Guest viewing is limited

TKR Over doing or not doing enough?

It's good that the PT has narrowed down some things with your muscles to work on. Just like with the knee, take it a day at a time and I bet you'll be finding yourself going down those stairs more easily. Stuff like that tends to happen slowly but all of a sudden you'll be like "hey, I did that without concentrating on it!"
 
@Wanttobebiking
I found your recovery thread. I think you will master the stairs in time. Although I generally have no problem, sometimes I walk down sideways after waking up. Morning stiffness, I suppose. I do find stairs less comfortable than downhill trails and probably always will.

Best wishes.
 
I am not getting my alerts. How about the closest weekend to July 13, 2016, and San Diego works for me. We could ask all the July Sparklers. What do you say?

@Braunzie
@Thesoutherncook
@SarahJane
@newlybionic

Not sure about this tagging thing. If I did it wrong, apologies.

On another note, big time snow here so I am now battling snowy sidewalks and icy steps. Good news is there will be enough snow by tomorrow night to Cross-country ski. I know I will fall. I typically fall every other time I am out but I am going to go for it. I will practice getting up from the floor tomorrow in my living room without kneeling on my TKR. Wish me luck.

@trailspud Thanks for the vote of confidence. Just tonight I was thinking about how far I have come but I get easily discouraged with the steps. Big time snows here. Yay!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about this tagging thing. If I did it wrong, apologies.
Actually we do ask that you not use multiple tags like this in your posts. Please refer to this forum guidance:
Use of multiple tags and alerts in posts

In this case where you are trying to communicate quickly with 4 other members, I suggest you use a personal message (PM). Up to 5 people can communicate in this message format and members are notified immediately that they have a message. In addition to an email alert, a red and white number will appear at the top of their screen indicating they have an unread PM.
 
I should be able to manage a weekend then. I'm glad you're ready to ski. I haven't attempted to get up off the floor yet. My other knee isn't so good so I'll wait until my daughters are home to help me up. I'm sure you'll do well.
 
You bet I am. We are getting 8 inches. I have a new pair of skis and the snow will cushion any fall I take. Plus it is pretty flat where I am going so nothing too strenuous! Cannot wait!
 
I never tried cross country skiing maybe I should look into it when I'm ready to get going and we have snow here. I did downhill skiing 30 years ago as an intermediate. I was self taught. I've thought of even taking some lessons in the future. Really would like indoor tennis but there's no place around here to do that.

Send some snow this way. Love it and I've have a AWD car so it's not a problem to get around town.
 
Have you heard of pickle ball? My husband plays. It is on a court about half the size of a tennis court and the racket looks like a ping pong paddle. You play doubles so not as strenuous as doubles tennis. My husband asked if I wanted to try it, but I don't feel up to that yet.
 
Have you heard of pickle ball? My husband plays. It is on a court about half the size of a tennis court and the racket looks like a ping pong paddle. You play doubles so not as strenuous as doubles tennis. My husband asked if I wanted to try it, but I don't feel up to that yet.
You know, that just might be fun. We have leagues in the Boise area. Probably wait until retirement, but a fun game I hear.

Enjoy your snow. Our ski areas opened, but it's barely and now some high pressure and a temperature inversion...need a nice storm to get on the snowshoe trails.
 
Nieces and nephew LOVE pickle ball! My niece is a pe teacher and my nephew organized a pickle ball tournament in HS for charity. It is fun!
 
I did it. I broke out the new x-country skis today. Actually, I quit work at 2:30 to go for a ski. I put on one of the knee pads that volleyball players use to protect me from big time pain in case I fell, which I did not. Snow conditions were terrible. Still too warm here. Lots of the snow has already melted. Conditions were icy and in places grass was showing. After some initial fear and trembling, I got my ski legs back and best of all I gained some confidence. Knee feels fine right now...but the stairs still hurt!
 
That's Great!!!!! I'm also very impressed. We're still waiting for our first snow. They started to make snow on the downhill slopes but then it got warm again and rained all day today. It's rare not having any real snow on the ground.
 
hahaha... how did I miss your skiing report??? Nice job!!!!! :yay: You are BRAVE! Of course, I grew up in Sunny Southern California and am not much of a "snow person" to begin with! I used to downhill ski a bit, but that ended when I met my husband 27 years ago... He's 6'8" and wouldn't ever go skiing with me because, he said, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."... That was disappointing, but he has other fine qualities. :)
 
@Braunzie That's tall! He can see lots of things I don't see. Like the dust on the top of my door frames. How are you doing these days? Hanging in? Working 25/7? I am still really struggling with the steps. Odd, huh. I can ski and bike, but not walk down steps. Getting tired of it to say the least.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom