Guest viewing is limited

THR One week on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByGosh, I'm sorry you've too had the blues. (I love your avatar, by the way.) I have cried frequently. I think you are right that "this will pass" is the thing we must keep telling ourselves. "This time next year" as well might work.
I wish I had something more soothing to tell you. But I do understand. And apparently Josephine does, too, as she has that excellent article here about the blues.. PLease take care.
 
Yes, Peaches, the article is a good one, and the blues are inevitable from time to time. Just from the stress of it all, the change in lifestyle, the length of time the recovery takes, losing your independence, lack of sleep, pain and soreness - you name it, we go through it. Everything adds up sometimes and gets a little overwhelming. And I really like the "this time next year" forward-looking outlook. It takes me out of the here and now, which I often get caught up in and bogged down by.
Thanks about the avatar - they were from a mixed bouquet I received. I thought they looked spring-like and cheerful. I'm from the East Coast and had a looong winter this year. Finally getting some sunshine now. :SUNsmile:
daykat Is that a picture of you feeding a grandbaby? It is too sweet! I love babies.
 
Yes, ByGosh, that's me with Grandson Sam, when he was only a few weeks old. He's now a strapping 6 months old, desperately trying to crawl. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get down on the floor with him!
 
ByGosh, the yellow is so wonderful. And so cheerful. I just love it. I think I will get some yellow daisies tomorrow from the fruit and vegetable guy and put them on my coffee table. I am making myself go outside more for shorter walks rather than the numerous inside hallway walks for practice. By being outside, I can drink up some Vitamin D from the sun and hopefully it will melt a little of the blues. I hope yours let up soon. It's funny, but I am thoroughly capable of noticing things that give me tremendous gratitude and humility ... and yet can simultaneously feel so blue over this hip stuff. I hope you have a good evening.
 
4 + weeks post surgery, lots of milestones ! First dinner out at the local cafe, first car ride to Bunbury(35 km away) to visit my Gorgeous Grandson, first totally independent shower and dressing (with the help of my trusty dressing stick!). Went to Perth (2.5 hours drive) yesterday for review by my surgeon - he is very pleased with his handiwork, everything healing according to plan. I've been given the green light to go to PT and the pool, and will be seeing the physio on Monday. Am doing my exercises like a good girl, taking my meds by the clock, resting when I need to, trying not to get too impatient. The surgeon said I could drive, but I have to confess being a bit apprehensive about that. It's my right hip, and I really need to feel confident that I can brake in an emergency before I take to the highways! Still experiencing some post op pain, and get tired easily still but it is all in the right direction, so I am feeling happy about all that.

I feel amazed at the progress in just a month, remembering how difficult it all was at the beginning - I've come a long way! Thanks in no small way to this forum and all the support and encouragement I've received from all you lovely people- thank you!
 
Hi there Aussie daykat, what a fantastic update, positive, sensible and taking the slow and steady approach... good for you.

Perth is my home state.. Miss it.!

Your tiredness is normal and the post op pain, but you are most certainly heading in the right direction..

Pleased you have had a few social outings, good to get out and be amongst normal activities.. Good for you :)
 
Hey daykat :)

Just a tip, if you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box below and to the left of the posting area where the members user name will display. Sometimes there might be a very slight pause, but the member user name will appear.

it will show their correct name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the member's user name/link will turn blue and send a message to them person, like this

Poppet
 
Hello dear daykat... So happy to read your post and to here of your progress! It's wonderful that you were able to see that beautiful grandson of yours. What's his name? How lucky to have a precious little one to hold and to love. :)
You sound very pleased and realistic about your progress and recovery, which is wonderful. Things will continue to go in the right direction for you. And I don't blame you a bit about the driving - you need to feel totally confident before you start, just for the reasons you mentioned.
Keep up the good recovery!
 
Thanks ByGosh for your encouragement.

Grandson is Sam, 7 months old now. Very very precious, he was an IVF baby, which makes him even more of a miracle. Poor baby had surgery today to correct a problem with his bladder which led to reflux of the kidney. We have known of this problem since the 12 week scan, and this will be the third time he has had surgery, this was the big one which everyone hopes will resolve all the issues. We are so fortunate that he is a boy as the outcome for girls with this problem is not good, chances are a girl baby would not have survived the pregnancy. Which of course makes him even more precious. He is a dear little man, very easy going, almost always happy , though I imagine he is not feeling too chipper at the moment! He is in hospital in Perth, 2.5 hours away, my daughter and her husband are up there with him of course, and we are hovering around the telephone trying not to be too anxious, and soothing his parents' anxieties. It is so stressful for them watching their little fellow going through this ordeal. The surgery is tipped to be 100% successful and it is a matter of trusting the medical staff that they will take great care of our boy. The children's hospital in Perth is a great hospital so we have very confidence all will be well. I 'm a bit frustrated that with my hip recovery in its early stages I can' t be of much practical help but I can offer everyone lots of comforting vibes!

It's 12.50 am at present and I can't sleep, partly because I'm anxious for Sam and my daughter, so I really do appreciate that you guys are there to talk to.
 
Oh daykat You're a wonderful Mom and a great grandmom. You're daughter, her hubby and little Sam are so lucky to have you. It is a big worry for everyone when a child needs medical attention. But the results can't get any better than 100%, now can they?! He's going to be just fine. They heal so quickly at that age and he won't remember a thing. In a month or two, no one will even know he had surgery. He's a little marvel and so precious!
My son was born an extremely premature baby @ 25 weeks gestation. It was a very difficult experience, but he is a fine, smart, healthy 26 year old now, going to graduate school. His chances of even surviving were only 25%, and he not only survived, he thrived! So little Sam will be a sucess story, too.
 
Hi Daykat, you sound like you are doing really well. Let us know how your grandson gets on. I hope all goes well.

Wow ByGosh, your son was really early! How wonderful to hear how well he's doing now. He must be a fighter and a very determined person.
 
God Bless all the little miracles we experience in life. Sometimes they are seemingly so little, but in the grand scheme of things, so beautifully grand. We need only keep our eyes open, our hearts open and our ears open to see them. When I hit the lows, as I have this week, I try to keep my focus on all the little bitty gratitude's, that add up to many blessings :)
 
Hi there @daykat - just popping by to say hello fellow Sandgroper. How is your recovery progressing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom