Guest viewing is limited

TKR One year kneeversary

@keefsmom, :rofsign:I bought either the same or it's sister, hahaha! I haven't taken it out of the box yet but will after my PT eval tomorrow! Rock it kiddo!
 
Ok, so I couldn't wait. You inspired me. I had to open the box. I put it in front of the sofa, 'cuz comfort counts. The rigid, 30 degree, non-bendy leg could do full revolutions! I don't get it, but I'm not going to question it. I only did about 4 since: A) it was running across the floor trying to get away from me and B): I'm a chicken. It did seem to make it all feel a bit looser though....I'll take it!
 
That's great! See if you can find some way of making the cycle stay put and not run away from you.
 
You ladies will find that, that little cycle will be a big help loosening up your knees. As you progress, you can move it closer to you thus increasing your bend.
 
Hmmm... intrigued by the little cycle. Will be watching your (both of you) progress. I'm looking for exercise aids that are low pain and gentle.
 
Celle, yeah, I can see I'll need to place it on a little rug or mat since my floors are slippery. In a strange way, it actually felt good. I liked it, probably because I had success with it unlike those nasty heels slides!

Susie, I also wanted something cheap that wouldn't take up a lot of space. This definitely fits both those criteria and yours as well.
 
That looks like an interesting device. Certainly is more portable than a bike!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, very portable, IowaNana! Under a table or desk, in front of the sofa or chair, even out on the back deck! I'm going to get my $29.99 out of this, lol!
 
It DOES slip which is frustrating as heck even though it has grips. Every time I use it I rearrange the furniture in hopes of getting just the right position, I'll let you know if I find it! @Pheebs52 it's good to be an athlete isn't it? :bicycle2:
 
Hahaha, yes, we are Olympic material @keefsmom! Please do let me know the ideal position as my thinking cap is being worn at a slight tilt.:snork:
 
Back from first outpatient PT at clinic associated with my surgeon. Told the therapist that I didn't want anyone pushing or pulling on my leg as part of therapy. She was taken aback and asked me if I'd had a bad experience with PT before. No, I said, and I don't want to have one now either!

She agreed that it was my knee and my right to turn down any modality, but also said that my recovery would take much longer without manipulation from therapists. Told her I was in no hurry!

ROM measurements unchanged, flex still at 90; I did ask her what my flexion measured at pre op appt., it was 105. If I can get back to 105 without arthritis pain I'll be quite happy!

We left home at 10:45 and got home at 3 (the appointment was 40 mins). Pretty infuriating traffic both ways, leg throbbing from sitting in car too long! Thinking about cancelling the Monday appt up there, I begin PT close to home next Wednesday, which will mark day 21 post op for me. I feel like that's sufficient as long as I keep up my home exercises, right?
 
oh, if only i could be at 90, my surgeon would leave me alone lol. i'm only at 76 at 7 weeks. good for you. i hear ya about the drive and knee pain, and my physio is only a 20 minute drive.
 
No way would I make that trip again @keefsmom. Any benefit you may have received would be torn asunder by the ludicrous amount of drive time; pffft! Don't think twice, don't go back. Loved your answers to her, lol! FWIW, (probably not much) you'll most likely get beyond 105 in another week. I base this on how well you're doing already and on my own silly knee where I found out today I've gone from 30 to 60 since Monday. Of course, I think it's the sterling pedal machine that made all the difference yesterday, lol!
 
Missing PT won't hurt you at all. Go where you want to go and what's best for you. Good for standing up to the therapist! Continue to do so at your other place.
 
I'd say ditch the trip and start up your PT afresh on Wednesday. Missing that one PT visit won't hurt anything at all and spare you a lot of grief, and pain from the prolonged travel. Worth it in my book.
 
I tried to wedge my pedal machine between kitchen table legs today to keep it from sliding. Result? The table slid! Next, on to the bathroom and stuffed it between the toilet and the bathtub. That would have been perfect except it was too close for my lack of flex right now; pffft! Last, but not least, I tried wedging it under my bureau and sitting on a footstool in my bedroom. Same problem, too close. Soooo, back to the drawing board on how to keep that thing from sliding around at an angle I can actually use it. Where are you sitting when you use yours and how have you managed to keep it from slip-sliding away?
 
Final appt at faraway PT clinic today and look what I got!
I thought tape applied to the body in weird configurations was only for Olympians but apparently it's also good for overweight middle age women recovering from TKR. It's called kinesio tape and is supposed to help with swelling by creating space around the tissue (or something like that). Anyone else have experience with it?
I do think it makes me look kinda like a bada** don't you?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] One year kneeversary
    IMG_0374.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom