TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful ladies! I can't wait until it gets cooler and I can go camping and hiking again! I have reservations in September, but I have to do an awful lot of healing before then to be able to enjoy it!
 
That's a perfect world! My two favorite places.
 
here you go......................
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling
    Jobu.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 113
Happy Day Baseball day :yes!:! Sox at 10:30, Giants at 12:45 and I'm sure I can find another game later if I want to :eyebrows:.


I'm happy that my knee is feeling better today after a day of mainly resting it after the PT from you-know-where Monday afternoon.

I'm able to get breakfast and lunch together now that my husband is back to work and am walking around the house a bit more.

I also worked on proper heel slides and put my leg on the arm of the sofa to work on extension. I never felt pain, but felt the stretch, which was good. The knee is up on ice and is feeling OK. I'll take that!
 
@LoveGiants sounds like you have everything under control...

Enjoy enjoy your baseball my Rays are doing terrible this year :(
 
@uva55 - except they both lost :tantrum:. One of those days. Oh the Rays, boy do they need a new ballpark! I saw them play in Fenway a while ago. I hope they turn it around.


My knee stiffened up after the few heel slides and extending it. Doesn't take much, eh? After making salad for lunch, it's up and icing.
 
Good morning!

Confession: I'm a bit worried/concerned about my knee's flexion. I was at 60* the day after surgery and 45* Monday (both measurements by PT). I have been stretching it using heel slides and it gets stiff and just doesn't want to bend. It also often hurts after being on my feet for two to three minutes. The pain is inside and/or below my knee.

I know at a little over two weeks out, I'm still very early in this adventure, but still worry.
 
If your knee feels stiff then it is most likely swollen. Only a very little bit of fluid can do it. Be careful to not do too many heel slides. Just a few here and there is more than enough. What you really need to do is ice, elevate and take pain meds. Give your knee a chance to,heal,and I'm sure you will see your ROM grow.
 
Oh Julie, you are worrying needlessly. You are way too early to worry about ROM. I also lost it after coming home from the hospital. But, look at the difference in our activities. We were waited on hand and foot in the hospital. We come home and are having to take care of ourselves and in some cases others, too. No wonder we swell and hurt. To hurt after a few minutes on your feet is perfectly normal. Even me, at 8 weeks hurt after being on my feet for about 15 minutes. And forget about standing in one spot! That lasts maybe a minute. Julie, you have months of healing to do. Your two week old baby is just that, an infant and needs to be treated as one. Stay off of those feet of yours. Ice, elevate, rest and take your meds. You are in for a long journey, but one where, if you treat your knee right, you will see improvements each week. Just give yourself the time it needs!
 
@newlybionic and @sistersinhim - thank you for the encouragement, I needed it. It's nice to know I'm doing ok. It's hard sometimes to expect too much and I've never been a couch potato. Thank goodness for checking out ebooks from the library :).

I'm blessed with a wonderful and supportive hubby who's been taking excellent care of me. I don't need to do much during the day, but do like to get up now and then to get to the bathroom or just get off my bum :).

I'm doing a few heel slides and extension stretches two or three times a day. Just stretching to the point of feeling a stretch and not to pain (too much of a wuss for that :rotfl:).

I had a visit from Kim, aka @lovetocookandsew, which was *wonderful*!!!

And some good news, my daughter who recently moved to Southern California got a job today and she's pretty happy.
 
How great that Kim visited and you were able to meet! I've often wished I could take a casserole or cake to a BoneSmartie who needs a visit and encouragement. You guys were able to do that!
 
Oh yes, it is so hard not to be discouraged. Try to look at where you'll be next year this time! And then give yourself a year to get there.
What a wonderful blessing to have someone from here to visit you. How exciting!
 
It was a very nice visit. No cake or casserole, but I did take her a freshly made loaf of honey wheat bread, which I hope is yummy. Julie-you are doing really well-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I was at two weeks. You're doing things right which is wonderful to see! I'm happy your daughter got a job-I'm sure she's a wonderful girl, if I can judge by her parents, and any employer is lucky to have her.
 
It was wonderful to meet Kim and the bread!!!!! Wow! So good! It's fantastic. I couldn't wait to have some.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. We're proud of our girl. Her dream that she's working towards is being a professional photographer. She is also a car freak and is working at a car dealer in Southern California. She's a sweet girl who's a hard worker. We're proud of her.
 
Bread would be better than cake or a casserole! Ashley (see photo) used to ask people we were visiting for bread! The old saying "man cannot live on bread alone" never met me.

Ashley has been trying to get a pe/health teaching job in a public school for 6 years. She taught 3 years in a private school and got a call from a public school last summer. She left her private school position to be a permanent sub at a public school, almost tripling her salary. The school offered her a full time position this summer! We were doing a happy dance!

I'm so happy to hear your daughter is following and realizing her dreams. Perseverance and patience pays off. :yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom