Guest viewing is limited

TKR One year kneeversary

I have an ottoman next to my bed that I uses for dressing. It's a bit on the low side but I figured it would help for bending purposes and it does. I sit on it to dress and initially, I would raise my OP leg up high and brace it against the bureau opposite me in a high-kick style, with my foot about level with my shoulders. From that position it was easy to slip a sock or shoe on. Now I can cross my OP leg over my good leg a bit, so I do that instead for socks or shoes. I haven't had too much trouble with panties or pants mostly due to the low ottoman. I always get the OP leg in first and the rest is easy.
 
Hehe... never thought of using leg lifter to put on panties. Will try that tomorrow!:thumb:

Pheebs! That's what my SIL would say too ROFL!
 
keefsmom - hope you find that good PT on your next journey.

Your flexion and extension are great. You are a bit more limber than me, and my doc was ok with where I am.
 
I have a 'grabber' that I got with my first surgery two years ago. I love that thing. I've used it to pull up pants or panties on my new knee leg far enough for until I could reach them myself. I've been lucky in that I have been able to pull on some socks and tie my sneakers. The only time I needed help was when my infection was activively draining. One of my daughters needed to help me then.
 
Those grabber tools are great and useful for so many different activities.
 
@Pheebs52 - I used the grabber for the same thing. Our puppy does not like it and avoids it. It was also helpful in the beginning to get my shoes off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I still use the grabber sometimes if something falls behind the couch. :heehee:
 
i use the grabber to straighten out the dog's bedding in his crate. i use my walker as a support for some of my home exercises. i have yet to use the long shoe horn.
 
As a short woman living in a house with 10 foot ceilings I have no idea how I lived this long without my grabber! Actually, I do--before my knees went south I would climb up on the toilet seat to retrieve the items on the bathroom shelves for e.g., but no more!
It does freak out the high-strung hound though!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom