Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

This not being able to fall asleep business is driving me nuts. What do you do when you can't sleep?
 
@Breadman, exactly what you just did!:loll:

I remember those weeks well! I surfed the web, posted to BoneSmart, played games on iPhone, watched TV (not much on regular tv at 3:00!), read books.

It will pass, in the meantime, grab naps whenever you can. Trying to stay awake during the day thinking it will help you sleep doesn’t work. Just means you get even less sleep. Grab those zzzzzz’s :sleep: whenever you can.
 
So being self employed I had to check up on how things were going at my stores without me. I figured I would be out for a couple of hours. Well a couple of hours turned in five until I got home. Walking felt good, driving no problem. Yes I was sore when I got home. But sore not in pain like I would have been before the surgery. Ice and rest when I got home. Best thing is I bought some presents for my wife. After all she is the most important person involved in my recovery. Can't thank her enough.❤❤
 
So glad ice and rest alleviated the soreness - and great to show your appreciation for your wife!
 
I know that my knees are new and I have to get used to the way they feel. Sometimes when I lay on my side my knees feel like they can move from side to side.
Does anyone else feel like their knees are "loose"? Or is it just in my head?
 
Nope not in your head! I feel the same in both my knees. :) :-) (:
 
@Breadman, I had the same feeling even with my PKR. It gets better over time. I think (not a medical opinion mind you) that the sensation is due to the stretched ligaments and muscles that eventually tighten up and get stronger as they heal. In the early months, they are still sore and weak from all the manhandling they went through during surgery.
 
Same to you!
:nativity::treestar:
 
Merry Christmas! :nativity::santa hug:
 
Like most people hosting for Christmas is a big deal. Christmas Eve at our house was very hectic and of course I went a little too far. By the end of the night my knees told me I was done. We finished up at 1 a.m. I took a couple of Tylenol and ice packs for half an hour. Ice again in the morning and then off for a late lunch with the inlaws. Tonight my knees feel great. No pain and my ROM feels like the best I've had so far. Hope everyone else had a great Christmas too.
 
Tonight my knees feel great. No pain and my ROM feels like the best I've had so far.
Even after all the work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, your knees snapped back nicely! What a blessing! You are doing something right! Yay! What an inspiration to those just coming into this recovery!
 
The last couple of days I hit 2 milestones that were important to me when I started this journey. First, I rode the stationary bike for 2km yesterday. Very important to me because it means I am better than before the BTRK. Second, which may seem silly, I was outside cooking on the BBQ. I love to cook on the BBQ. I got a bit stiff standing there but this means things are looking up. Next step will be firing up the smoker for a long cook.
 
That’s what this is all about, feeling good enough to do the things we want to!
 
You are getting back to real living! That's what it's all for.
 
Happy New Year everyone. Last couple of days my knees have felt stiff. My lovely wife says it must be the weather. It has been so up and down but no snow here. The weather never bothered me before. Does the weather bother your new knees?
:snow plough:
 
@Breadman, even after 8 months, weather changes can bother my knee. It did so before surgery also. I do find that it doesn’t bother quite as often and usually only when there is a significant change in pressure. Before surgery, big changes in temps would cause my knee to ache, not so much now, just big drops in pressure (which usually are accompanied by rain).
 
For years I have worn pull on tensors for my knees at work. Does anyone wear anything on their knees post-op?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom