THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

Wow! You are amazing, good luck, take care...

Makes my recovery seem very slow!
 
Hi Guys,
Completed the 100 mile sportive in 5hr 30 minutes and was 10th rider home. It was a tough windy ride but not too hilly. No real problems on the ride but the following week had a pulled muscle in my lower back that has sidelined me again. Not sure its related to the ride though. Will be back on it shortly! Cycling has been the best therapy for me, its given me goals and a reason to get up and put the effort in. As my physio said, the odds of getting injured are the same now as before the accident so why not!? I love my new hip, just need to get the other one done now to balance it up!
Wills
 
Well done wills! Hope that back settles soon. Happy cycling! :bicycle1:
 
Well done Wills, [Bonesmart.org] Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

Hope your back settles soon, I can sympathize with 3 discs that keep popping out.
 
Hi J, Yep seen that, would love to get involved. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really do think the key to my recovery was the wattbike. Any stationary bike would do the same thing I'm sure. I rode it every day from about 2 weeks post op. just spin really easy gears to start with zero or little resistance and build it gradually from there.
 
Hi Willis,

I was excited to hear about your successful ride! Congrats on that! You mentioned back problems. Are you getting in enough warm-ups and cool downs after those great rides?

Elle
 
Hi Guys,
not been on here for a while but now 6 months post op and to be honest my hip causes me very few problems and I can do pretty much anything.
However I am getting on and off very severe lower back pain normally after reaching down and across to pick something up. This can sometimes distort my spine so it goes up at an angle and I cant stand up straight. I have had Myopathy carried out numerous time which seems to alleviate it temporarily but it hits back in after a few weeks.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Will.
 
Hi Will,
I am sorry to read about your lower back pain. I regularly go and see a McTimoney chiropractor who does wonders for my back. Might be worth a try for you too.
Biggle
 
You took the words right out of my mouth, Biggle. Couldn't do without my chiro!
 
A close friend of mine who preceded me in the hip replacement complained about severe back pain several months post-op as well, and for him the issue resolved with some extensive hamstring stretching. Just something to try perhaps.
 
I've had reocurring lower back problems for 10 years. My adv would be to push the gp's to get it looked at and don't leave it too long.
 
Hi Guys, it's been a while but after a year of pretty much pain free life I have started to get discomfort when walking upstairs or squatting and some times when going from sitting to standing and vice versa. Its in my left bum cheek and transmits down the leg. Getting gradually worse over the last 2 weeks. I have been very active since the op with loads of Gym work and 1000's of miles of cycling. I can still cycle pretty much pain free apart from getting on and off. Any advice?
Thanks, Will.
 
Hi Will, I had major piriformis issues post op. I know do hamstring stretches everyday - even when I am sitting at the computer. Hope this settles for you. Keep us updated!
 
Horrid spasms in the butt and shooting down the back of the leg. At times it left me breathless!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom