THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dkirk0530 Where is the driftwood beach?
In spring 2015, we will take my parents (low 80s) to JIC for a family trip.
They have never been. Think they will like the restaurant (famous oldie favorite foods) and the museum!
 
Oh you must go @MajorHeidi ask at the front desk. It's a beautiful but yet weird beach on JI, far side towards St. Simons Island end. It's near villa by the sea town homes. You will be VERY amazed at the changes to the island. There is a new convention center as well as a WESTON hotel going up beachside. still same charm on the JIC side though which is good. I have been here countless times and every year we love it more and more. Best place I stayed was in the CRANE cottage, one of the most beautiful rooms I have stayed in! Also good restaurant there too. Have you traveled to St. Simons? try barbara jeans, best crab cakes but good home cooking and now with your new hip in tow, you will LOVE St. Simons as well.

Your folks will be fine heading to driftwood beach too, short walk from the road down to the beach. The beach has a TON of beautiful driftwood trees.. it's quite amazing! I'll try to post a picture or try to. Also.. we GEOcached while here, very fun!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Would love to see a photo of this beach?
 
@Poppet Here is a photo:
[Bonesmart.org] Okay so it's over!  12/17/13
 
Oh, that is beautiful... Thank you so much.. I will tag Bill, another keen photographer @fulafoto
 
And Diane @dkirk0530 that really is great news and I am so happy for you! Sounds like you really have your life back. I hope my recovery goes half as well as yours and I hope you sort out that knee too! You don't want any more bionic parts just yet :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Okay so it's over!  12/17/13
The beach is a photographers dream.. given that you are sharing photos of DW beach, here's another.
 
Okay so it's been awhile. Thought is let everyone know that's still knows my tale. Today marks a huge milestone for me. Today walking the Macon Georgia Labor Day road race. Key here is walking and not dropping off the family for their annual run. I'm in it this time and not to win it...just to enjoy the spirit of all the healthy hips and bodies that surround me. Not sitting on the sideline this time. Water girl no more! Love this new life!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wonderful news!!! So great to hear from you!
 
Thanks all! Okay so have to tell you! I finished the 3.1 miles in 47.21 average of 15.17 per mile! This pace is better than I did before hip pain! I'm super psyched with that pace. It'd be great to be able to run but I am just pleased with my progress and will let that dream go.

So happy to hear all the progress from everyone and to be able to share my success with others that can relate. I sometimes worry still but then think how lucky I am and quit worrying about the knee other hip etc! So far so good. So enjoy your new world and for those not there yet... Get ready!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
One year ago today I had my hip replaced! Life is good! Life is grand! I've never been so happy to have an anniversary like this one! I just posted the below on Facebook and wanted to share! God speed

"You need to take 4 mins and watch this one! It's sooooo true! The ego very hard to keep at bay but at what cost are we letting our egos drive our action and how many relationships have been destroyed, lives ruined and for what??

Time is our gift don't waste it and let the negative energy win!

Know what you value and what is important and then focus on that! One year ago today I had my hip replaced, while it was not a life saving event ... in a way it saved my life! I now have a new lease and a renewed focus and I feel so fortunate to have the ability to walk with less pain. I no longer take my physical health for granted.. Now I appreciate the small things, shopping without pain, walking 3 miles on the beach and walking up a staircase!! I'm focusing on my health by eating right and exercising more. Yes it's one day at a time but I'm focused and feeling strong and taking steps in a positive way! My hope this next year of rehabbing is to be a good steward of all Gods blessings. I'm a work in progress and like this TED says I'm focusing my attention on positive energy! If you see me doing something else!! Remind me!!"

https://www.ted.com/talks/ric_elias




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom