Guest viewing is limited

TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @71Beetle - thanks for dropping in. I am so sorry to read that you have been in so much pain and really hope that the meds have got the levels back under control.
My study is still a bit of a work in progress, as so much of it was dependent on getting the room my daughter had as her lounge sorted ........ but it is getting there. I will do a bit more during the week, then husband is off sailing in Spain for a few days which will be my opportunity to pull the larger things onto the landing and re-arrange, and then I will be happy. I've got rid of a computer desk which has given me more space and I must say it is really good to be able to find things again - now they are properly sorted and have a home!
Yes we are down at our other place and it is beautiful. The sun is shining and although the torrential downpour we had was inconvenient, it has cleared the air nicely. We were out last night which was fun, but I will post separately about that in a minute. I have had a friend round all morning as we are organising a charity event in 2 weeks time and needed to have a catch up and sort things out a bit. Looks as though it is going to be really good and we have some super auction and raffle prizes. Husband is cleaning the bottom of the one he loves most(!) this afternoon, ie his boat, so I am going along with him to spend some money in my favourite dress shop and have a mooch around the market that fills the High St there on a Saturday, while he scrubs her bottom.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.

XX
 
Hi everyone - @Nana moon 27 @Ellejay @Jozilla @susanne @TexasTee @@hopefaith @cafecortado @chestnc @DogLoverx3 @jbucks @71Beetle @zlady @Judlepip and anyone else that may be reading .....

Well yesterday was hectic - I had managed to remember my password for Freecycle and in a blink of an eye several people wanted the IKEA stuff I was getting rid of, so we piled that up by our garage for collection and then headed to our other place. The traffic was appalling, traffic jams all the way, so for once I was grateful for husband's zealous use of the Satnav. Thankfully we have been doing the journey for so many years we know every alternative route going, so we were not held up for too long. Even so, it took us an extra hour - but I opted not to have a knee comfort stop and I was fine. Hurrah!
We got ourselves sorted and ready and then headed off for a champagne jolly on the Isle of Wight. Torrential rain and flash flooding en route made us glad we had taken my 4 X 4 - the water was really deep in places. By the time we had collected husband's repaired sail and got to the ferry, it had dried up, the sky had cleared and it was a beautiful evening. We went over as foot passengers, and I quite happily went up the flights of stairs from the bottom of the boat to the passenger lounge and back down when we arrived, without holding anyone up. Hurrah x2! Then took a short walk to Royal Solent YC.
We went and got the goody bag with promotional flags, hats, champagne glasses, thermal drink mugs etc - but more importantly tickets to access the champagne reception. The place was heaving - but who cares when there is free Tattinger?? There was a lifeboat and helicopter demonstration which was impressive and despite not being able to find a seat or convenient bit of wall, I was fine standing for about 2 hours (the champagne helped). We then went up a large metal spiral staircase for our supper. Knee still good. Hurrah X 3.
We got the ferry back and I decided that I wanted to go right up the top on the open sundeck (it was 21.30 but still a lovely evening). Husband was being very kind and asked a member of staff if we could cross the car deck to use the lift. It was out of order! Not to be deterred, I trotted up all the flights of stairs right to the top and came all the way down again when we arrived back. I drove us home and had no probs with all our stairs here. Hurrah X 4
Moriarty the Knee did me proud - no ill effects today and I am off shopping this afternoon. Perhaps that's the answer? TKR's are best run on champagne - the perfect lubricant!

[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..


XXX
 
Beautiful!!! Enjoy your shopping. You are doing so well. Every time I go up and down my stairs- only ten - I think of you! Four flights. Definately a success story and very inspiring. Xoxo
 
Your doing great @dogwheels,well done you. Talking of boats my husband would like a boat on the french canals,we are going out in September to have a look at some,seems he has to have a boat somewhere,oh well looks like another adventure. Have a nice day
 
@dogwheels the photos are absolutely beautiful. I'm afraid I did smirk somewhat when you mentioned your husband scrubbing the bottom etc xxxx I love the sound of a champagne cure for knee pain. Love it!!! I'm glad you're having a good time. You so deserve it x x x x

I cant wait to see what you buy from the lovely shop this time. I get very excited x x x x
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
You're right on the money there @Phil75070 those drinks look very tempting. I've forgotten what alcohol even tastes like x x x x I'm sure that's a Martini in the centre with my name on it!!! Xxx

@dogwheels, @DogLoverx3, @TexasTee, to name but a few! there's one each there for us, could you imagine us lot drunk and together...I think it would be hilarious x x x x imagine if all our friends from our threads threw a great big party.....wonderful. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Phil75070 - I have decided that I am going to write an informed and well-researched medical paper:

'The positive effects of fermented and effervescent French grapes and long term high-end retail environment exposure in the recovery and mental well-being of female patients receiving Total Knee Arthroplasty.'

However, as everyone knows for a thesis of this sort many hours of personal research and accumulation of data will be required ............ so the final version may take a while :heehee:

XX

PS - As for the bottom cleaning, I was about to tell you that I do not use grime and lime remover on my nether regions - nor do I need a Hose with a broom to reach my 'important little places'. I was going to say that my husband used 'Cillit Bang' - then I looked up what the equivalent is in US and it tells me its 'Easy Off Bam' - under the circumstances both names are somewhat risqué given the images you and @Nana moon 27 had in mind!
 
You said: "As for the bottom cleaning, I was about to tell you that I do not use grime and lime remover on my nether regions - nor do I need a Hose with a broom to reach my 'important little places'. I was going to say that my husband used 'Cillit Bang' - then I looked up what the equivalent is in US and it tells me its 'Easy Off Bam' "

@dogwheels I wasn't sure whether to tag your post as 'funny' or 'informative'.
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
 
Lovely pictures @dogwheels. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your recovery, the charity work and your study. My husband has a fishing boat that he spends a lot of time with as well so I know where you are coming from. I don't mind though. It gives me time to do my thing, lately that would be napping. :)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
 
@dogwheels, if you need any researchers to help with your medical paper I'm your girl, just call me and I will willingly suffer whatever is involved in the interests of scientific study and research! :beer:.
Seriously, I am so thrilled for you that your knee has successfully passed all the tests you set for it this weekend, and passed with flying colours at that, well done, you are doing so brilliantly now after that setback you had.
I know I probably deserve a seat right at the back of the class for my inattentiveness and lack of up to date knowledge of all the threads...I have only just managed to watch the sailing video :thud: - sorry. It is so beautiful. I like my ships to be very large, with bars, restaurants, en suites and cinemas, but even so, it was a wonderful film.
@yiayia3, we spent quite a bit of time along the Canal du Midi whilst we were in France, and chatted to a few people on the canal boats. They were all having a wonderful time, and it was made easier because all the lock gates were operated by electricity, no messing around with keys, and struggling to open the gates, they were all impressed with how easy it all was.
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
This is a series of SEVEN locks, one after the other :kayak:There was even a traffic light system so people could only go up or down at certain times.
 
Hi @Ellejay - thanks for the kind words and glad you liked the video. @susanne liked it too, but said it made her a bit seasick!
Yes I have been heartened and pleased with the knee's performance this weekend. My PT told me last week that she would assume that although in terms of physical recovery, I am almost at 6 months (Monday) - in terms of mobility it would be more realistic to take it from the setback I had, given I had to do everything all over again, which makes it about 4.5 months. I had a sneaky look back at your thread at the 4.5 months mark, around mid-May, and sure enough you seemed to be getting on with things really well then - so I am just hoping I follow a similar course.

As for the research project, happy to have you on board. What do you want to test - champagne or retail therapy? Silly me, it has to be both!

Sorry your other knee is playing you up, but glad you had such a lovely time with your Grandson.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Talk soon

XX
 
So today we held a memorial service for one of my oldest friends who passed 2 yrs ago from colon cancer
My sister hooked her daughter randee up with a friend who is the director or the creative arts center. What they do is teach art classes to patients in hospitals waiting for chemo or having chemo and families. Esp for older patients to keep their minds occupied looking at beads making silver jewelry painting all for cancer pts only. It's a wonderful cause a great idea and she speaks all over the country to get donations and to work thru other hospitals for this cause she's so passionate about
It was held in the MIDDLE OF CENTRAL PARK which means lots of walking. Feet hurt knees hurt hips hurt I was a mess and then u see all these brave woman suffering and you just can't feel bad about your self
Anyway soothing my blisters. Murres some pic of the event. These are my friend from grade school and yes still friends it's so great
Enjoy everyone ❤️❤️
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

The guy in the hat that in hugging so tight was my friends husband. He's a rare gem it really was a great day but way to much walking for me. Plus I wore sneakers my sister gVe me who says so comfy full of blisters ugh!!
Nite all it's 12:30 am ❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom