Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

@mainegirl1 I will look into that. We used to use heavy duty stuff when camping and canoeing. I don't want anything too toxic. @Layla I hate that skin so soft scent myself makes me feel nauseous but better than skin lesions. Sent those hideous pics to nurse in OS office and I have another apt. at clinic in the hospital I went to for this bite. Fortunately it is but 6 blocks away.
@Barbarj I am an info hound and I was a nurse so I like these details so I can better understand my situation and know things should there be an occasion to access the info out of necessity. We are our own advocates in our health.More than once I had to be on iv antibiotics.


I walked 6 blocks with sticks today, went to the bank and grocery store for a few things and put them in a small backpack which of course was on my back. It went very well and not tired. Had PT today and will have tomorrow.
 
@mikeycat Actually my surgeon wants me to have the surgical report and file it for safekeeping. In case we move away, which is very likely or years pass and I have a need to know the type of implant used, etc. Im one who keeps all of our health records for reference. @Barbaraj - just get the report and file it away. lol mine wasn't very graphic, actually. very basic. My husbands triple bypass report was more intimidating to read. He hasn't opted to read it, either!
 
@CricketHip You should see my records(all about these confounded hips) my husbands and my son's, letters I've written sheesh. We also have access online with a code but takes a bit of time.
Know what drugs were used what worked what didn't to better participate in solving my own issues.Right now it is trigger finger that my hubby is having difficulty with and my own carpel tunnel syndrome which has worsened since these hip surgeries and there is a minimally invasive procedure available but I have also found a device CTRAC if anyone has heard of it let me know.Much rather no surgery .I told hubby cortisone should work for him--did for me but he is doubtful.To each his own.
 
Repel is a natural insect repellent. Lemon oil and eucalyptus. It does not work for me in northern climates but does work in southern climates. Everyone has a different chemistry so its worth a try.
 
I have an apt. with a infectious diseases doc on Monday --a follow up from visit at emergency in the hospital on Monday.I need a toxicologist. Sis suggests universities and US because what I was bitten by 5 years ago was endemic to southern US though the insects are making their way up here because of the hotter climate.
I also have to have carpel tunnel surgery but there is a minimally invasive technique with the tiniest of incisions no stitches and lets you return to doing things almost immediately. Since this hip thing--it has caused me a few problems in other areas. I had carpel tunnel but under control but because of the use of the walker and cane etc. it has exacerbated this condition to the point that I can no longer control it with advil etc.Quite painful.

On the bright side PT was great although I overdid it--20 minutes on elliptical and use of bands etc. but I have full ROM and I could do abduction equally without stiffness or pain, just normally like I was 30--yippee.Working on gait. PT says I need to be cognizant 24/7 and not revert back to old ways. Says it will take 3 months to be ingrained in my memory and take over my former gait.OK.
I came home and made meals for 3 days. I'm dead today though.
 
Well, I am glad that you are seeing a specialist about those nasty bug bites. It sounds like you have struggled long enough with that.
PT worked you hard, eh? And today you are "dead" I hope that means exhausted and not that they made you really sore.. that is such a great point about being cognizant 24/7-- that is key, sent it? I just walked around my bedroom, making the bed and just picking up and caught myself several times needing to grip my muscles and correct my gait. 3 months seems like a fair prediction.
But Im sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel.. My mother suffered terribly with that and her pain became intolerable at times. It sounds like that is another surgery that is getting perfected!! Do you have any idea of when you will try to schedule that?

Overall a very good report. I hope you rest and relax today, sounds like you won't need to cook today :yahoo:
 
Good Morning @mikeycat
I hope you get the answers you're seeking through your efforts with an infectious disease doctor and toxology. I'm sorry your Carpel tunnel syndrome Is causing you discomfort once again due to the use of your walker and cane. Hopefully it eases soon.

Wow, you were pretty ambitious in the Kitchen! Meals for three days, takes some time / work. Cleaning up the mess is the worst part. Hopefully today you're able to rest and recover from laboring in the kitchen and overdoing it with PT.

Wishing you comfort and a peaceful relaxing Thursday!
 
I bet it felt nice to get in some exercise, @mikeycat, even if you overdid things. Fabulous that you've been able to achieve a full ROM! I know I'll get there eventually, she said to herself confidently, but at the start of recovery week 2 it seems so far away. Bummer about the carpal tunnel and the bug bite problem, but sounds as if you're well on your way to resolving hip issues and can turn your attention to these other matters. It's always something, isn't it? Hope you have the chance to relax and veg out today--you deserve it!
 
Thank you Layla and CricketHip. I wasn't sore just exhausted.The PT said even when I get up to go to the bathroom remember to use new gait--oh boy.I saw my neighbour up the street who had knee surgery and it appears she was walking exactly as my PT has been teaching me to so I guess she had a similar PT.She walks so stately. I am never really sore now except for carpel tunnel.Hands are consistently numb and achy. I am using my left here and I am right handed. My husband is getting a referral from a doc this evening for trigger finger and it can be same doc who does carpel tunnel.Just want least invasive (endoscopic) leaves subcutaneous and muscle tissue intact which is why you can use your hand quicker. Both can be done and I need both.I just can't seem to deal with just the hips--ah well much worse out there--just a small hurtle.I should be so lucky-- I am.

I never relax. I feel guilty. I changed both beds, washed litter box ,did laundry, finally cut my toenails (sorry all) and bled on that one too. Cleaned bathroom and now at 12:30 finally have first meal-- my breakfast--my favourite though up since 6 am.well was up at 3 am too. I am thinking of going to the corner for milk. I need to meditate and slow this body down. My son's birthday is on the 5th and don't know what to get him. He of course says save your money I'm ok--alas.Gee I sound manic. Just nuts.
 
Yes, Barbaraj always something. Afraid to come up for air because of what awaits but guess that's life. You are doing well are you? And you will get there we all do and it really doesn't matter when does it ? I know we can become impatient I do. I am not impatient with others but do not afford myself the same courtesy.I am reading things and trying to think of something for my son. Always give him money and earphones /plugs (écouteurs) for his computer along with these candies he likes can't remember name. It is his 21st. He is my obsession.
 
@Elf1 Yup but as I sit down I think what could you be doing? Must be my upbringing. My hubby is worse. I try to meditate and then thoughts gush in. I think I was able to chill before because of the incredible stiffness I couldn't run around but now I see incredible progress and it is putting ideas in my head.Making up for lost time. I need to be more Zen like you.
 
I never relax. I feel guilty. I changed both beds, washed litter box ,did laundry, finally cut my toenails (sorry all) and bled on that one too. Cleaned bathroom and now at 12:30 finally have first meal-- my breakfast--my favourite though up since 6 am.well was up at 3 am too

I wish you could take some mikeycat time. Consider setting aside some time each day to go into a quiet space and listen to some meditation or relaxation music on your computer. There is an ample supply of it on YouTube and some lasts for hours. If you can't take this time, without guilt, while recovering from major surgery, when can you? It will benefit your body and mind. Your body was stressed, experienced trauma and is healing. Please show yourself some TLC and help the whole process along. You're worth it!
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing evening. :yawn: :sleep:
 
The more you do the more you want to do. I have a very large back yard and a lot of maintenance that needs done regularly, won't go into details. :whistle:When restrictions are lifted, you want to live again normally. I'm obsessed with getting my back yard sanctuary caught back up and I have a LOT to do that's been getting away from me. This week I've gone Hell's Bell's outside working every morning for at least 3 hours or longer. I'm as loose as a goose until I sit down for a spell. When I go to get up my muscles are stiff as a poker chip. Not fun till I walk it off. Will be glad when my muscles get the message NO RESTRICTIONS!
 
When you are icing and elevating and watching telly you are not 'dossing around' you are 'engaging a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'.
 
Oh I like that Mojo333 now to convince myself.I know you are right Layla but I guess because I feel somewhat like myself pre-op just know getting around now will improve and be so much better ---I tend to forget I had surgery. I think so much so my hubby kinda reacts the same way--like I am my former self.even friends down south want me for a variety of things--memorial service, a fair but I know I am not up to any of that. I know what you are talking about Cecropia I run around then sit and am so stiff but I am really wondering if it's age??? I sit for 20 minutes to relax from the gadding about. I now stand and count to thirty til I I feel limber--seems to work well sort of--I'll take it.Oh Elf1 wait and see you'll want to do so much because you will be feeling so well.
 
Friday and already a scorcher and I am going to physio. But will go to country after. Must stay inside because of bugs and have that apt. Monday for this. Think antibiotics are working albeit very slowly.Next week will be walking more outside with sticks and will try week after that to walk a half block without but afraid of personal space as Elf1 mentions but at least quiet next week on my street as the construction finally wrapping up--all is paved.Maybe I should keep cane close by on my railing.
Everyone have a great week-end.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom