THR op/post op since 13 march

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Clifford
İ am glad to see your surgery is over.
Regarding the pain, i am definite that it will pass very soon.
Just bear for a while.
Good luck with your recovery.
Cheers from İStanbul.
 
Cllifford,

Fyi- İ am taking oral blood thinner but it may not be approved on every country. You may consult your doctor about it.
 
Sansabosa i'm taking 2 aspirin in the morning to prevent DVT. Yukky. lol
 
Hi Audball and @sambosa thanks for your support my knee is swollen but not to a great extent...in the hospital they gave me oral morphine that helped but none to take home...will the Gp prescribe ?....clifford
 
Hi...day 6...

1. The knee pain is more manageable
2. Last night l would sleep for about 90 minutes then wake...do some repositioning and sleep for another 90 minutes
3.today I am getting up every 2 hours short walk then isometric exercises
4. Icing and pain meds regularly
5. Sleeping when I can
 
Clifford, I'm glad you brought up the knee issue because I'm having the same problem with my knee on the operated leg. I remember asking the surgeon right after surgery "what did you do to my knee"? Your post helped me get my questions answered that I thought only I was experiencing.
 
Hi Cindy.....its a shame no one mentions before hand..I could not understand ...little no pain in the hip or wound but loads in the knee
Of course on this site you will find similar stories and the mods are quick to answer....last night I got 2 hours sleep and then everything felt really uncomfortable not painful....I feel OK now take the meds do the exercises :)....good to hear from you...clifford
 
I had a spinal block also and my back is still tender...have you noticed any tenderness in your lower back where they administered the spinal
 
Mine was painless, very pleased. They gave me 'happy juice' as well. I remembered nothing.
 
Hi Cindy and duffer......I don't appear to have symptoms around the spinal entry point...I am aware that for some patients it can take several attempts to position correctly.....my only problem was an upset waterworks :) but all functions now performing normally...clifford
 
Dear zauberflote.....it lasted about 24 hours so have no regrets about a spinal...as with all these things...if I had known in advanced I would not have worried...it may also be a man thing...also I have had problems in this area before....so please don't worry...I am so glad I did not have a GA as I am prone to sickness.....:) clifford
 
clifford149 I don't know about it being a "man thing". I read someplace that that can be an after-effect of that type of anaesthesia, and the article I was reading (don't remember what or where) said that for that reason, often a catheter was used. YUK. I'm glad it was short-lived for you! :) I will try not to worry, you are reassuring me:)
 
Hi zauberflote.....all these issues have an advantage and disadvantage depending upon context....the great goal is a pain free hip and this afternoon I had my first real feeling that all is working well ...my knee is feeling better and I can take more weight through the hips I will be abandoning the elbow crutches soon and moving onto sticks :)
 
clifford149 yes, I am not yet so good at keeping the main goal firmly fixed in my mind. Sounds like you had a little breakthrough this afternoon! YAY! :)
Your dog-- does it want to herd your crutches? it's a beautiful animal! :)
 
Hi day 8....

1. Sleeping fitfully its more discomfort than pain
2. District nurse came today and removed the dressing
It was glued no staples...looks good see photo section in other area
3. I have a tip for isometric exercises...play some dance music that you like and let your toes...calves...glutes have fun...you slap your hands on the bed as if you are playing drums :)
4. My border collie Sky is in kennels which is a shame. But sheis still young and no respecter of new hippies

Clifford
 
@zauberflote :) Good one! Ice-ometric dancing.. clever.
I had spinal and light general and it was fine. Also a catheter til the next day, which was a blessing because I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom. Everything worked very well when the cath was removed. You'll do ok, too. It's only a matter of time if the bladder gets a little sleepy from the meds, just keep drinking.

clifford149 Congratulations on your successful surgery. It sounds like your recovery is going quite well. The sleeping's a problem - it's hard to get comfortable. Are sticks the equivalent of canes here in the USA?
 
ByGosh thanks for reassurances!!:) Last time I had a catheter was after a hysterectomy, and the pain that caused was much much worse than the surgical site itself...and my bladder's 24 years older and twitchier now :sad: But I recall my OS saying, when I said I didn't want to wake up with a ladies' catheter, that he didn't do catheters. I have yet to find out what kind of anaesthesia he uses. Still waiting on the "pre-op" packet from scheduling nurse before I ask superfluous questions of clinical nurses...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom