jeffjob
junior member
You are really doing well and Love your positive outlook. Your pain sounds very typical, bad at first and then at about 7 - 10 days really gets lower.
Your bathroom issue day one in the hospital reminded me that I would up in recovery with a "surprise" catheter (I also had a spinal)! At first I was a bit upset as we were told in our pre-op training that we would not have one. But my OS likes them. As the day went on and I was drinking my usual large amount of water, I realized how great it was to have one. I could drink all I wanted and not worry about it, LOL!
I actually asked for one on my second TNR six weeks later.
Keep doing what you are doing and be well.
Your bathroom issue day one in the hospital reminded me that I would up in recovery with a "surprise" catheter (I also had a spinal)! At first I was a bit upset as we were told in our pre-op training that we would not have one. But my OS likes them. As the day went on and I was drinking my usual large amount of water, I realized how great it was to have one. I could drink all I wanted and not worry about it, LOL!
I actually asked for one on my second TNR six weeks later.
Keep doing what you are doing and be well.
United States
) with your therapist so that you are only doing more gentle exercises with no weights and no bands. Your knee is still healing and all that activity risks setting your recovery back every time you do it, get sore and then have to recover from the therapy.