TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
No crutches for a mile! That's brilliant, well done, you give me hope x
 
Wow!!!! I'm impressed!
 
Thanks everybody. It really does feel good to walk again. The mile is also at a reasonable pace too. Ah, now its just those blinking stairs and the quad lag!!!! I think its getting better. I'm really trying when I do my leg raises.
 
I don't believe it..... my left, non-TKR knee, has decided to misbehave. I'm getting all the stabbing pains that I used to get in my right, although not as bad as my right was. It has made me realise just how pain free my right TKR knee is now, irrespective of the rubber bands and stiffness.
 
That happens very frequently, Margaret!!! These unoperated knees do tend to get jealous of their shiny new partner and decide to squawk.
 
Yup...mine is starting up big time...here we go again ???
 
Yup...mine is starting up big time...here we go again ???

Yes. Mine, too! I've told my OS he can do the second knee in about 2 years' time but might have to modify that, depending on how it goes.
 
Margaret,

My other knee took until 6 mos post-op to let me know it was still there. I opted to try the Supartz injections a time or two before I decide to do the surgery again. It is NO WHERE near as bad as the right one was, basically just starting to tell me it is not as happy as it should be.
 
I'm going to have an x-ray in April just so I know where I stand :th_heehee:and then try anything rather than schedule number 2 so quickly - now that I'm finally feeling so good with the RTKR !
 
I don't believe it..... my left, non-TKR knee, has decided to misbehave. I'm getting all the stabbing pains that I used to get in my right, although not as bad as my right was. It has made me realise just how pain free my right TKR knee is now, irrespective of the rubber bands and stiffness.


All perfectly normal, as our "good" knee is now bearing the brunt of the load. Chances are you may need to get that one looked at down the road, too.
 
Hi Margaret

I have just read your comments on another thread regarding getting in and out of a bath and negotiating escalators :what::what::what: I haven't thought about escalators, I can't imagine getting on them - how scary!!!!! I have been thinking about the bath and in my mind I think it's possible but in reality maybe not yet. It's the getting out :scratch:

My other knee played up a couple of times in the first few weeks, it has now settled down - I hope yours decides to do the same.
 
My other knee played up a couple of times in the first few weeks, it has now settled down - I hope yours decides to do the same.

It is good to know that, sometimes, when the operative knee begins to literally and figuratively carry its own weight, the other knee calms down!
 
I can also vouch for that, I didn't have any problem with my left knee until after the RTKR and then for a few weeks it started to winge, and I though OMG here we go again, but I am now 17 months on, and I haven't felt anything from the leftie for a while now. Could be that I have also lost nearly 3 stones in weight too!!!:blush:

My RTKR knee is good, I do anything I want to, and ROM has settled at around 120 but hoping to get more, but still every day I have the tightness all around my knee. I have got used to it though, and its not so bothersome, just something that never seems to disappear.

Take care everyone, you are all doing so well so early in your recoveries, so listening to the BS's obviously helps, and its so good to be able to share in your recoveries, brings it all back and makes you realise how far you yourself have come!!.:friends:
 
I can also vouch for that, I didn't have any problem with my left knee until after the RTKR and then for a few weeks it started to winge, and I though OMG here we go again, but I am now 17 months on, and I haven't felt anything from the leftie for a while now. Could be that I have also lost nearly 3 stones in weight too!!!:blush:

Wow -Aretha - all that weight loss ! Good for you ! I'm hoping my new knee will help me lose more too ...:sigh: My "other" knee - now named 'Sineestra" is definitely not happy so hopefully it will follow your path. Thanks for the hope...
 
Just had physio, really just for massage back of thigh as muscles tightening and giving me grief! Anyway, ROM measured at 106, so up on 100 two weeks ago measure by physio (and 92 measured by surgeon 12 days ago).
 
Well done! You really are doing very well.
 
Had a bit of a reality check tonight. As an accountant I visited a client that I'm quite fond of at his home to collect his tax papers tonight. I knew he had prostrate cancer, and had lost his wife to ovarian cancer 6 months ago. Tonight I found out the cancer is now is his bones. Such a lovely gentleman. Life can be so unfair sometimes.
 
How sad, Margaret .

Sure helps put the knee problems into perspective - though we still can't minimize the pain and torment -just need to remember that we will get better !!!
 
That's another thing surgeon told me along with ''90% of patients wishing they hadn't had it done in the first 3 months'' was ''it's not cancer, and it won't kill you''
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom