Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR One Year Update

Just caught up on your thread. Happy birthday! I am so glad you weren't badly injured with that fall. It's scary by itself, then add in the worry about your baby knee and your stress levels go through the roof. I had a similar fall on New Years day, but on a four year old knee. I flew over a table head first into a sliding glass door and landed with my TKR knee bent underneath me.....naturally it was the bad knee instead of the good one.... but I'm thankful my head didn't break the glass. (I finally found something that's harder than my head :rotfl:) My OS ordered an x-ray right away also, just to be safe, and the implant wasn't harmed, even though I was more sore than usual for a while.
I hope you have gotten, or will very soon get, the pain pills you need to get your pain properly under control.
 
Belated Happy Birthday! Hope you’re doing well and getting back up to speed after your Bashie mishap. I thought of you last night when my poodle spun into my left leg. Dogs. :dogsniff: Always up for making your knees flash before your eyes.
 
I think things are finally heading in the right direction. Went to Urgent Care and got enough pain meds for a few days and today the original RX actually came in the mail. But because of regs I can't pick it up until Thursday as that is the day the insurance company figures I will have run out of pills.

Had PT and OT today and it went very well. For PT we drove to the end of the road and, with PT taking Bashie on her leash, we walked in the field. It was wonderful. OT had me doing very practical things like picking stuff off the floor by bending my knees (never to point of discomfort) rather than bending at waist like I had gotten so used to doing. If I had bent down by bending my knees the other day with Bashie I probably would not have lost my balance and fallen. Or least I wouldn't have fallen so far.

It's been a rough couple of days that's for sure. The low point of the roller coaster I hope. I needed some time to regroup and recharge.
 
I needed some time to regroup and recharge.

@SherrieT And I hope you get it. I bend at the waist too. I am thinking of picking up PT again when I get moved. I don't know if my OS can order it out of state, or if I have to find another doctor in my new city. I will need to find a doctor at some point. But I think I might be ready for some strengthening work in another month or so.

Did you have a birthday celebration? I hope it was a good one.
 
Hi @SherrieT

I think you have done so well you got ahead of the curve. What appears to be a low point is possibly just you normalising.

I am positive you will be whizzing off soon.

PS. Loved the video of you moonwalking at your birthday party and amazed you can do the splits so soon!
 
You’re doing great, and it’s smart to take the time to recharge. Funny about bending at the waist. We get used to it, maybe more so with bilaterals because both knees are usually so bad. Anyway, I have to remind myself that, hey, I can bend at the knees now. I’ve gotten better at it, but it still feels kind of foreign.
 
Do any of you "vocalize" your pain?
I'm not sure this is the same thing, but when my pain levels were going up-pain meds wearing off, I would be making a sound like "aaaaaaaah". My daughter noticed it at first in the early weeks after bilateral. I still find I do it some now, for example when shopping at WalMart yesterday for too long I realized it and hoped nobody heard me. I was past due for my tylenol.
 
@Nick-UK You are such a trouble maker. Where’s the pot stirring emoji?. No video folks, Except the one in Nicks head

Never try to get the best of Nick. It will backfire on you every time
 
Last edited:
Is there an innocent face emoji?

Look at my little face in the pic? Is that someone who would cause trouble?

On the other hand you should never let the truth get in the way of a good rumour :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 
OK, enough about the non-existent video. :heehee: Are your knees still doing OK after your fall? Great news on finally getting your med prescription. If these people, holding our pain relief in their hands, only had a knee replacement, they wouldn't be so hohum about getting the meds to those that need them so badly.
 
Now the insurance company is telling pharmacy that the Tramadol can't be refilled until March 1 !!! I am so over this. At least they filled the Dilaudil.

@sistersinhim - Knees are doing really well considering what they went through. Additional muscle pain and such but I'm lucky that's all.
I'm close to being discharged from in home PT and OT. They have really helped me a lot. No pressure, just guidance and encouragement. The OT has really been a help with my balance, especially since the fall. My confidence took a tumble also.
I'm getting ready to expand my world a little bit at a time. Tired of being shut in so much.
 
Now the insurance company is telling pharmacy that the Tramadol can't be refilled until March 1
Pay for it out of pocket. It's not that expensive. You need relief!

I know what you mean about confidence. I was finally walking with my head up and not watching my feet. Well, I stepped in a hole and broke my ankle and foot. Now, I'm back watching my feet when I walk! It will be quite a while before I walk with eyes forward again!
 
Pay for it out of pocket. It's not that expensive. You need relief!

I just called them to ask if I could do that and they had gotten it straightened out.

I can't even imagine breaking a bone during this whole thing. That must have been terrible.

I tried to change my thread title and it's not showing me the option to do that anymore????
 
What would you like your title changed to? Great that you can get your Tramadol!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom