Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your message made me laugh as here I am lying in bed procrastinating again - must get up and go to the gym! I will get there today. My knee was aching a bit yesterday but it's continuing to improve so no excuses today. :upright::treadmill: Have you really got a sea view?
Gardening is still a bit tough on the knees, I find although I did my share of weeding yesterday.
Have a lovely day
X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chortle procrastinating knees sound like two old guys on muppets. Good luck with very GENTLE gym exercises.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have two windows in my office - and they look out into the hallway, LOL. I'm in a basement - and have no idea what the weather is like outside. There were times that I'd think it was nice outside, only to leave work and walk outside into snow! LOL. I joke that if we ever have a tornado, I'd be the safe one!

Careful not to overdo it - but awesome that you are able to garden. That's impressive!!
 
@ljrfrm - Your office window sounds like my "post retirement" office, except the hall window was hidden behind filing cabinets. I had no idea whether it was raining or beautiful out, day or night! The only human contact I had was over the phone unless I had an interview day - then I had a stream of people come in. Maybe there is some hope for a better office for you someday.

@SuperSnapper - oh do I wish I'd had a sea view in that office! In my real job our offices looked out Burrard Inlet and Stanley Park - certainly not ocean but salt water. The big Holland America cruise ships would be under our windows from May to September and I was usually in the office when the passengers all lined up on the deck for their safety drill, and sometimes I was still there as they headed out on their cruise to Alaska going under Lion's Gate Bridge.

My version of a sea view is overlooking the Pacific Ocean from the other side of Vancouver Island - which separates us from the ocean. This is the view from our campsite last year - next stop Japan is just a little way beyond those islands ;-) Not an award winning photo but this year I'll be able to walk this beach and the 10 km one in Pacific Rim National Park!

[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
 
Wow, I wish I had that view. (Ok, I wish I had any view, LOL). At least I get to interact with awesome children and great coworkers - and I can find excuses to go outside every once in awhile!!
 
@ljrfrm - I can totally relate but if I had a view of the ocean out my office window, I'd want the window open so I could hear the soothing waves and smell the salt air. That's what I love about that campsite when we're camped in our Westphalia - the sound of the waves surround us. You're over "hump" day of the week and it will be the weekend before you know it. A massage in your future?

We're heading for a spell of rain, according to the forecast - so we plan to head out with our cameras to enjoy the sun tomorrow.
 
Walked about a mile and a half on a beach yesterdayI The knees ached but I made it. My second knee is a lot more achy at the moment than my knee one - :no-fin::gaah:. I'll post a photo on Flickr later .
Have a lovely day
xxxxx
 
Yes, I'm over hump day. Massage on Saturday - first one in three weeks...Aaaaaaah. Today I am only working for a few hours and then am taking leave and going to the Nationals baseball game. Yay me! Lots of walking - between the 10 min walk from the parking lot, getting up to the seats, etc. I can use the exercise - we'll see if the knees agree with my plan!
 
@SuperSnapper - sometimes I just can't figure out the rating for a certain post, like the one you wrote above. I'm :) that you walked on a beach and a bit envious; I'm :sad: that your other knee isn't happy; I'm :yahoo: to look for another of your beautiful photos on Flickr and :thankyou:, we will have a lovely day out at our favourite botanical gardens, with our cameras.

Hugs to you across the pole!
 
Walked over 2 miles on a cliff top over uneven ground today but am finding walking tiring - must put more effort into getting fitter. Gannet photos on flickr over weekend.
Hope you had a good day and enjoyed the botanical gardens.

Big hug flying over the pole.
 
@SuperSnapper - love your gannet photos. I csn't believe you walked 2 miles on a cliff top to get to where you could get those photos - up and down, not on the flat where I've been sticking! Very brave of you. We don't have them on this side of the continent but we certainly saw them and lots of puffins when we were in Newfoundland. I also noticed that you had put up some other photos - somehow I didn't get a Flickr notice for those. It's weird - I'm getting BoneSmart alerts that are sometimes for a post that is 5 days old.

We enjoyed our time with our cameras yesterday but the sun and shadows were very strong. I have to work on mastering photographing in the sun. They didn't look as washed out on the camera as they did when I brought them into Lightroom.
 
@Threads Haven't heard from you for a while so wondered how you are doing with your new knees and camera? I expect you are just busy with life. I only pop in here now and again but do think of you all the way over the Pole.
sending you a large Yorkshire hug xx
 
Thanks, @SuperSnapper - I have been quiet because my current issues are not knee related. I was having problems with my back but about 10 days ago I started into a tension headache that has slowed me down. I've never had one that has lasted so long and I think I know what caused it. I did some very intensive handwork two weekends ago and must have put myself in a tight position for the approximately 6 hours while I worked on that project - I got caught up listening to an audio book so didn't move much. I've got a new physio for my back after trying a chiropractor for a few times. However, I decided that I will be living with arthritis in my back so a better way would be to build up my core to support it. She gave me exercises for my shoulders and neck but it hadn't helped by Monday, so I phoned a massage therapist we've known for many years and he worked on my back and neck for 45 minutes Monday afternoon. I have another session today.

Yesterday we headed out to a small fishing village that has gone quite touristy as it got absorbed by the suburbs and did spend a bit of time on the dock until we had to run for cover when the rain arrived! I have some photos but haven't uploaded them to Lightroom, so don't know if I like any of them yet.

Thank you for the hug across the pole - I needed that, it felt good on my tight shoulders.

@fiberlady - I've decided I'm being counterproductive, so I'm going to pretend that the sample on my loom doesn't exist until my headache goes away. Last night I was crunched up at the loom, rethreading the area past where I had made the error. I'm having to be careful because I no longer have the cross, so I'm reaching through to make sure that I get the next right thread! I know that I'm hunched over which is not a good thing to be after a massage :-( I'll go to my meeting tomorrow empty handed but hopefully without a headache. I can still weave the natural cotton warp that is ready to go on my table loom.

@ljrfrm - trust you are having a good week - it is hump day, so the weekend is getting closer. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and will look for your report after your meeting with your OS. Hope he has something constructive to say other than "it takes time".
 
PS - is anyone else having issues with email alerts? I don't seem to be getting them anymore and I've tried resetting everything I can think of!
 
Not getting any alerts at all. I just discovered I made a threading error on my warp for the workshop, missed a complete heddle. So I am repairing it (I was going to leave it, but since we are sharing our samples with others I had better repair it) and that means I have to re-thread the reed. I am getting used to the new loom, it is easy to move heddles around, it threaded up easily but I am having difficulty seeing the white warp against the white heddles. My eyesight is not that good maybe after I have cataract surgery things will be better. Hope your headache goes away. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom