THR Other side for Tamra!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a scary fall but, if you were able to get up under your own power and you're moving around okay now, I doubt that you did any lasting damage. If you had dislocated your hip, you would be in extreme agony and unable to walk. It sounds like you are okay. My first post-THR fall was on my back too. It was just instinctive not to let that hip hit first.
 
That sounds like a scary fall but, if you were able to get up under your own power and you're moving around okay now, I doubt that you did any lasting damage. If you had dislocated your hip, you would be in extreme agony and unable to walk. It sounds like you are okay. My first post-THR fall was on my back too. It was just instinctive not to let that hip hit first.

Thanks for input!

It was on carpet. I know if i didn't get my back down first it was gonna hurt. I have to remember to lift walker over carpet. Everyone be careful!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Carpets can be a hazard post op. Please be very careful!

You will probably be very sore in a day or so. Falls are very jarring on a new hip. Just rest, ice and elevate.
 
Still feeling ok .. well with a norco 5mg every four hours :) . Should have been a cat ninja for Halloween :bolt:

I don't even have any new bruises on my back. That is surprising! Being super careful now. Scared my son and he wasn't here when it happened. He came in and kissed my forehead when i was falling asleep in the recliner last night. He hasn't done that for years! :friends:
 
Ok my twin @tamra I'm moving you in! :) What did you trip on? Did you get light headed, guessing. Using your walker? Also, you just received blood, I have no idea how long that takes to rejuvenate your system. Remember in my thread, the first 24 hours at home, hubby would not let me up unless he was standing there, might be overprotective, but then he was being cautious, we don't want to go back to the hospital...:gaah:

I think today you will feel if anymore pain, I hope everything is intact, might call your OS office or someone from the hospital to let them know, they can go over any symptoms. Praying is all good. Slow and easy, slow and steady girl! hugs!
 
@Postalgal i might need a keeper for sure lol. i tripped on the throw rug which knew i should lift the walker over. Actually .. i think i am fine. No sorer than i was yesterday. Leg is moving ok. Little better today really. Thx for your concern my friend!
 
@tamra Okie doke, well those throw rugs, are a no no, maybe possible to put up while recovering? Safe paths my friend :) Glad your ok!
 
OMG!! I just cringed for you!! :yikes: I really glad you are ok. :)
I bet you are so glad to be home. Take it easy and ice, ice, baby!!:ice:
 
How scary for you---and amazing you could get up without breaking precautions!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Still doing ok today. Slept over 7 hours and only woke at 3:30 for pain pill and back to sleep. Two 5mg norcodone every 4 hours making pain stay at 3 or less. Ice helps a lot too. I wouldn't say it was a struggle to get up but still not using op leg to do much. Arms getting stronger for sure.

Got up and made scrambled eggs while coffee brewed. Threw everything in waterproof containers, in my bag and made it back to my recliner in living room with the supplies. Of course, was sweating by the time i sat back down lol. Plan today is to rest like yesterday but keep getting up for short walk at least every two hours. Writing down everything i do and meds so i can take it to doc/PT with me and so I know!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Got my first appt with surgeon tomorrow to check everything out and change dressing.
 
@Jaycey probably a Josephine question but figured i would start with you :)

How do i know if the compression stockings get too tight on my swollen leg? I am swollen quite a bit (normal) down below my knee. They said in the hospital they would give me compression knee highs rather than these full lengths ones. They never did. Should i only be wearing them to my knees (below or above?). I keep getting the feeling in parts of my right thigh near my knee and on top like i have dvt stockings on. And everything from knee to hip is still pretty numb from swelling pressure.

Normal?
 
How do i know if the compression stockings get too tight on my swollen leg?
Is there swelling above the sock top? I have only ever had knee high TEDs and if there was any swelling caused by them I removed them.

Are you icing those swollen areas. Icing works everywhere - not just on the incision.
 
Yeah there is swelling above and below the top. I have the TEDs folded down some but was wondering if i should fold them down farther (below the knee) because i have to keep moving it where they are tightest since it indents into my leg.
 
Oh .. i have a cooling pad like icing machine. I have it on Some part of my thigh, hip, knee all the time when i am not walking.
 
How scary for you---and amazing you could get up without breaking precautions!
It was so scary! Especially since my son was at his gym.

Lucky i have sturdy furniture in that room. Backed myself up to one of the large recliners and worked my way up to sitting just using my arms and pushing with my good leg. I was so not gonna let my son find me like that and call me a turtle!
Being careful every where i walker to now!
 
If they indent into your leg I would fold them down to below your knee. I have no idea why they gave you the longer socks. They are a pain to wear as it is - let alone full length.
Oh .. i have a cooling pad like icing machine. I have it on Some part of my thigh, hip, knee all the time when i am not walking.
:thumb:
 
If they indent into your leg I would fold them down to below your knee. I have no idea why they gave you the longer socks. They are a pain to wear as it is - let alone full length.
:thumb:

That is what i was hoping i could do! They just forgot and so did i. They were supposed to give me the knee highs. Thank you Jaycey!!
 
Just be sure the "cuff" that you roll down doesn't start cutting into your leg. If it does, they are too tight and really counter productive. I am not saying don't follow your surgeon's instructions. But most of us ditched these things early on as they are darn hard to put on let alone wear.

Are you taking any blood thinner medication?
 
Are you taking any blood thinner medication?
i give myself a shot of loveanex or something like that every morning. First time i ever used that or anything blood thinner to tell the truth.

I would prefer to take these things off. I walk at least 50+ steps (slowlyyyy) every two hours. I keep a log of what i do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom