THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So had my year and three months check point for my thr! God is good! Down 25lbs! Walking 5ks regularly. Feeling and looking so much better. Had a friend stop me twice this week to tell me how great I looked! What she sees on outside is great but how I feel on inside so much better!

Doc said hip looked great again feels great I love Dr! Emory Ortho rocked it! Also got my knee X-rayed! He thinks it's a tear prob a little cleaning up and out patient only! Was so excited! Thought I'd have to face another hip replacement but noooo! No osteo looked great! So MRI in May to see what's going on then a little clean up maybe a d good to go!!

Praying for all you knew hippies and also you "old" hippy grads! We are a pack that not everyone gets but we get us! We know our struggle snd our resolve!

Thanks BS for being here for us all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, I need to get with you on Docs dkirk0530. I am so tired of being in pain in hip and low back. Just getting on this to seek any help with folks in my area. About to go from cane to walker as pain management is not helping. I have had surgery on hands and still in pain so reluctant to do any other on low back disc issues or hip issues. How did you start in finding the right doctors sweetie? Can you contact me to let me know, thanks.
 
I am a newbie on site and just saw people putting @ in front of folks member names. OPPS, lets try this again @ dkirk0530. Would like some info on docs in W GA area. Sounds like you have had some great docs that have helped you with hip pain. About to go from cane to walker as pain management is not helping. I have had surgery on hands and still in pain so reluctant to do any other on low back disc issues or hip issues. How did you start in finding the right doctors sweetie? Can you contact me to let me know, thank you. So happy for your success. I would love to be able to get out and walk again like I used to do without being in pain. Many Blessings to You.
 
@apeach so sorry! Rarely on bone smart these days. I'm going to write more after I get on my laptop. Emory is my saving grace.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@dkirk0530
I have enjoyed every single post on your recovery thread. You worked very hard and so deserve your new found health and pain free hip! thank you for helping to ease my mind in my last three weeks of pre op nervousness!!!!
 
@CricketHip awwwww thanks. I am so happy to help. My hip journey was very scary and I searched and searched for people like me. Bonesmart was my saving grace. I was on quite a bit and wanted to build a story to help others through some of those ups and downs and scary nights after the thp surgery.

To be honest, I completely forget about my hip these days! My knee bugs me a bit now but I'm walking a lot and have a small tear on it so considering next steps. I'm still struggling with my weight but that's a life long struggle! I'm walking about 3-4 times a week now. Heading into my second Labor Day road race (walking) next weekend. So I do keep going! Work out at the gym with weights too.

Glad to help! If you want more information or support just inbox message me. I'll keep an eye in on your story! Will be praying all goes smooth just know the best outcome is ahead of you. The first three weeks are the worst in recovery but really nothing compares to the hip pain endured for years! I'll take a few days or weeks of recovery and rebuild to get a life back! It's great!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@apeach I worked with a doc at emorys spine and joint via executive park offices. He does the boot version interior! That was my wish after researching and glad I did that! In box me for more info. I have returned to him for my knee and had good news no osteo! Just a tear so need a shot or possibly some minor cleaning and work up! I hope to have that before winter end! I thought id happy dance right in his office! I thought for sure that knee was shot!

I'm doing so great with the hip but have occasional soft tissue pain. I band issue from walking. It comes and goes but i rarely take any anti inflammatory meds after living on them for years! I take an occasional pill now and again. After walking or not walking for knee mainly! So freaking amazing. Don't let the scary threads here get you down. So many of us move on and don't look back so the ones that are on here can be frightening.

Let me know if I can help!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom