Guest viewing is limited

THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

Yes for me also. At 16 weeks I was still not able to walk much or to stand. That’s when I went to PT and was told about very weak muscles. Now at 20 weeks it is much better. I still can’t stand for long but I’m still working on loosening a tight muscle per PT. I don’t walk any distances just try to get steps in every day so I’m up and moving. We have 10 acres and it’s summer so right now I have no problem. Keep doing the best you can! I think once you get that bump looked at you will have some ease of mind about that as well.
 
If you limp, use assistive device.
I was and still am an avid walker, walking about 3 miles a day prior to hip replacement. Also was working on my feet 3 days a week & walking rescue dogs.
When I was able to start doing longer distances after surgery my doctor told me better to walk 3x's a day for 10 minutes & not hurt rather than 30 minutes all at once & be in pain. So that's what I did & slowly increased as I could.
I'm now up to 6 miles some days & that is broken up over course of the day. I don't do 6 miles everyday but manage at least 3. And back to walking my rescue dogs as well as dogsitting.
That is really impressive. That sounds like a good plan. At the moment I can’t walk more than a couple of minutes before it starts to hurt, especially arsonists my scar and the muscle behind . I will try to only walk small distances more times a day.. Have a lovely day.
 
Hang in there! It’s going to get better over time. Take it a little bit easier today if possible. Since yesterday was hip/leg day- today can be arm workout day.
Exactly. That is my plan today. I just came back from PT, so totally without exercise didn’t work out, but now I’m in my bed , legs up and watching the serie Suits. I love it:) :-) (:I realized how small things like a Serie that I love to watch, can make my mind relaxe and make me feel better, at least for some hours ..
 
Yes for me also. At 16 weeks I was still not able to walk much or to stand. That’s when I went to PT and was told about very weak muscles. Now at 20 weeks it is much better. I still can’t stand for long but I’m still working on loosening a tight muscle per PT. I don’t walk any distances just try to get steps in every day so I’m up and moving. We have 10 acres and it’s summer so right now I have no problem. Keep doing the best you can! I think once you get that bump looked at you will have some ease of mind about that as well.
I think so too. That swelling really is a big issue.. it seems like a cannot think of anything else :bored: I hope I will be there where you are now before 20 weeks, but nobody knows.. My PT is sure that the lump is a normal swelling after such a long and complicated surgery and especially after my accident, where a normal fall was bad enough to cause a complicated fracture to a totally healthy femur bone. She says it is a trauma swelling, some muscle swelling and some fluid. She says that it could take month before it will finally disappear and that the nerves inside that swelling are making trouble ..
will still see my normal doctor in one week, to hear what she thinks about my annoying swelling. The only good thing is that the swelling don’t hurt so bad anymore compared to how it did hurt some weeks ago..

I wish you a beautiful day..
 
Can you see your swelling or just feel it? You probably mentioned it before but I don’t remember. I ask because if I take my two fingers and push where it hurts still on me, I can feel a knot but I’m pretty sure that mine is just tight muscles, but I don’t know.
 
I can see it clearly. It’s like a soft lump on the lower site of my scar and also a bit under the scar direction knee..If a push in the lump with two fingers it hurts, but if o just put pressure on it with my flat hand, it doesn’t hurt:umm: I will try to take a picture, but it’s difficult..
 
It’s difficult to take a good pucture, because it doesn’t look like it does in real at the pictures .. Is your scar still purple? I realized that if a accidentally stretch my scar, it burns for a while afterwards :nah: yesterday my dress got stocked between the armrest on my chair and my right leg, so I pulled I out and of cause I pulled I my scar too. That was really not nice.. I wonder if it is normal 9 weeks after surgery ..? :oyvey:
 
I had swelling in my leg and foot both times- less the second time. I wore soft clothing to not antagonize the scar. Someone here posted about using an ice pack in the car and also a soft barrier to help with the seatbelt. That was very helpful. I avoided narrow seats and also had a chair cushion for seating. I saw that here too! Recovery stinks at times but it will get better. Hang in there!
 
Ohh yes, narrow seats are my worst enemy in the moment . Since surgery I change to a dress or very loose trousers as soon as I get home. I noticed that just a little touch of tight closing are giving me nerv pain in my scar. Ahhh everything is so complicated at the moment:nah:When did your swelling go away? I’m 9 weeks out and still have this swelling that starts hurting when I sit too long . I have noticed that the swelling gets warm when I sit down and it gets squeezed from the pressure . When I’m up walking it has normal temperature :oyvey:I just read your whole recovery story . That wasn’t easy either :console2: I will try to use ice when I’m driving . I’m still not driving on my own, because my leg is still too weak, but sitting in the car is horrible …

I wish you a nice and painless evening .
 
So now comes a little update. I am now almost 3 month post Surgery . I don’t have any issues with my hip, but I still have this really annoying swelling around the lowest part of my scar and the area around. It is very uncomfortable in the moment I sit down, because the swelling makes a lot of pressure in my leg under the scar and on the side of my tigh. It also starts to hurt, when I have been sitting for a longer time. I still have a limp when I don’t use my cane, in the evening it’s worse than during the day. I can walk for about 2 kilometers, then it starts to hurt in my swelling .

The scar itself looks great and the scar is flat and not swollen, it is the area around . I have been icing all the time now, but the swelling is just not changing at all. :beg: I have now made an appointment by my orthopedic and asked for a scan. I am going to see him Thursday morning and I am so afraid , that it is something bad like a rupture or tear of the gluteus medinus or something else that will cause me a surgery :bolt:

I can still not sleep on my operated site, because of the swelling. I have tried, but as I turned completely on the site and of cause than out my whole weight on that swelling it was very painful .. I have also thought about I I am having bursitis .

I’m so depressed because of that swelling, because my hip itself is fine..
 
Can you sit on ice bag to help with the swelling? Many of us feel like we are sitting on a tennis ball early on in recovery. You mention it's swollen so this may be something entirely different cause mine was more of an internal feeling than outward swelling.
Let us know how you make out at OS.
 
I have been wondering how you are doing! I’m so glad you are getting a scan! Then you will know! How did your experiment of not excercising go? I’m so hoping it’s good news from the scan! Either give it more time or yes we can fix this!
 
I have been wondering how you are doing! I’m so glad you are getting a scan! Then you will know! How did your experiment of not excercising go? I’m so hoping it’s good news from the scan! Either give it more time or yes we can fix this!
Thank you so much Nini:thankyou: I will probably sleep very bad between Wednesday and Thursday . I am so afraid that the orthopedic will find something bad, so I have to have surgery or something else that nobody wants after a longer time of recovery :scaredycat: I have found out that stretching is not for me. Everytime I did strength training exercises at my PT , I was in bad pain in the evening. So I have told my PT that I don’t want to do these exercises anymore . Some exercises are fine for me as long as no stretching. I have stopped exercising at home, I am just walking outside 2 times a day for about 20-30 minutes. The rest of the day I am doing normal stuff mixed with relaxing . I think that’s the way for me. I still have a limp, but I force myself to walk inside my home without cane. I only have some pain in my swelling, when I walk to much without cane, but not in my hip. I have still not have the courage to drive myself . I am to scared that I don’t have enough strenge in my operated leg, when I use the break. :yikes:

How are you doing today Nini? I hope you are doing fine and that you are progressing well now. You have had such a long recovery with a lot of problems, so I really pray that you are doing fine now :) :-) (:

I will definitely post what my Orthopedic finds out on Thursday .
 
Can you sit on ice bag to help with the swelling? Many of us feel like we are sitting on a tennis ball early on in recovery. You mention it's swollen so this may be something entirely different cause mine was more of an internal feeling than outward swelling.
Let us know how you make out at OS.
I can sit on an ice bag , but I think it is something different, because of this swelling . The swelling is on the lower site of my scar and behind. My scar is on the side of my thigh. It was done normal , sadly not minimal, but old fashioned, if you know what I mean. It is like if the muscle under and beside my scar is totally swollen.
 
Easier said than done, but try not to worry. Wondering if it's a seroma....possibly?

The definition of a seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. This fluid is composed of blood plasma that has seeped out of ruptured small blood vessels and inflammatory fluid produced by the injured and dying cells.

The issue usually resolves as the body reabsorbs the fluid over a period of weeks, or even months. Just a thought.
Trenna's recovery thread

Please let us know how your appointment goes. Best wishes, Jumeirah!
 
Easier said than done, but try not to worry. Wondering if it's a seroma....possibly?

The definition of a seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. This fluid is composed of blood plasma that has seeped out of ruptured small blood vessels and inflammatory fluid produced by the injured and dying cells.

The issue usually resolves as the body reabsorbs the fluid over a period of weeks, or even months. Just a thought.
Trenna's recovery thread's recovery thread

Please let us know how your appointment goes. Best wishes, Jumeirah!
That’s also my guess.. On Thursday I will know
Easier said than done, but try not to worry. Wondering if it's a seroma....possibly?

The definition of a seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. This fluid is composed of blood plasma that has seeped out of ruptured small blood vessels and inflammatory fluid produced by the injured and dying cells.

The issue usually resolves as the body reabsorbs the fluid over a period of weeks, or even months. Just a thought.
Trenna's recovery thread's recovery thread

Please let us know how your appointment goes. Best wishes, Jumeirah!
Thats my guess . A Seroma. If it is, I hope it will be possible to have just a Punktion . Or even better, it will go away with the time.. Thursday I will know and of cause I will let you know .. I am so scared, but it is better to know, than to google and wondering every day.
 
Try to stay busy, keeping your mind occupied away from searching the internet looking for answers, it can make you crazy.

I like this quote by writer Mark Twain -
"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened."
 
Hi there. Well I went to my orthopedic and of cause told him about my problems with my swelling and how distressed and frustrated I was not being able to sit for a longer time and how bad I felt when are going for dinner with friends, because I will feel that stitching and pressing pain behind my scar after 20 minutes . How it hurts when I drive as passenger in our car, because the seat is pressing against my swelling etc. I also told him that I still cannot sleep on my operated site, because of extremely pain in the swelling as soon as I turn on the site. He took a look at my swelling and pressed his fingers all over the swollen area , witch really did hurt a lot:tantrum:

He said that there was absolute no reason to make a scan, which was really disappointing, but he assured me that he knew what the problem is. The swelling is a huge amount of lymphatic fluid and perhaps some inside Hämatom, I don’t know how to write it in English. It is not a serom and it is nothing that can be drained, it has to go away on its own. He told me that it could take 1 year for my body to absolve the swelling, but when I will be able to move totally normal without limping , it will probably start to become smaller . I also have Bursitis. You cannot really do anything about that eather. Just not doing exercises that will trigger it and a lot of icing . He offered me to a treatment for that to, but he said that would really hurt, I don’t know what it’s called in englisch? I will google it.

So I’m pretty glad that it wasn’t anything serious , but I’m also quit sad, that I perhaps will be in pain for a very long time, not really being able to enjoy life:cry: He just told me to be patient and not to worry , because everything was going to be all right..

He said that if I still had the swelling in one year, then he would make a scan. Ha, ha, ha, very funny:bored:

Thanks so much for checking up on me , I wish you a nice and pain free weekend ..
 
So googled the therapy for the bursitis. It’s called shock wave therapy in English. He said it would help the bursitis to go away faster, but that it would hurt a lot:arrow:It will hurt because everything is still healing inside or has just healed, so he will leave it up to me, if I will have this shock wave therapy done, or not. I really don’t know. My PT says that it will be unbearable.
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom