Guest viewing is limited

TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news on the stairs.:yes 4:
 
Wow, up AND down the stairs. Proof that even when we think it isn't happening, we really are healing. SO happy for you!!!
 
Thanks everybody. The shoes I've been walking in I've had for quite a while, so this afternoon I walked in my tramping boots which were quite new before the surgery. And I think my walking was much better. I went down and up a hill no bother.
 
Proper shoes for support and ones that aren't old with your pre-surgery wear patterns make all the difference in the world.
 
Jamie, I do believe you are absolutely right. On Monday I'm ordering a new pair of Nike Air Pegasus Trail Runners (not that I'll run in them!) They're just great shoes, nice and light so you don't feel like you're feet are weighed down.
 
Margaret, What a way to go. Good for you, new shoes, and steps :wow2:What a wonderful day. Hope to hear about more succes. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
great report Margaret!! I bought new sneakers before TKR and they have been great. I did not replace my work shoes and that is something I plan to do right away, just had not considered it before. Funny how we all come up with these very practical solutions that may not be exactly scientific, but work nonetheless!!

Be well,

Dawn
 
How are the new shoes doing? Had a wonderful weekend. Hope you had the same. Do take care but have fun. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Bad news is ROM hasn't improved, still 105. :hissyfit:. Extension is ok, almost 0

Now the good news - I walked up and down the stairs all by myself, foot over foot, NO HANDRAIL, NO CRUTCHES. :yahoo: Was a bit jerky with my TKR knee, but nevertheless I DID IT......
Those two bits are very contradictory, Margaret. No bad news if you're doing stairs perfectly normally with no hands! I really wouldn't worry about your ROM as you are a) past the magic 100 mark and b) still only about 4 months out. You have plenty of time to make up ground.
 
Thanks everybody. Josephine- great words of advice - thank you.
 
WOW That Great with the stairs. If you can go up the stairs without using railes I would think same as the other. You are able to bend that knee like you are surpose to. I found that I got so hung up on the number that I didn't realize how far I have come. Keep up the good work. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
New shoes have arrived 2pm this afternoon. So worn them for 5 hours so far and seem to be having a positive impact. Lets hope it continues. Guy in the shop thought I'm still pronating inwards slightly on both feet, but I'm seeing physio tomorrow to see if I need to get new orthotics to go in them.
 
What way to go. You are doing so great. Keep up the good work. Remember every day is one day closer to full recover. Take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze::friends:Trashia
 
Hi Maragret

Its great that your ROM is improving, but as Jo said you are only 4 months out and I was in a similar position at around 95 deg at 4/5 months. Now am 18+ months from op and my ROM is continually improving and is around 125/130 nowadays, so much so that I don't even give it another thought, but can only come on here and champion Jo for saying that there is no finite date for gaining movement, you are your only barrier! :friends:
 
Well done for the stairs, Margaret!

You and I are at about the same time from our TKRs and, so far, although I can do stairs one step at a time, i have not been able to do them yet without holding onto the rail. You're ahead of me there. Well done, you! :yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom