Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

Happy Friday! :wave: Good luck with Physio today.
Are you able to get in your car and drive somewhere and walk where there is less concern over traffic and construction going on. Like a mall during quiet hours, or a walking trail in a park etc?
I envision you at home with loud jackhammers breaking up concrete around your dwelling all day long and large vicious bugs circling outside your door itching (pun intended) to feast on you.
Please paint me another picture :heehee: mikeycat.

I hope you're able to find some peace and lots of quiet time in the country later today.
Wishing you a great weekend!
@mikeycat
 
Morning @mikeycat. I too am a target for a flying insect and swell up awful. I have used the avon skin so soft in the past. The perfume smell is overpowering at application however it worked beautifully. I think most Avon products you can find online now. Good luck on being bug free.
 
Oh, @mikeycat, I can certainly relate to that overriding urge to stay busy and DO STUFF! And then we all pay the price, of course. Partly it's a desire to hurry along the recovery process (which, of course, doesn't work) but I think it's also because recovery can be so dang boring! Doing stuff helps to pass the time and unless you were a knitter/crossword puzzle fanatic/avid reader/meditator/etc. before surgery, time can seem so slow and tedious in recovery. We intellectually KNOW that we need to slow down and take it easy, but some days this can seem quite impossible--my sympathies! But I hope physio helps today, and that your weekend getaway is relaxing and fun, and encourages you to s-l-o-w down.
 
@mikeycat hope physio goes well today and you have a restful and peaceful time in the country this weekend. Wish I knew of something to keep nature's little vampires away from you.

Oh, I do realize it's hard not to overdo. Sitting at 2 1/2weeks out and I'm already having to remind myself to cool my jets! Made dinner last night for me, hubby, son and DIL. While it wasn't anything really fancy or complicated I just pretty much had to do it all myself other than have hubby assist by putting the casserole in the oven and taking it out. Stood a lot in between the different things that needed to be done, counter surged and even free formed a bit. Felt really good! Until the see dark hours of this morning when it came back and but me! Live and learn, luckily it wasn't too bad but was a good reminder!
:happydance:
 
I can so relate to your cooking dinner story @Elf1. It feels so good at the time! It is all the standing that causes the pain later. At 6 weeks out, I am now beginning to take back control of the meals and kitchen. I have cooked 4 out of the 5 meals so far this week. I have stepped back when it came to the washing up however... :heehee:
 
Hope your weekend is sweet.:SUNsmile:
I'm treating myself to off shore fishing on the coast Sunday...was supposed to go Saturday and Sunday, but seas 3-4 feet (rough) and I'm not knocking my hips about all day.:umm:
2-3 foot seas Sunday, and my new hips, at two years out..will do just great.:egypdance:
 
Last edited:
Hey, @mikeycat, happy Monday and hope you're doing better today. Hope physio went well last week, and it felt good and helped to stretch you out a bit without causing any discomfort. It's another week that we're all starting today, and here's to the hope it will be a good one, with small improvements to encourage us along the way. Cheers!
 
Happy Monday!
I hope you're beginning the week enjoying cooler temps and aren't sportin' any new bites!
Good luck with your appointment today. Let us know how it goes. I'll bet you'll enjoy the peace and quiet outside your window this week with the construction finally over. :yes:
Have a wonderful day! :)
@mikeycat
 
@mikeycat hello!! How are you doing this week? Have the nasty bug bites calmed down?
This nosey CricketHip needs an update.. :fingersx::loveshwr:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
You must be out there living life, as opposed to sitting on a computer.
Places to go, things to do, people to see. :yes:
After all, that's what it's all about. Hope you're enjoying whatever you're doing.
Have a great week!
@mikeycat
 
Hello all.
@Layla Have been busy but with more at the hospital re:bites--more antibiotics--one bite on left hip incision and inflamed, blistered etc. and I was inside the house in the country.But they have different bugs not in the city.This causes entire body inflammation and I then have trouble walking and am achy all over my body--a real treat.
Oh and it has been merciless temp wise--there have been tornadoes and storms but fortunately missed us. The humidity puts it at 40--where is winter?
Hubby was in emergency on Monday all night in the hospital 6 blocks from my house . He had kidney stones. Doing ok now and back at work.We are reexamining our situation for the future.
@Elf1 I have just got back and haven't yet read your blog but I trust you are doing well and progressing and doing but not overdoing. Nice to cook,huh? It is too hot here so salads.
@julesglass I definitely have an allergy now and cant keep going back for antibiotics so I will see an allergist--since this hip thing I am going to doc more than I ever had in my entire life.
@Barbaraj I had a set-back this week-end with more bites--this ominous one over my incision but ok now. Physio was intense but I could handle it. He is stretching it out so I can do on my own and I can keep going there for awhile. He wants to see me walking with no assistance and walking straight and tall.
@linette333 Way to go 4 out of 5 meals. I do several but like it when hubby does some and he does and does it well as he does everything else. I have been cooking for my 2 families since 12 --one I grew up in and my own so a little reprieve is good. I make my hubby's lunches though. Ya know what is different now I can stand for ever so long which I could not do before.Getting there, huh--6 weeks?
@Mojo333 So lovely for you to be out on the water fishing--hope you caught something.

@CricketHip Here's my update today July 31 :Today walked several blocks with a cane, backpack. Had b/f at a cafe--grilled cheese-swiss with an homemade onion compote -heavenly on all grain toast and java. I went to the bank 10 blocks from my house--walked and then back by bus to buy groceries and carried a second bag and had groceries in my backpack as well.So proud of myself.Think I'm gonna be sorry though.I am walking straight in the house. I get up with ease and mosy about. That's today who knows tomorrow.
 
What a wonderful update! Look at you walking all around! you amaze me and hopefully you won't pay for it, Hopefully you are resting and icing now? I hate hearing about those bug bites. My husband can get really infected from some of them.
We took a country ride last Sunday and bless his heart, he was walking back from a bathroom and three yellow jackets stung him. That was on Sunday and his arm is swollen, still and itching like crazy.
The one on his back isn't as bad, I think the two on his arm are worse because they are in very close proximity of each other.
I am a bad wife because all I could think was that I'm so glad it was him and not me. :bignono: :scaredycat:
But I didn't tell him that.:roseshwr:
 
@mikeycat you sound good other than those crazy but bites! Hope you can get those taken care of and don't get any more. Quit being so sweet! :snork:

Feel for your hubby, kidney stones are no fun! Some of the worst pain I've ever had.

I'm doing good, still using walker quite a bit though sneaking in cane at home. Hope to talk PT into letting me move to cane as I see fit when I see her this week.
 
Great report, @mikeycat, especially cool to read about you walking about like that, especially at only two months out! I wanna be where you are in a few more months. I'm doing well at 2 weeks, but definitely getting impatient to become more independent and active. Yes, I suspect you did have to rest immediately when you got back home (that was a long walk, and schlepping all that stuff sounds like it would have put a strain on your body, too) but some ice and maybe some OTC medication plus rest should fix it--onwards! Have a great day.
 
Hi Elf1--it's best when you call the shots. I used that walker til I aggravated the carpal tunnel. Use it til you feel comfortable not and anyway there is no rush.Dont think my OS thought I was that as I argued on the gurney for general anesthesia--ya know in hindsight I think I made the best decision as the drugs they gave me didn't work and they had to call in another anesthesiologist and even now the antibiotics I am taking are slooooooooooooow.
Got to get to your site.
 
I have to laugh CricketHip because I have wished the same or thought the same way as you did--hear me Elf1 not so sweet,huh? My hubby has to go to emergency as he is allergic but no anaphylaxies just cellulitis so he gets infused with iv antibiotics. That is painful for your hubby oh the summer!
 
Hi @mikeycat
You poor thing with those awful bites. My grandson used to swell up pretty badly once bitten when he was young. Then to have one on your incision...awful! Tornados, storms, humidity and hateful biting insects all enough to make you want to stay indoors with the AC on.
Wishing you better days soon! :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you Layla. Today is hot but have ac but I think of hubby and no ac where he is working says he is dying.
 
@mikeycat Wow, those crazy bugs just won't leave you alone. It's like, (here she comes, let's go get her). I feel so bad for you. Summer is supposed to be relaxing and joyful to get out. I'm sure glad they are not in the city. Maybe city life ain't so bad after all. Just go for a car ride to the country and stay in the car. That can be nice too. ♥️
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom