Guest viewing is limited

THR Pain Meds

When I asked about this at the two week my OS said that by 6 weeks I’d be able to lift my leg.
There is no timeframe for being able to lift your leg. Just be patient and don't worry about how far out from surgery you are. Every recovery is different - even on the same person.
 
:hi: Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Yay! By months end, Spring will have sprung! :wowspring:I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait. Here’s a flower for your special day:flwrysmile: I hope you’re enjoying progress and I’m wishing you a wonderful month of March.
@Merrytaylor
 
Thanks very much, Layla! It’s hard to believe that it’s been three months.
 
Hope your getting on better and now able to lift leg i csn no probs now at 13weeks but just wish i could get rid of limp going without stick makes my back ach
 
So posting again after quite some time - since March (and hope I’m putting this in the right place.) I am now 6 months from anterior left hip replacement and things are well . I still seem to get that familiar (pre-surgery) thigh pain frequently at night especially when I lie on the operated side. Sometimes I wonder if my hip was indeed the source of the pain. I also have a torn gluteus minimus tendon. My main concern is that I still can’t entirely lift my leg. I can’t cross my legs when sitting without lifting my leg with my hands, same with getting in the car. I also have difficulty lifting my leg when standing or sitting to put pants or shoes on. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
 
Hi MerryTaylor,
Possibly you should check in with your surgeons office and run the above mentioned concerns by them and see how they advise. THR recovery can take a full year and even longer for some. At only seven months post op you’re still healing. A phone call and reassurance from your surgeon, or a member of his care team, may offer answers and peace of mind. They may suggest that you could benefit from some PT?
I hope you have a nice weekend. :)
@Merrytaylor
 
Thanks, Layla. I do need to check in with my OS. I’ve been putting it off. I had 28 sessions of PT which I thought was quite a lot!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom