Guest viewing is limited

THR op/post op since 13 march

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zauberflöte fly ball began in the USA at dog competitions....a team of four dogs run in relay over a number of hurdles..release a tennis ball then return...the fastest team are the winners...
 
clifford149 guess we can tell I don't have much to do with dogs... it sounds like a very good way to blow off some energy for a young dog, and get mentored by older ones! :)
 
Dear hippies...this is my 4 month report
1. All is well...some stiffness after sitting down for awhile then standing
2. Most leg movements are normal
3. Except for sitting crossed legged
While the process of laying on the floor and then getting up
Requires getting used to...feels ackward...otherwise cannot complain
4. I did a 3 hour lecture workshop at the end my feet in particular felt very tired more so than usual
5.still yet to get the mountain bike out....
6.my main current complaint is OA in my thumbs brought on by using the crutches !
zauberflöte sky gets very excitable at fly ball making her difficult to control which is a shame...she is fine in all other contexts. Will pick my gooseberry today....yummy
 
Great 4 month report clifford149... not sure about the sitting cross legged on the floor.. If I got down there, and that might be doubtful, I would have to stay there.. Hahaha...

Love your Avatar... I can only dream of retirement and having my own garden..
 
clifford149 great update ! A three hour stint on your feet-- no wonder they're tired. Maybe time for new shoes...heh heh that's all women can think about is new shoes...
Gooseberries yum yum my kitchen is littered with tomatoes, canteloupe, corn, watermelon...mm-mm!
 
Hi there hippies...I am 5 months postop :)...my report:
1. Was signed off by my pt yesterday as fully fit :)
2. All is well...can even put my socks on normally
3. Although OA is a problem in my big toe and thumbs :(
4. Sitting crossed legged feels strange while standing from laying on the ground is somewhat ackward
5. I am working normally
6. So not much to report since month 4
 
[Bonesmart.org] op/post op since 13 march
update, clifford149! So good to know that your life is back to "normal" and is pain free.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
 
Dear hippies..I was 6 months post op on the 13 sept!@£&#

I have just read through my posts/replies a real memory lane jog....to summarise....
1. Off pain meds at 3 weeks off ice at 4 weeks
2. The pain was 90% knee not the hip!
3. My glutes were the last to return to normal
4. All is normal did I really have a hip operation?
5. Got the mountain bike out last week
6. I haven't eaten any plums for awhile!
7. I am having some nerve pain for some reason on the op side? So doing yoga each morning
8. Would like to thank the mods and my fellow travellers zauberflöte Teacat @alleycat ByGosh Kim22 and many others

Clifford xxxx
 
Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing very well.

I just had a resumption of the nerve pain near the incision yesterday, after doing far too many squats. Used to have nerve pain and tingling when I was healing, but til yesterday hadn't had it in a couple of months.
 
Well done clifford149 on a fantastic recovery.You are doing extremely well and back to normal.Just one question to you and LeeApril26 Excuse my ignorance but what does nerve pain feel like ?
 
Kim22. For me, it was as if I was getting electric shocks along the muscles near the incision and on the surface of my upper thigh. It was especially intense when I was in bed. It went on for weeks and I had to get out of bed and walk around a bit. Then it went away for a couple of hours. It didn't help my insomnia any. I was not happy to have it back. Restrain any urges you have to do lots of squats. :dancy:
 
zauberflöte RHUBARB? Did I see you mention rhubarb? One of my favorite things in the whole world. My mother made a rhubarb pie and rhubarb cobbler that were to DIE for. When I am better I am going to bake my very own rhubarb pie and eat the WHOLE THING! Gotta find some fresh rhubarb, tho. Gosh, I hadn't thought about rhubarb in a long time.

Lots of people haven't even heard about rhubarb -- maybe it's particular to the south?
 
LeeApril26 Thank you for the description I have had that sort of sensation only in my knee of my none operated side in bed when I have overdone it.I won't bother doing squats at all in fact I have stopped all exercise for now as they all seem to cause pain about 12 hours afterwards.I am sticking to walking on level ground and 15 mins on a stationary bike twice a week until my appointment on the 23rd.I am still taking both paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Hi Butterfly Rhubarb is very popular over here in the UK and Clifford enjoyed eating it in his early post op days which generated a lot of discussion on here.We have it in pies and crumbles and it is particularly nice with custard.How are you doing ?
 
Hi. Kim22 nerve pain...its more like sciatic nerve pain near the new hip! / like lower back pain I am hoping the yoga will do the trick? A great gadget in the car is electric heated seats...mmmh

Butterfly ruhbarb very nice stewed with Strawberry's ...mmmmh

LeeApril26. Nerve pain don't you just hate it aaaah
 
Hi hippies....today is 9 months postop...doesent time fly!....saw one of my medical team last week and the were happy with my progress....I am nearly fully flexible ...I was told to expect to lose a few degrees of freedom...but I don't need to do the splits :)

So apart from a few other aches and pains all is well....thanks for your support everyone....will report again in 12!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom