TKR One year kneeversary

@keefsmom ... thank you for posting the link to the "lounge doctor" on the other thread. i read a lot of the information on the site and it looks like a very useful tool for anyone, saying we should elevate our legs at least once a day. i really need help in that area as i haven't been too successful with the pillows. did you order from their website and did you get the standard or one with memory foam? i can see using it for a long time, beyond recovery from knee replacement. i would love to get one for my husband also.
 
@liam2015, I also have one and ordered the standard model. I ordered it from Amazon but I think @keefsmom said it was cheaper on the Lounge Doctor website? Naturally, I could be mistaken.:shrug:
 
@liam2015 i ordered the standard too (mostly because @Pheebs52 and I like to own identical items).:heehee: And yes, it was less expensive and free shipping from the company's website as opposed to a reseller.
 
@keefsmom and @Pheebs52 i tried ordering the lounge doctor but i couldn't figure out if they deliver to Canada. i've sent them an email to ask. Pheebs, how do you like your Clarks sandals ~ enjoy. btw, my Merrell slippers, i see they still have something similar online, calling them clogs. maybe mine aren't meant to be slippers after all, perhaps they are considered outdoor shoes. they aren't elegant to look at, but comfy and practical for running out the door with the dog or the garbage bins. i want to get out and buy a new pair of birkenstocks, this time with straps, not the thong style, at least until i am more confident with new knee. enjoy your new shoes.
 
@liam2015, the sandals arrived late and by that time I was too tired to try them on, lol. How lazy can ya get? Very. :yes!: They'll get a test run (?) tomorrow! Oh, maybe your Merrells are actually shoes; hah! I ordered a pair of their summery, mesh clogs a while ago, but found them too wide; pffft! You've definitely piqued my interest in the Birkenstocks, but I want to be able to try them on in person. Maybe in another week or two I'll be able to make a quick trip to our local mall and see how they feel. I would also go for the straps.:SUNsmile:
 
Gosh, shoe talk! :yes!:

I've been living in Vans slip on sneakers. I wear a medium width but Vans are just wide enough even my swollen feet fit into them while in rehab. I have five pair in different colors, so can feel somewhat stylish (I've gotten comments at PT about what a great option they are, as opposed to the athletic shoes most everyone wears). They are easy on and off, no laces. Great traction, too.

This past week, as my knees have become quieter and happier, I've experimented with other shoe styles. Mules and backless shoes are not supportive enough for my stability-seeking knees. I don't own any shoes with heels over 2 inches, mind. My bad knees prior to surgery would not tolerate that. So... two inch heels in booties, completely comfortable, to my surprise. Two inch heels in a strappy sandal... not yet. :nah:Two inch heel in a nice, supportive sandal... doable. Can I walk all day in two inch heels? Nope. :dead: Lower heels are all good. Loafers and fashion sneaks for the win. Still prefer my Vans for everyday right now, though.
 
@liam2015, the Vans have decent arch support. I must have arch support for my feet and knees, and cannot wear shoes that have none. I can wear Vans slip ons all day without problem. You could order from Zappos or Nordstrom's for the free shipping/free returns, and send back if they don't work for you. Unless, of course, you have a great shoe store nearby for try ons. :thumb:
 
@SusieShoes, I also wonder about the arch support in Vans? Do you find them true to size? The colors and designs are adorable. Heels have not been on my radar for.....a very long time; too many foot problems here. I wear them in my dreams, lol.

I can make a happy sandal recommendation this morning. Buy a pair of @keefsmom Clarks from Amazon! YES!!!! They fit true to size, have exactly the right amount of much needed, squishy padding but somehow offer firm support, are seriously lightweight and don't make my feet look like a stretch limo. They're also a great price. Did I say I love 'em? I do. Soon, they'll be going up on the Lounge Doctor with me. I just need to find my ratty yoga pants uniform first.:SUNsmile:
 
Oh, now I can really see a pair of Van's in my shopping basket! Thanks Susie!
 
@Pheebs52, the Vans run very slightly large. I wear a 10, and can wear them either without socks (slightly roomy but they fit) or with socks (perfect fit). I generally wear socks, so they work just right for me.

I will definitely look into those Clarks! A gal cannot have too many great shoes. :snork:
 
Too many shoes? Happily that's an impossible condition, hehehe. The sandal style is Brizo Sammie....weird name, great shoe. Even my arthritic, very difficult to please, big toe is smiling in these babies. That's a tough test to pass!
 
Good to know on the sizing for Vans; thanks! I'm a sock-free person, even in winter, so I'll go 1/2 size down. Now for the challenge of what color or design? So many choices.:happydance:
 
It is a good idea after having a tkr to get new shoes. The old ones have the old gait pattern on them. Now, you'll have a new gait.
 
Exactly! In all seriousness, I really do find shoes make a tremendous difference in gait and knee pain. The wrong shoe = bad news for both on my planet.
 
Back
Top Bottom