness
 
Last edited:
Sorry, R1D isn't a proper reference. That's just a column. I need a letter for a row too!
 
Huh, I wrote RB 1 D...not sure why that didn’t show up for you
 
I guess that’s why I may need the MRI.
 
It wasn’t seen on xray. :shrug: Doc said we would need MRI. In the meantime I’m taking anti inflammatory meds again, not practicing yoga and limiting my stair climbing. Sigh...
 
I can see it on xray. I've been specially trained!
 
Well, I’m at a loss here. I’ve done everything I’ve been directed to do, limited stairs, rested, took anti inflammatory meds and the pain has just gotten worse. I will be calling in the morning to set up the MRI. I was so hopeful that this issue would resolve itself. Doc said cyst would likely disappear after arthritis was eliminated. But now, I’ve got pain under the knee cap, behind the knee and on flexing, the pain can travel down the outside of my leg. I’m so frustrated. I’m almost as bad off as I was pre op:blackcloud:
 
Can you send an xray of for Josephine to look at?
 
I don’t have a copy of the actual film. I have initiated the scheduling of the MRI. Waiting for clearance from my insurance company. If this shows nothing, we will have to discuss our next step. I’m hopeful there is an easy fix such as the Baker's cyst which can be either drained or open removal to ensure the sac does not remain. Other than that...I’m at a loss as to possible interventions.
 
Yes, thank you. Unfortunately I have moved 3 hrs away from my MDs office so by the time they send it to me, it will be time for my MRI..
 
I’m hopeful there is an easy fix such as the Baker's cyst which can be either drained or open removal to ensure the sac does not remain.
Sorry but there is no 'easy fix' for a Baker's cyst because it's in the back of your knee and surrounded by big, important and sizeable structures such as these that are in red boxes. Surgeons tend to refer to this as 'tiger country' because they are so very difficult and risky to operate in. Aspirations are no-no also because of the danger of striking those major vessels.

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Knee post op<
 
Doctor said they would drain using the c-arm if draining is an option. By easy fix I was referring to dealing with Bakers cyst rather than have them tell me they don’t see anything wrong and I’m out of luck. That’s my biggest fear.
 
I was an OR nurse for 20 years. I tend to want to fix everything surgically
I totally understand! I was a theatre nurse since the age of 21 and also tend to feel that surgery is the answer to everything! I think it's our curse!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom