sunnyphoenix
junior member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2023
- Messages
- 47
- Age
- 77
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Two and a half months since surgery and I keep forgetting it ever happened. I also sometimes forget the pain of arthritis in my knee last year and my hip this year, and feel truly blessed (when I do remember) that it could be eliminated. What did people do before these replacement surgeries were developed, especially when the pain made some people want to scream and gnaw on their bodies?
I have some very, very mild concerns about the need for more surgery in the future as moderate arthritis has been diagnosed in my right knee and hip. Since there's a metal rod in my femur in that leg, I believe the surgery would be a little tricky as the rod must be removed. However, my surgeon told me that the arthritis may never progress to the point of needing surgery, especially as my weight is getting under control. 96 pounds lost so far with 19 to go until reaching my goal. Along the way to that goal, after 15 pounds are gone, I'll move downward from "overweight" to "normal," a place I haven't been for 35 years.
So yes, life is good. We've moved into our new house, almost two months ahead of schedule. I kept saying we must aim for August 31st as I was unsure how fast this THR would heal and allow me to pack, carry items, unpack, put things away, you get the picture. But the recovery was so fast that we moved in July 6th.
To everyone waiting for surgery or recovering from it, I wish you the best. There will be good days and there will be bad ones. I like the drawing of our expectations showing as a straight upward line and the reality being a jiggly, all-over-the-place line. This is SO true!
I have some very, very mild concerns about the need for more surgery in the future as moderate arthritis has been diagnosed in my right knee and hip. Since there's a metal rod in my femur in that leg, I believe the surgery would be a little tricky as the rod must be removed. However, my surgeon told me that the arthritis may never progress to the point of needing surgery, especially as my weight is getting under control. 96 pounds lost so far with 19 to go until reaching my goal. Along the way to that goal, after 15 pounds are gone, I'll move downward from "overweight" to "normal," a place I haven't been for 35 years.
So yes, life is good. We've moved into our new house, almost two months ahead of schedule. I kept saying we must aim for August 31st as I was unsure how fast this THR would heal and allow me to pack, carry items, unpack, put things away, you get the picture. But the recovery was so fast that we moved in July 6th.
To everyone waiting for surgery or recovering from it, I wish you the best. There will be good days and there will be bad ones. I like the drawing of our expectations showing as a straight upward line and the reality being a jiggly, all-over-the-place line. This is SO true!
