TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Chris, it's great when we get good days like your having I'm well pleased for you my love. And that was funny about the crutch/ handbag thing made me laugh too. I didn't sleep last night so I've been knapping all day like a twit seem like it's going to be a long night again? Foxy.x:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @dogwheels I just read your thread. Fantastic news with your Physio, absolutely smashing. I laughed at the waving crutch like a flappy handbag that was hilarious. I'm just so honestly glad for you things are going so well x x x I'm glad I read that about not going into public pools yet, I was contemplating asking my daughter but I'll leave it because my scar is still a little tender and the skin is hypersensitive where the blisters have scarred the skin x x x bless you x x x x
 
Now I came to find you and say it was hard to find your thread!! I know what you mean about searching around! BUT now that I have found you I will be sure to hang out with you and so many others here on "The Other Side"....
Patience is not one of my virtues and I always want everything yesterday ... but I have done as I've been told (for the first time in my life) - have not let the small stuff grind me down, and I am very satisfied with the way things are progressing.
We are A-lot alike!!! and I am so glad things are progressing so well for you!!

Walking is good
I can't WAIT to say that!!! :)

aren't we all changing our tunes now we're a few weeks post operative? Life is certainly moving on now. Life without sticks and crutches - freedom!
This day will be glorious as we know our lives revolved around our painful knees!!

I just read your thread. Fantastic news with your Physio, absolutely smashing.
I agree completely!!

See you soon!!
 
Hi @suzzee2000 - so glad you found me. My posts on here tend to be updates and not terribly regular.
However, forget all the exercises ............. this is today's achievement. Old polish off and new on, andall my own work. Not perfect, but I am ridiculously pleased with myself!
You will be doing this soon too!

Chris X

[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
 
this is today's achievement. Old polish off and new on, andall my own work. Not perfect, but I am ridiculously pleased with myself!
You will be doing this soon too!
Now, THAT's what I call motivating!!!! WOW I Love it!!! Can't wait! Those toes look like Summer time fun!!!
 
Good job on the tootsies Dogwheels! :bow: For some strange reason, I can't even tie my shoes - something about the angle that it places my knee in for me to be able to maneuver down by my feet just doesn't want to work, so I find painting your toenails highly impressive!!
 
Good morning everyone - It's my 35th Wedding Anniversary today and I am celebrating by going for my 6 week check up with my OS.
Great! I can think of better ways of celebrating, but hopefully husband and I will have a nice long lunch by the River later this afternoon. He really has observed the wedding vows of 'loving and cherishing in sickness and in health' over the past few weeks. No big fuss, but just helping with my recovery and encouraging my return to independence. We are a great team, I love him to bits and am very grateful for all he has done.
Up early, hair and makeup done. No white TED's peeking sexily from below the hem of my dress - no sir, they have been consigned to the great TED graveyard. Hope all goes well - physio was happy at my last appointment so hoping the 'Knee God' will be too. I have done all I was told to do and could not have done any more. Just got to remember to walk nicely to his office (as he always sneakily walks behind you to observe). To control my sitting down and not flop myself into the chair, and to stand without using the arms to push up. Then to bend that knee as far as I can.
Thanks for the good wishes @yiayia3 Will update later.
I have penned a small verse in memorial to my TEDs (I obviously still have far too much time on my hands) - I've put it in the Social bit. Enjoy!
X
 
Well here's my update. Today is going SO well!
OS really, really pleased. He said that my progress was excellent at this point, particularly given the condition of my knee pre-op. Said I was walking well and my walk pattern was very good; my leg is exceptionally straight ie extension and he was overjoyed at that, and pleased with the degree of bend. He's happy that I have ditched the paracetamol and am only taking the odd co-dydramol at night now. I'm OK to drive.
He told me that the 'Cornish pasty' effect on my knee would soon reduce dramatically - and the tight feeling in my scar was due to an undissolved stitch that will sort itself out shortly.
He agreed that I may experience a few probs with lazy tight muscles from so many years of preserving the dodgy knee, but not to get over confident and overdo things - take life gently, and continue with physio with a goal of achieving 120 degrees, which would be the best outcome in my circumstances.
I return to see him in 2 months for an X ray and consult. And if all is well, that's it. Hurrah!

I asked him what 'model' had gone in my knee. The name was so long, I could never remember it - but he said it was the very best available at the present time, and was hideously expensive. That suits me fine - I want a Designer knee, not a Bargain Basement one.

Off to lunch now - thanks to you all for your love and support. I'm not going anywhere and will still be posting on here, but just felt this was a good point to record that making so many friends and having this forum to chat on, has made a huge difference to my recovery so far.:thankyou:

Chris X
 
Hi @dogwheels. I am ever so pleased that all has gone well for you this morning. Wonderful news about your knee, being able to drive and everything. Please enjoy your lunch and your free time x x x I'll check in in you later Anniversary girl x x x x x
 
Unfortunately I have to wait to get off morphine but I have moved it a few times in our parking space, so my husband can get his van out. I shall be glad when I can though xxxxxx
 
Happy Anniversary!!!! That's so very romantic that you chose to spend your special day with your OS, but at least he didn't ruin the mood by saying something negative! :wink: I'm so happy that you got a good report from him and that he's pleased! Have a lovely lunch with your husband and enjoy the rest of your day! xoxoxo
 
Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I hope you have a great day with husband. Great report from DOC!!!!

:):angel::):angel::)
 
Just a quickie - particularly to those whom I was telling today how much easier it is to go 'properly' downstairs backwards. It's easier as it doesn't require you to put as much weight on your operated leg.
It makes things less scary as you are not looking outwards as you descend, but backwards does not work your knee as much. It doesn't just feel easier - it is easier! I had this straight from the physio's mouth this afternoon, complete with slow mo demo!
At long last I actually got some massage in my session - but it was distinctly painful and unpleasant - so I won't be wishing for that again! Evidently I am still black with deep bruising behind my knee!
The bike was dire - I was so far forward my nose was practically on the control panel. I told her I would hurt all evening after being on there for 10 mins and her reply was 'well I won't be there to see that!'
I honestly think that these people have a 'tlc bypass' when they receive their qualifications. However, she is doing the business for me so mustn't complain too much!
X
 
Hi @dogwheels

I'm ever so glad it went well. As regards bruising I still have discoloured patches all up the back of my thigh. After my op, even the PT's were shocked at how badly bruised I was. It looked like I'd been hit by a ten ton truck! By the sounds of it you must've been the same!!!!

I most certainly do agree about tlc bypass some can be very dismissive even harsh!!!

Catch you later Chris and thanks again.

Love Ann x x x
 
hi @dogwheels and everyone else,
I think I must have found that rarity - a nice, caring physiotherapist. I went to my very first hydrotherapy session this afternoon, when she heard that I had already had a session in the gym and also been for a walk today she was concerned that I was overdoing things and was in two minds whether to let me do the hydro. I managed to convince her I was fine, and I'm pleased I did, I had a wonderful time. The water was so warm, the exercises were hard work, and my legs felt like jelly at the end, but she gave me so much encouragement and tips for improving my knees performance. She didn't try to push any more sessions, but I said I wanted another one next week, I know she is helping me to improve.
Have a good evening everyone, xx Ellejay
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom