THR Other side for Tamra!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
My blood levels dropped so they are probably going to give me blood. Incision and thigh look good so don't think there is any bleeding. Just a little anemic and i wasn't before the surgery.
 
Oh dear. The upside is I gather it gives you a bit of a boost. Good to hear your incision and thigh are doing well. Wonder if they'll top you up with iron tablets?
 
No idea. The iv blocked on me now. So they are going to have to replace that before giving me blood. Hemo was 14 on day of surgery, 10 yesterday, down to 8.6 today. Ruined my plan to go home today.
 
@tamra Well I am glad they caught the blood thing, you don't want to go home low on iron. This will make you feel much better for your return home! You got this twin!:yes!:
 
Hi @tamra! I'm new here, but just wanted to pop in and say hello and congratulations on your new hip! And I think the idea of a new boyfriend is fabulous. You've inspired me too! Not sure about a motorcycle for me, but the idea of getting back to my old life sounds awesome. I hope you feel better and better -- I ended up staying one extra day in the hospital too, but it was lovely. I had wonderful nurses and doctors and physical therapists -- sort of felt like a big party the whole time I was there (of course, the pain meds might have had something to do with it!). Anyway, you go, Girl!
 
Two full bags of blood later and i feel much better. I switched from percocet to norco too .. that also helped. Percocet is supposed to be stronger but it just doesn't do it for me. I think the percs were making my stomach hurt. @Postalgal going to have read ur thread! Hope it is well for u!

@TajMahal did u have surgery recently? And thx all for well -wishes!
 
Yeah, we knew that would do the trick on more blood. I am on both perocet at night and norco during the day. You have to have a bite of something with any pain meds or I do or the tummy hurts. Doing good, did the front porch stairs today and walked outside, our outside adventure, was nice! Now to see if this hurts after while. I am super cautious, hubby says too much, but whose hip is it? lol As they say, everyone is different and has to develop their own cocktail. Slow and steady and you will be fine. So happy your feeling better!
 
Percocet is supposed to be stronger but it just doesn't do it for me.
This is the tricky part. Areas usually have a set standard of meds for pain relief. Trouble is everyone reacts differently to meds. Well done that you found your own pain management cocktail!
 
Still not much sleep. Hope i get to go home tomorrow ! Still can't lift that leg but finding ways around that :-)
 
question: talked to my OS last evening about the big ball issue. he said that he ran into trouble trying to dislocate it because it had stuff grown up all over it. i assume that this is part of the reason i have had significantly more pain than i expected. anyone else ever experience this issue during surgery?
 
i assume that this is part of the reason i have had significantly more pain than i expected.
Well it certainly could be but I guess the question is what levels of pain did you expect to have? This is major surgery. It can take quite awhile to feel completely healed. You are only days out - are you icing and elevating? Taking your prescribed meds around the clock? Things will get easier - it just takes time.
 
Still not much sleep. Hope i get to go home tomorrow ! Still can't lift that leg but finding ways around that :)
That gets better, I started using a cane and hook under the ankle and pull it on up, exercises also I was given for that. It gets better pretty quick!
question: talked to my OS last evening about the big ball issue. he said that he ran into trouble trying to dislocate it because it had stuff grown up all over it. i assume that this is part of the reason i have had significantly more pain than i expected. anyone else ever experience this issue during surgery?
I wonder if that was bone spurs? I had some.

Hope you get to go home today!!! Slow and easy! :friends:
 
Well it certainly could be but I guess the question is what levels of pain did you expect to have? This is major surgery. It can take quite awhile to feel completely healed. You are only days out - are you icing and elevating? Taking your prescribed meds around the clock? Things will get easier - it just takes time.

Not out of the hospital yet so meds are on their schedule. They are occasionally late on the norco but i learned to ask for them because i go over that 4 hr mark and it HURTS. I just want the worse pain controlled. And i have a high pain tolerance. Don't expect to be painfree.

Cool pack on it all the time in one spot or another. Fourth day and still can't move that leg much. Getting pt at least three times a day. Walking anyway. Allowed to put full weight on it but can't do more than 30% yet. I keep trying.
 
Allowed to put full weight on it but can't do more than 30% yet. I keep trying.
Each time will get easier and easier. They won't let you leave unless you can move around on your own. Just keep doing what you are doing.
 
Moving around on my own fine .. just can't put all my weight easily on the operated leg. Only have two small steps at home and my son is going to help me get in so I Get To Go HOME!

:dancy::loveshwr::yes!:
 
@tamra Yippee you might be home now! Hospitals are bad to not give those pain meds when we ask, once home now, you will be on time and should be controlled. Did they send home a simple little set of exercises, like extending the leg outward and back, raising with a towel, tightening the calf, etc?Hubby had to help me do all of these. I am only one day ahead of you, but have been home since Tuesday, I have had more exercising, it is just today, that I can extend the "dead leg" lol and lift the heel just barely in exercising. The walking will be better as well. You, dear, only had a tiny setback, with the blood. Sooo, now home, each day will be better! Don't worry about counting days, sounds like you got this! Big hugs!
 
I think i just got really lucky. Tripped and fell. Started to hurt the hip as i was going down so managed to turn and fall flat on my back. luckily on double carpeted area. Didn't seem to hurt me so i worked my way up and did follow the 90% rule. As far as i can tell .. i really didn't hurt anything. Of course my son was at the gym. Probably means i am actually doing good to be able to get off floor? And big plus, my huge dog just stood there watching me instead of climbing on me lol. @Josephine anything i should watch for besides incision or hip pain?

If i actually hurt anything. . I would be able to tell .. right? Incision looks fine and hip doesn't hurt any more than it did.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom