Guest viewing is limited

TKR One year kneeversary

BTW, I agree with @SusieShoes about desensitizing your scar area. I had carpal/ulnar tunnel surgery, and at PT they put my arm in a machine with whirling corn husks. It sounds weird, but it was heavenly--after each session, I had decreased awareness of tenderness. They instructed me to keep a rough terry cloth towel next to my chair, and to rub it gently over my incision while watching TV. It hasn't worked as quickly with my thigh as it did with my arm, but that stands to reason. This is a much more major surgery, with many more cut nerve endings that have to recover.
 
Paula I hate to sound like a ninny, but do those surgi pads have adhesive around edges or do I need to use tape with them? Can't tell from image or description on amazon!
 
@Polkadot i am buying a dozen ears of corn today! I mean whodathunkit!?!
I am going to start massaging and rubbing again, it was painful to do that for weeks because of the infections but I can bear it better now.
I hear you all about the tights...I just can't imagine sleeping in tights in august (although it's quite temperate here tonight!)
Thank you all for the kindness, as always the bone smarties are there for me when everyone else is tired of my complaining! :roseshwr:
 
a brief update on my ltkr which was one year old on May 23! It’s hard to believe, honestly, what’s even harder to believe is that I’m feeling a little sentimental when I look back at this time last year! I had a really easy couple of weeks post op (lucky me) and realize now how nice it was to lay back on the recliner and read, watch movies, and have someone cook dinner, clean the house, do the shopping, etc!
At same time, I am pretty pleased with my level of ability these days, really just in the last month or two I have noticed how much more I can do. Recently hosted a get together for 20 of my college buddies, which involved a ton of cooking and cleaning and running around in general. Afterward the DH commented that there was no way I could have pulled that off before the knee replacement and he’s right!
However there is the matter of the right knee which is getting harder and harder to ignore :whistle:
Because of work reasons, I really can’t have the rtkr until mid November at the earliest. Got a cortisone shot for it mid April and although it helped some, any effect is now gone. I was pretty much dreading having to go through surgery again, but the knee is clearly telling that I’d better get over it, so I’m trying to get in the right frame of mind, November will be here before I know it.
At least I can look forward to connecting with the bonesmarties who helped me through the first round and to making new bonesmarties friends! Don’t know how I would have survived without all the fine people on this forum!
 
@keefsmom ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Happy to hear how well your knee is doing, and how much more you are able to accomplish.
You are wise to go ahead with the other knee, no reason to wait and suffer.
Keep us posted on how you are doing between now and November,
 
a brief update on my ltkr which was one year old on May 23! It’s hard to believe, honestly, what’s even harder to believe is that I’m feeling a little sentimental when I look back at this time last year! I had a really easy couple of weeks post op (lucky me) and realize now how nice it was to lay back on the recliner and read, watch movies, and have someone cook dinner, clean the house, do the shopping, etc!
I agree. Wish you a smooth uneventful recovery in November.
 
Happy to hear you’re doing so well! It does take a full year. I’m in the same predicament, thinking I may have my other knee done in the fall. We’ll see...
 
Back
Top Bottom