THR Officially a Double Hippie

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sound like a lot of PT to me. You mentioned doing the exercises several times a day. I definitely needed the strong pain medication when I had the thigh pain. If you look at the xray, and see how far down that implant goes into your thigh, it makes sense. They hammer it quite a ways. I expected for my hips to hurt, but it was really the sides of my thighs that were tender. Hope it gets better.
 
But this time I'm having a lot of almost throbbing and aching pain in inner and front thigh.
As we always point out, literally every THR is different - even on the same person. This sounds like a classic case of being under medicated and too much activity. Still very early days for you. I would stop all that PT and chores, take your meds as prescribed when you left hospital and rest. Lots of muscle and soft tissue healing going on.
 
Thanks. I think it is definitely a muscle issue with walking differently, etc. I start out patient PT next Monday with the same wonderful PT I had for the first hip and sure she will address this issue. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good, healing day
 
Thanks. The pain is not bad, just different. It's better today. How are all of you doing? Wishing you pain free days and sleepfull nights!
 
@Doodles51 how is your thigh pain now.I am feeling more pain in the knee and shin today as well as in the hamstrings.My pain seems to move around as it did last time.I have made a bit of progress in that I don't need hubby's help to get in and out of bed but I use the belt from my robe as a leg lifter instead.Let us know how you get on at PT.
 
@Kim22 Glad you're getting in and out bed on your own. My pain seems to be better. It has never been too bad, justice of achy feeling. Yes it's true the pains do move around from day to day. The outside of thigh feels bruised, but it's not on the outside anyways. Happy healing to you!
 
Thanks @DeepBreath I am
Doing well. 2 weeks anniversary today. I told myself once I make it to this day, it's smooth sailing. How are you foing today?
 
Happy Anniversary, @Doodles51! :) I'm doing good today. Just being chill and enjoying the lovely breeze coming in the windows. :)
 
sounding good @Doodles51 ! Happy Anniversary!! I'm enjoying my days now, too. But I sure do get sleepy.
 
I had my first break out of home prison today, going to the grocery store. I never thought I would look forward to grocery shopping. It's a beautiful sunny autumn day here in Michigan and so nice to get out of the house. Looking forward to PT on Monday morning. I've started using the cane more the last few days and found myself leaving it in another room a couple of times today. It's hard having surgery 2 months apart because I just got used to being able to do things with restrictions being lifted, and now have them again for at least a few more weeks. I hope everyone is healing well, taking care of themselves and enjoying a nice day
 
Hey! Hey! Progress! And after the restrictions are lifted, there's no stopping you.
 
I had my 3 1/2 week left (12 1/2 weeks right) post op visit today. Surgeon says everything looks good. Other than twisting bending over to the side or crossing leg over midline, all restrictions over. I can drive, only need cane for long distances or out and about if needed. He told me to walk as much as I liked. He pointed out on X-ray 1 millimeter length difference and that any perceived length difference will work itself out as muscles heal and get stronger. I feel so fortunate to have found such a great surgeon, to have both surgeries behind me and look forward to continued healing. Looking back it seems I wasted two years of my life, one getting my PCP (who is no longer my doctor) to get an X-ray and another year of stress and worrying about the surgery, versus 12 weeks of actually getting through both surgeries with little pain. I look forward to continued progress and being able to lose more weight. I can't wait to get back to moving again. I wish you all a great recovery. It's all worth it. Now I've got to get out for another short walk.
 
:wowspring:@Doodles51 wonderful news! I bet many of us wish we hadn't hesitated so long. Once one is on the road to recovery it is hard to imagine we hesitated or found it so difficult to have our condition accurately diagnosed! Continue your great recovery and enjoying your pain free life. :cheers: :yay: :yes!:
 
Congratulations @Doodles51! That's great news. It's always encouraging to hear from people who have had such positive results from this surgery. I'm glad to hear that you are out walking. I feel the same way. I spent this morning gardening, and I feel just wonderful. Before the surgery, I couldn't do it anymore. It's so rewarding to get back your passions and hobbies.
 
Thanks for the kind words. I hope everyone is healing and enjoying the day.
 
@Doodles51, your update was fantastic! So happy for you that everything looks good and that you now have all this behind you. I so agree with Plum that I'll bet most of us hippies regret not getting this out of the way sooner.
I hope you'll soon be doing all the things you enjoyed before the hip troubles began. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom