TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

Well you've certainly turned a corner @Mollymax! Great to hear you sounding so positive and actually happy. You've got so much to look forward to and so much to forget - no more painful knees.
Bye bye work and have a great holiday next month.
 
I hope you will love your retirement @Mollymax! I retired a few years ago and could not be happier. No more of that particular stress, no more less than ideal Co workers, and the only time I want to set an alarm is if I'm catching a plane to somewhere nice! Enjoy!
 
Congratulations on your retirement! Thank you for all of your posts they have been a tremendous help!
 
Just thought I would check in and let you know how far I have come and maybe it will help others. Today I joined in our local 5km Parkrun. Now though it says Parkrun you can walk it which I did. I went round in a fairly decent time of 53 minutes. This is faster than I waked before my knee replacements and you all know I was a big walker despite the pain.
The amazing thing is I was in the car on way home when it suddenly dawned on me I had walked that 5km pain free. Yes my knees are still stiff and still feel strange and have some way to go but to walk at pace and no pain was fabulous. To say I am chuffed is an understatement.
 
Way hey! Look at you now @Mollymax! You've come a long way from the person who posted first! It's all go now but for goodness sake don't overdo things!
Hols soon? Enjoy!
 
@Mollymax Wow - just catching up with your recovery! Well done on your 5K walk. Just goes to show what a bit of patience and persistence can accomplish. I am sure members contemplating this surgery will appreciate just how far you have come.
 
Back from Cyprus. Had a lovely week. Walked the 5k race in 50mins 13seconds. It was a scorcher of a day. Still used my trekking pole on the walk but the rest of the week I walked everywhere without it. Hubby came 2nd in his age category in the marathon and came home with a fab trophy. Was so envious of all the runners in all the races. I ran for 20 years until arthritis set in. Didn't realise how much I missed it till watching the runners on Sunday. A big part of me wants to run again...well maybe not run but at least jog but I know I shouldn't
I know my knees still have a way to go yet as right one still fairly stiff and still has tight band round it. Patience is needed.
 
Glad you had a good holiday. I used to run but definitely won't go back to it. I'm not for doing anything that could cause the slightest problem for my knees - I'm not going through all that again!
 
It's so good to read what you can do now, Molly!
Both knees still well less than a year old and look what you've achieved. Two 5k walks, a lovely holiday in Cyprus, and all without knee pain. That's brilliant! :yes!: :yay: :happydance: :dancy: :friends:
 
Hi everyone. Been a while since I was on but I have followed a few threads. Its great not to have to go to work anymore.
I have been relatively pain free although right knee is taking longer to recover than the left one as it still has a tight band round it.
However left one has decided over the last couple of weeks to hurt when turning over in bed at night. Just like it did prior to replacement. I also have been having trouble with groin pain in my left leg going round to hip and leg keeps giving way. This has been going on for some time now. I don't think it's anything to do with my knee but am worried I am now having hip problems. Anyone have any thoughts? Ta.
 
Oh boy, hope it’s not hip , but unfortunately could be . I had similar groin pain a few years back ,recovering from sciatica , so went to doctor thinking I had pulled my groin. The doctor took xrays and found out my groin was ok, but turns out my hip was breaking down. The X-ray wouldn’t have shown a groin problem , but doc suspected right out of gate ,possible hip. Anyway I definitely had to do knees first , so now they are done ( right knee just 2 weeks old), I may have to consider following up with hips . Hope you have better knees if your groin doesn’t heal , and you too have to look into hip problems.
 
@Softtail. Good to hear from you. Hope you are recovering well from your knee replacement. I have been doing well with the knees although I still have only 95 behind in both knees. I doubt they will get much better than that. It doesn't stop me doing day to day stuff and I am getting out walking again which was my main aim. I think if this pain doesn't clear up soon I need to see the doctor. I kept hoping it was just a groin strain but I think it's more than that. We are off to Tenerrife in 4 weeks so I was hoping it would have cleared by then.
 
Mollymax,
I recently developed groin pain, I have a torn labrum with some arthritis. I received a steroid shot, it is not prefect but I am able to sleep and have less pain.
Suggest you see your OS before you go, find out what is going on, and if it is your hip have an injection, it may give you relief before you leave for your trip.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom