Guest viewing is limited

THR Onward, forward for NextStep

I made it!
My 14 pound munchkin has watched from the yard as I've ventured on my walks thus far, but today I invited her to come along since I thought I might go a little farther. Well, she was all for that!
We ended up making it all the way around the block at a slow but steady pace. First time since surgery. And she even behaved herself, with only a handful of minor tugs on the leash, quickly corrected.
So my verdict is "success"--and I'm back on ice.
 
I woke up this morning with no pain! It feels amazing! Even better, it's nearly noon and still there's no significant pain. Of course, I've just been sitting here choosing some Kindle books to read so I have extra motivation or excuse to sit still when I need to rest, ice and elevate.
 
:tada:Yes!
One of our UK members Ieft this lovely sentiment:
When you are icing and elevating and watching telly you are not 'dossing around' you are 'engaging a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'.
:cheers2:
 
I was growing restless with TV, not following story lines. So reading is an alternative worth trying. For now.
 
@NextStep Sometimes I have had enough television, so I just click it off. I spend quite a bit of time reading articles, Facebook, and other content online. And a good book is always a nice change. I read it shortly after it was released, so it’s been a while, but I really liked “Where the Crawdads Sing.”
 
I think that book (Crawdads) was just released as a movie???
I love to read but didn't read much in early recovery. Lots of internet, Netflix, TV puts me to sleep so I watch in small doses or if I have insomnia.
 
So...there are two friends who have been my primary help locally, when needed. One is somewhat limited due to personal challenges at this time, yet even the occasional help or sounding board is beneficial.
The other has had limited availability this past week, and it now turns out that's good. Saturday her hubby tested positive for Covid, then Sunday she has also. So moving forward, I'm pretty much on my own.
 
Nextstep,
So sorry your friends have Covid, hopefully they will be ok in 7-10 days.
I'm so fortunate to have someone here all the time and my youngest son is 1/2 hour from here.
Thinking of you.
 
@myglasshalffull Yes, “Where the Crawdads Sing“was released as a movie within the last couple of weeks. The reviews I have heard of it are all positive. The author said the movie follows her book very closely, even down to the appearance of the “shack” in the swamp. I’ll probably see it sometime.
 
You can do this…I have every confidence that you’ll do fine. :yes:
That‘s too bad about your friend and her husband contracting Covid. Hopefully their cases are mild and short lived.
Wishing you a good week…Happy Monday!
@NextStep
 
Tonight I lost my balance at home when using cane and carrying a half glass of milk. Spilled half the milk (no big deal), and landed on left knee. So far right (cane) arm is complaining, knee is not exactly happy but not yelling at me. Hip is undecided as to what to think. I'll see status in the morning since I can still bear weight.
 
Oh no! I’m sorry to read this, I’ll bet that was frightening. I hope your arm and knee feel better tomorrow and your hip remains unaffected. Please let us know how you’re doing on Tuesday. :console2:
@NextStep
 
Oh gosh, that is such an alarming moment when you realize you are going down... Hopefully you are going to bed, packed in ice! Not literally... but you know what I mean.

So sorry you fell and are worrying.
 
@NextStep It is so easy to lose one’s balance while walking with a cane. I hope your knee feels better after a good night’s sleep and that your hip decides it’s going to be ok.
 
@NextStep, that’s scary, I hope you aren’t too sore today and that your hip isn’t a cause for concern x
 
Yikes, my biggest fear, I've actually had dreams about falling, PTSD I guess.
Do you still have a walker, maybe use that next couple of days for more support.
Hope you are ok, let us know.
 
I'm sore, hip and knee a little more swollen. Doc's office predictably says to rest, elevate and ice unless they call back with additional instructions from the OS. (ROM and weight-bearing remain as they have been prior to fall, which relieves my mind.)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom