Bilateral PKR One Year Update

Good news about no UTI! I know you’d do a happy dance except for, you know, knees. I will do one for you. :egypdance:

Two to four weeks is pretty rough. Lots of frantic healing going on still in the knees, plus you are moving more and getting up and about more, and moving the knees at this point is painful. That does get better and you will notice a lessening of the pain soon. Most of that improvement will be due to less swelling, so your battle plan of resting, elevating and icing is going to get you there.

Mr. Shoes probably thought about fluffing my pillow (friendly way of saying smother) a few times. I wish I’d thought of a bell! :rotfl:
 
OH once left her phone in the kitchen so I sent a message "grab me a beer while you are in there"

She heard the beep and went to get it

Lucky I didn't have it tipped over my head

:rotfl:
 
D(arling)OH lets me know about my MPB, male pattern blindness, when searching for items.:heehee: It compliments my selective hearing.
 
Last edited:
PT today and got great news. My right knee, the one that has been the "bad" knee both post and pre-op measured 100/0 !!! Left knee was 100/5. No one is allowed to touch my knee so this was doing it on my own. I thought the Land of Zero Extension was a myth :heehee:
 
Yay! Now don't be surprised if it goes back and forth a little (in terms of measurement) before settling into final full extension. It has shown you it can do this. Your left knee will follow in its own good time. :)
 
My right knee, the one that has been the "bad" knee both post and pre-op measured 100/0 !!! Left knee was 100/5.

Sherrie— that is great news! I’m jealous, I’m at over six weeks and still cannot get to 0 extension, last night at PT measured 121/7.
 
Good news about no UTI! I know you’d do a happy dance except for, you know, knees. I will do one for you. :egypdance:

Two to four weeks is pretty rough. Lots of frantic healing going on still in the knees, plus you are moving more and getting up and about more, and moving the knees at this point is painful. That does get better and you will notice a lessening of the pain soon. Most of that improvement will be due to less swelling, so your battle plan of resting, elevating and icing is going to get you there.

Mr. Shoes probably thought about fluffing my pillow (friendly way of saying smother) a few times. I wish I’d thought of a bell! :rotfl:

Fluffing your pillow. Rofl. I needed that!
 
Awesome in a lot of ways! You go, girl!

:dancy:
 
Bashie wanted to go outside so I put my coat on, stepped out on mud room step and all heck broke loose. I tripped over Bashie and went down, right on my knees on cement floor. I put my left arm across my face and head went through window next to door.

I screamed, from pain and from fear, afraid if I moved I would cut my face and neck. Daughter and son in law came running. They got the walker and I held with one hand while they guided my head out of window. I was still on my knees.

They then each grabbed an arm and lifted. I had warned them I would scream and boy did I. But they got me on my feet and into the living room in a chair I can lift out of. We started assessing damage. A tiny bit of seepage at top of right incision.

Am sitting here with ice packs, waiting to see if anything happens. Sent message to OS through portal but probably won’t hear back till tomorrow.

How strong are 2 week knees? I’m trying not to over react. I don’t know what kind of device I have other than I know there is cement. Has anyone else fallen on knees early? Somehow I think it’s going to be awhile before I see zero extension again
 
Your implants are strong and most likely would not be damaged, but your soft tissues are still tender and new, as is the incision, so these might be more at risk. I’m tagging @Josephine to give you an expert opinion.

Calling your OS was the right call. How are you feeling now?
 
@SusieShoes i was pretty shook up but am doing better. Just laying in bed, icing and elevating. So far I don’t see any additional swelling but right knee is definitely more stiff and sore. It took the brunt of my weight. And, of course, this was the one time I went on the mud room stairs without my sticks. I still can’t believe I wasn’t cut to pieces. Having my coat on and throwing arm across face saved me that.

And it doesn’t help that my last dose of pain meds is in a couple of hours. I’m being mailed RX but it hasn’t gotten here yet.
 
Praise God you weren't cut all up and praise God that your family was there to get you out of that broken window. You will need more pain meds. Please keep an eye on your incisions. God bless you. I am praying for you. By the way, no more dog walking for a while!

Your implants will be fine, but your soft tissues will be extremely angry, I'm sure.
 
Thank you @sistersinhim thats very sweet of you. Kids let me know that I’m not to do anything with Bashie, that they will do it all. They already do so much for me. I had just gotten to the point where I thought I could start doing a few of my regular chores again
 
As I read your post, I just kept aching for you. I cannot imagine how much you must have been hurting and fearing while you were in that position. I am so sorry you had to have such a terrible experience. Thank goodness you had family there to help you. About the only thing good I can come up with (I always try to find something good if I can) is that no matter what people in the future say about a trial they might be going through in their lives, you can always say, "well, if you think that is bad, let me tell you...". But you are so sweet you probably won't do it. Please take care of yourself and let someone else take Bashie out.
 
Oh my gosh when I read about your fall I yelled out loud. Sherrie, how scary. I bet you will be hurting for a few days, poor girl. Is there an OS on call that you can telephone? To get your pain meds? When are they to arrive by mail? Sending thoughts, prayers, blessings. Keep us posted.
 
Ouchy ouch. Oh my. My stomach turned. What a shock for you. Such a terrible thing to happen. So happy you are not cut or concussed. Keep up with icing etc and maybe ER if pain becomes too much.
Thinking of you
Kathryn
 
So glad you're OK @SherrieT, what an awful thing to happen. I hope everything is OK once you have it checked out. Take care.
 
@SherrieT, I woke up in the night thinking about you. What a terrible experience you had. I hope today you get to talk to your dr. We are all hurting for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom