Guest viewing is limited

Hand Now it's my hands

@Jaycey, I am doing well. The procedure that was done was with suspension and internal bracing. No ligaments were cut. The suspension tape was screwed into the thumb and the hand bone, not sure of the name. The same one used for tight rope cmc arthroplasty but without any extra incisions.
 
I had my almost 3 month appointment today! The Dr said I am doing VERY well. Better than expected and he is ready to schedule my next surgery. I asked to wait a bit.
 
@Grammy57 Well done on your follow up appointment. I don't blame you for wanting to take a bit of a break from surgery now. There is so much going on with this virus - life is tough enough. Take a break and enjoy the holiday season.
 
@Jaycey, The Dr was suggesting next month, after the holidays, but I am thinking more like March so the weather will hopefully be better for the drive to OT
 
How long SHOULD you wait between surgeries?
 
I have scheduled my CMC suspensionplasty for mid March.
 
Thank you. I was nervous about it being too soon but decided to do it now instead of waiting for the pain to be unbearable and who knows what will be going on. Praying it was the right choice.
 
Hello. I am now almost 7 months post-op on my left hand and almost a month post-op on my right hand. The left still gets sore with overuse. My right hand is doing well. I start OT today. The Dr said my right hand turned out better than the left. I can do more with it than I could the left at this point.
 
Update: Right had developed pain and swelling at 6 months for no apparent reason. It is still swollen and painful 5 months later. All imaging is clear, nothing can be seen. Dr says revision surgery is 50% chance of helping. Still considering what to do.
 
Aww, I’m sorry to read this, Grammy. I wish it wasn’t so. Hate to see you struggling again. Wishing you lots of comfort. :console2: Please keep us in the loop.
@Grammy57
 
The Dr scheduled me for revision surgery on 3/17. I'm a little nervous because of the anesthesiologist that will be there that day. He was very rude to me the last time. I've ask he not be my Dr. The revision will now be the mini tightrope version. The Dr said I have a 50/50 chance it will be better. I asked if it would get worse and he said "no". I've started having spasms with this thumb and it won't let go (pulls into my hand) unless I physically move it with my other hand. I sure hope this works.
 
I had the revision surgery on Thurs. The Dr said it went well. He cleaned up scar tissue and put in the mini tightrope. I had a nerve block that didn't work. I was given Dilaudid and sent home. I'm not in a lot of pain. My hand has a huge bandage and it's my dominant hand. Today I am extremely tired but in the past year I had the original surgery on this thumb, then psoas tendon release, 6 months later 3 level ACDF, and now my thumb again. Plus an endoscopy last month. I guess my body needs a rest. :)
 
I guess my body needs a rest.
After all of that, you and your body deserve a rest! Give yourself the grace to do just that.

Hope this latest procedure gives you the relief you need. Keep us posted.
 
I had trapeziectomy, carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery to my right (dominant) hand in April 2021 and although it was hard going for a long time, I am now so glad that I had it done. I have THR on 23/3 and then surgery to my left hand. They do say that things come in threes...
 
@Grammy57 That's a lot of surgery to deal with. Please rest and let your body recover. I look forward to your updates.
 
@Lynne54 take care. Ive had THR and it was a long road but I'm doing so much better. Best wishes for fast and full recovery.
 
@Jaycey I most definitely am resting. I know my body has been through a lot these past few years. Thank you. My hand is already hurting a lot less.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom