TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Molly. :friends:
It's a good idea to start a new knitting project, to take your mind off worrying. And I bet your grandson will look great in his new sweater when it's finished.
 
Sounds like solid progress. Your holiday should really help too.
 
Great that you're feeling better and got out for a change of scenery. Sometimes that's all it takes to get us out of the depressions. All in all, you are doing quite well!
 
Thanks everyone. Bad night sleep last night but instead of being stressed out with it as before I coped ok.
Out for a dog walk with hubby today and a stop for tea and cake which was nice.
No painkillers required during the day anymore so another positive.
 
Woohoo!!! Puppy walks fix everything. And tea and cake? Well that’s just the icing on the .... oh ya. ...:heehee:
 
@Mollymax
I've been following your thread, and recall texting with you via personal message, a while back. I am happy to read that you are starting to feel better. I too have struggled and continue to struggle with depression and personally for me, anxiety. I was able to get a prescription for .5 Lorazepam which helps with sleep, maybe having some sort of sleep aid on hand might help on those difficult nights. I know that I do so much better with mood when I sleep well. I am envious of the foot over foot up the stairs, I'm not there yet at 10.5 weeks out. I forced myself to try it, big mistake, just not there. Knitting is so Therapeutic, I knitted many scarves in December, but have never tried to knit anything needing more of an advanced skill, like a jumper. Thanks for being courageous enough to post about your feelings, this is not an easy recovery and it helps me to realize that many of us are in the same boat. Take good care.
 
Just my checkup. Consultant pleased with knee. She said its still fairly swollen and hot but otherwise its doing fine. Said to continue icing and doing the exercises. Bend is about 95. I asked about other knee because I felt it moved a bit but she tried a couple of things and said it was fine and it was expected but she understood it felt peculiar and could make you feel squeamish but it was fine. Told me I could get back to my walks but if one day it was more swollen then cut back on next walk. Doesnt need to see me for 5 years now unless I am worried about something then I just call for an appointment. So it's onwards and upwards from here.
 
There's every chance that these joint replacements can last for 30+ years. Remember that the people in the survey whose implants had lasted for 25 years had their surgery 25 years ago. Both the implants and the surgical techniques have progressed since then, so the outlook could be even brighter.
 
Now 10 weeks post op and things are improving knee wise. Still fairly stiff but definately getting better. I now don't need any walking sticks and am off all painkillers for the first time in 7 years. Unfortunately sleeping is still not happening despite twice being given sleeping tablets by doctor. She gave me 7 days of stronger ones last week. Worked the first night then since then 2am comes and I waken and that's it. I am now wondering if I am having withdrawal from dihydrocodeine. I cut them down gradually from 2 a day to 1 a day then half of one. Now none as I don't need them. I have restless legs, sleep problems and have gone from being always constipated to going 4 times a day this last week. So I guess it's withdrawal. I hope it doesn't last long. I feel so good that I don't even need to take paracetamol now.

Walking is going well. With my surgeon and physios agreement I am now going out for between 2 and 4 mile walks every second day .

I have also decided to retire. I am not going back to work and have a meeting next Thursday to advice this. I have a sick line for a further 4 weeks which will cover me.

So I guess that this journey has come to an end. I know my knees have a long way to go yet as it's still early days but I am getting there. Thank you to everyone that has kept me going from the first day I came on here with my horrible fears. I can't believe I went through this twice. Now the next stage of my life starts. :loveshwr::happydance::yes!:
 
@traceys thank you We plan to spend most of our time enjoying our caravan, walking the dogs, long walks and cycling.

What I meant was my fears, my upsets, my coming on here and moaning and my worries have come to an end. I have posted so much over the last 8 months.
 
I'm glad you've decided to retire, Molly. From what you said about work on various occasions, it was not a positive place.

Now you can take your time, and do the things you want to do. :yes!: :happydance: :flwrysmile:
 
So wonderful to see such a great update! Very happy for you and to see you are finally coming out on the other side and can start living again. Congrats on the retirememt!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom