TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you're doing well. As I said, I am sure you'll soon lap me.

Adorable little trailer. For fun, we looked at some my SUV could pull...they were bigger inside than your pictures and the kitchen was inside on the front wall. The bed was in the back and the table and bathroom in between. But way too small for us. What was ridiculous was they were around $20k, and we can buy the huge 5th wheel we like for around $40k!

We had a tiny Nomad trailer many, many years ago-teeny tiny and barely fit two people. It had a table in the back that made up into the bed, a sink and stove in front, and a fridge between on one side, and a bath on the other. It also had a small bunk over the table. We sold it when we had kids and bought tents, which I hated then and hate now...lol.
 
@dianehelen this gave me a wonderful laugh. We have a Airstream dealer in Gainesville. I wonder if he has seen it. Oh, I want to go camping sooooo bad. Maybe I'll just throw the dog in and take off this weekend. Trouble is that so many of the parks are filled.
 
When we drive from Orlando to our beach house in St Pete Beach, we drive across I-4 and see this site. Its listed in some travel magazines as one of Americas odd interesting sites. Its sorta known as the Airstream Trailer Farm :)
[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling

Hilarious! That's so funny.
 
A few other things, the twitching still occurs. It's weird! It happens when I'm almost dozing off—eyes closed and very relaxed—then BOOM! I'm twitching, sometimes my surgical leg, sometimes other places on my body. It's less frequent but still weird.

Here's my knee last night:
[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling

You can see the redness around my leg. It's been that way since day one. It freaked out the PT and he felt my forehead to see if I had a temperature. The incision under the top stern-strip pulls up if I put my finger over it, so I added a few more strips. I thought it would be more healed by now.


@lovetocookandsew - was it an R-Pod that you looked at? It sounds like their floorpan for a lighter-weight SUV.

I feel for Matt Duffy! Going from San Francisco to Tampa Bay has to be depressing (sorry Clara :)). I hope the new pitchers work out well. I'm glad they're not rentals. Go Giants!
 
Your knee looks great! And it's a lot less swollen than mine! Your scar looks good too. Here's my knee about a week or two ago.......so much more swollen than yours.
I don't really know which trailers were the smaller ones we saw-after looking at so many it's all a blur...lol.....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling
    knee11 (2).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 149
Your incision looks good, it looks like it's healing nicely...

No comments on the Rays they need help!!!
 
It's getting harder and harder to keep up with the roster changes-and I feel for Duffy, too. Being traded from the Giants to anywhere must be depressing IMHO. I hope the new RHP and LHP both become valuable assets. It always amazes me when I see the wide shots of ballparks-seems like the Giants seats are always packed, while most teams they play seem half empty, or worse.
 
Thanks for the reassurance. I was wondering about that redness.

@sistersinhim - so cute! I can't wait to go camping again. We don't have a camper now, but did go tent camping earlier this summer and had fun. I hear ya on the bikes! Cannnnnnnnot wait for that.

@uva55 - The Rays just got Matt Duffy, our third baseman. He took Pablo Sandoval's spot and did quite well. He's been injured, but I think he'll do well at shortstop die for the Rays. Good guy.

@lovetocookandsew - The trade deadline is always an adventure. The Giants are fortunate to have such great fan support. I'm sure it has to be hard to play in front of a nearly empty stadium. Tampa Bay is one of the worst.
 
But they just got rid of Matt Moore :(
Not gonna lie, I'm happy about that. It's hard for the players, tho. Moore was so excited he got to the Giants immediately. The announcers were surprised at how quickly he showed up.
 
Good Morning Julie! It's good to see that you're making progress! Should I alert you that I'm taking another trip in case you want to have more surgery? lol! That was such a whirlwind. I'm sure at this point it seems like forever ago though.

The Giants are coming out towards me over the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll make any of the games though as my knees have REALLY been acting up. I couldn't bend my left knee for a few days and missed work - then the right knee started acting up - it's a long story...lol! They are better now than a few days ago but I'm wary of doing all the walking required to get to the ballpark and inside the park. I may just watch on tv. I was glad they at least split their last series out there with the Nats. I like the Nats and want them to win their division - I guess I'm always hoping they won't face each other in the playoffs at the end so I can cheer for both a little longer...lol! This weekend though - it's all SF for me ;)

I hope you're feeling well and have a great day!
 
Good morning!

@selketine - seriously! right!?!?! :rotfl: My left knee is also needing help, but isn't as bad as my right was. I'm not sure when I'll have it done. I'm curious how it will feel once it's not doing the work of two knees. I definitely will get it done before I or my OS retires.

The Giants June swoon came one month late. ugh! I know what you mean about walking to the park. I was really pushing it to go to the Giants game we went to. It was a *lot* of walking and I hurt the whole way home, but was glad I went because seeing the Sox and Giants is just too perfect (hubby is a New Englander and big Sox fan, so we watch all their games, too, they're my AL team).


I'm feeling well today. I was able to sleep on my side for a bit last night :happydance:! It was simple wonderful to NOT be on my back, even for a little bit.

I'm also really enjoying my coffee and some delicious toast, thanks to @lovetocookandsew :SUNsmile:.
 
It's so nice to sleep in the way we are most comfortable, isn't it? I am surprised the bread is still edible after a week! (which reminds me that I need to make some today) That game yesterday was a roller coaster for sure, but I didn't like the ending!
 
My husband slices it into thick slices and froze it. I let it thaw and toast it. Still delicious!!!

Ugh! That game :hissy:
 
Good morning and Go Giants!

I took my steri-strips off today. It's been a week and a half since my staples were removed and the incision still isn't healed or closed, and part of it doesn't look all that great. I put in a call to my OS's office and they asked for photos, which I just sent. Thankfully I have some more steri-strips that I used to close that puppy back up.

Otherwise it's a good day. I'm doing a load of laundry, which is pretty easy—just a little walk down the hall.

I hope everyone is doing well today.
 
Can you post your photos on here?
 
Here it is, but it's uuuuuuuuugly...

This is a week and a half (week ago Monday) after having the staples removed.

The OS's assistant forwarded the pics to the OS and one of them will get back to me.

[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling
 
Wow! Do you think the swelling is pulling it apart? But, at least it doesn't look moist. Let us know what your doctor says.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom